• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces a new Action RPG for Switch/PS4/Vita, out in JP on Jan 25th

Update: Preview scan and screens!

l_59e5d74128c4fy1s0c.jpg
l_59e5d7411f7c6rvscx.jpg

l_59e5d7413090fexsdp.jpg
l_59e5d7412ca8cbksqz.jpg

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201710/18144217.html

###

Title translates as Your Four Knight Princess Training Story

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/nis-announces-four-knight-princess-training-story-ps4-switch-ps-vita

Development is being handled by the staff behind Penny-Punching Princess. Character design is being handled by The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 character designer Madoka Hanashiro.

The game puts players in the role of a knight who teaches and guides four princesses. It is described as a princess-raising strategy action game where players communicate with the princesses while leading soldiers into battle.

More in the link above.

###

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/status/920239243057946624

Name is apparently あなたの四騎姫教導譚.

BriBri's got the scoop it seems. Apparently this is the game N1 opened a teaser site for:

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_171016/

I'll update the OP as more info comes.

vato_loco

They haven't announced the official name yet, so any translation would be speculation. But yeah, The 4 Instruction Talks Knight Princesses sounds about right.

Shizuka

Development is being handled by the staff behind Penny-Punching Princess. Character design is being handled by The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 character designer Madoka Hanashiro.

Meaning it's one of their smaller-scope titles.

chrono01

Getting a "Witch and the Hundred Knight" feeling from the screenshots(not just the art but the gameplay itself). It look interesting though, I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Wait, there's a The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2? Dammit, I still need to play the first one.

As for this game: it looks interesting, I guess. I do hope the princesses, or whatever they are, aren't just walking anime tropes. Their description in the Gematsu link above does give that impression.

sinonobu

Banned
this is the start, yes.

also, pray for penny-punching princess and the longest five minutes. future localizations ride on their performance.

Pre ordered LE for both of them.

Hopefully they sell well

Looks interesting. If I get it I'll probably go for the Switch version. But I bet it sells best on Vita.

If this gets localized Switch ver will probably be the best selling sku

this is the start, yes.

also, pray for penny-punching princess and the longest five minutes. future localizations ride on their performance.

The Switch version of those have a big advantage of having exclusive retail releases. Lots will buy them JUST for that alone over the other versions.

I pray myself that those do well enough. NIS is a great company to have on Switch IMO. Especially in the absence of the larger JRPG devs.

Do we know how Touhou Kobuto V has done so far on Switch?

sinonobu

Banned
Lol, nope. Maybe 50/50. Maybe.

I'd say it's higher now since these titles are actually having healthy sales on Switch.

If Penny-Punching Princess and Longest 5 Minutes sell decently I don't see why NIS wouldn't bring these titles.

Especially when their games are not selling well in Japan at all.

way better than the ps4 version. this is a consistent theme so far with a lot of ps4/switch games.

Hopefully they'll port over Gensou Wanderer if it's doing that well.

Edit: And on topic, it looks decent. Not sure I'm the biggest fan of the princess designs, but if the gameplay looks fun I'll grab it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The Switch version of those have a big advantage of having exclusive retail releases. Lots will buy them JUST for that alone over the other versions.

I pray myself that those do well enough. NIS is a great company to have on Switch IMO. Especially in the absence of the larger JRPG devs.

Do we know how Touhou Kobuto V has done so far on Switch?

way better than the ps4 version. this is a consistent theme so far with a lot of ps4/switch games.
This shocked me,i saw that game on the eshop yesterday and surprised how I heard just nothing about coming to switch

Vinnk

Lol, nope. Maybe 50/50. Maybe.

Thanks. I guess I have only really been following the SRPGs.

I'd say it's higher now since these titles are actually having healthy sales on Switch.

If Penny-Punching Princess and Longest 5 Minutes sell decently I don't see why NIS wouldn't bring these titles.

Especially when their games are not selling well in Japan at all.

Where is the best place to pre-order Penny-Punching Princess and Longest 5 Minutes?

Top Bottom