• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America press event tonight [Disgaea D2, Time & Eternity, Guided Fate Paradox]

tyranid5

Neo Member
"People overseas really like the glamorous (voluptuous) style of girls, but people in Japan really like the skinny, small, kind of young girl style- you know, the very moe culture. *laughs*"
-Kay Hirono

That's a good way to end an interview lol.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Since fans abroad are really into things like first person shooters, we want them to understand that it's really different from those games. This title is a really happy and fun story so that is one of the things we want the fans to enjoy.

That seems like either a broad generalization or they are a bit confused about who their audience is going to be.

Clov

PSN only already was known, but I'm just glad it's coming out in the first place! I've waited way too long for it.

It would be pretty neat if they could make a limited physical edition like Gaijinworks did with CoH2, though I wouldn't count on it.

That seems like either a broad generalization or they are a bit confused about who their audience is going to be.

Since I was the one conducting it, it really did seem as though Kay is really worried about how the game is going to be perceived overseas since it wasn't all that particularly received all that well in Japan. Still going to purchase it, but I'm not expecting much tbh.

"People overseas really like the glamorous (voluptuous) style of girls, but people in Japan really like the skinny, small, kind of young girl style- you know, the very moe culture. *laughs*"
-Kay Hirono

NISA only allotted us around ten minutes per each guest so we kinda had to end the interviews abruptly. Glad to know the ending to Kay's interview worked ;).

Clov

I'm not expecting Time and Eternity to turn out very good either. I might get it for the novelty, though.

Jucksalbe

Banned
BlisteredThumbs also had an interview; according to what they heard from NISA, BRS has been completely done for a while and will release sometime before E3, and will also be PSN-only.

Is Black Rock Shooter supposed to be good? It looks nice, but it's been so long since they announced it, I hardly remember anything about this game.

Since I was the one conducting it, it really did seem as though Kay is really worried about how the game is going to be perceived overseas since it wasn't all that particularly received all that well in Japan. Still going to purchase it, but I'm not expecting much tbh.

Yeah, its reputation won't really help the game. I might get it cheap a few months later, if reviews won't completely trash it, say, if it's better than Last Rebellion (setting quite the low bar here).

Stark

Banned
Is Black Rock Shooter supposed to be good? It looks nice, but it's been so long since they announced it, I hardly remember anything about this game.

It's a decent game. I have some problems with how it fits in the "universe" due to other media already grounding a look that makes sense for its look in huke's art and then they do that. Then some voice acting choice issues, characters, etc. But that's more of a fan in me. Gameplay's not too bad.

-Kay Hirono

Good man. Moe culture and young girl style is best.

Durante

Since there seem to be a few people who have some regular contact with NISA in this thread, could anyone ask them why the Disgaeas are not up on PSN? I would have purchased Disgaea 4 for full price already on 2 separate occasions if I could have instant gratification ;)

Jucksalbe

Banned
It's a decent game. I have some problems with how it fits in the "universe" due to other media already grounding a look that makes sense for its look in huke's art and then they do that. Then some voice acting choice issues, characters, etc. But that's more of a fan in me. Gameplay's not too bad.

So most of your issues is stuff that won't bother me because I've never seen/read anything of this series?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Black Rock Shooter is an alright game but if it didn't come with that White Rock Shooter figure I would have felt a little disappointed in my purchase.

Stark

Banned
So most of your issues is stuff that won't bother me because I've never seen/read anything of this series?

Not really a series, but yeah. That's the gist of my impressions. It's nothing amazing though and it is imageepoch, iirc.

Black Rock Shooter is an alright game but if it didn't come with that White Rock Shooter figure I would have felt a little disappointed in my purchase.

Wanted that so much. :(

Clov

The only Imageepoch game I've actually played is Fate/Extra, which I really enjoyed. Would you say that BRS is better or worse than it? Just curious.

Since there seem to be a few people who have some regular contact with NISA in this thread, could anyone ask them why the Disgaeas are not up on PSN? I would have purchased Disgaea 4 for full price already on 2 separate occasions if I could have instant gratification ;)

I'll bring it up next time I get in touch with their PR department.

AniHawk

japan has to do the work first. if the market isn't that big for psn games in japan, they might not bother.

So I just pre-ordered all three of these.
Also, Amazon has The Witch and the Hundred Knights slated for release in a couple of weeks. Is this accurate? Scratch that. Witch and the Hundred Knights is March 2014 rather.

Ravage

As I promised earlier last week, here are the links to our interviews:

-Sohei Niikawa (NIS America President): http://www.t-ono.net/interview/Sohei-Niikawa-Interview.html

-Kay Hirono (Time and Eternity Producer):http://www.t-ono.net/interview/Kay-Hirono-Interview-NIS-America-Reunion-Press-Event-2013.html

Interesting interview, rather short though.

edit:

NISA only allotted us around ten minutes per each guest so we kinda had to end the interviews abruptly. Glad to know the ending to Kay's interview worked ;).

Didn't see this :p

Walter Matthau

Gold Member

Agreed. It'd also be nice if they could do a complete bundle for Disgaea 4.

I mean because everyone says it's a terrible game.

I feel shallow and superficial. :(

Hey, I'm walking headlong into the spinning blades.
If my man RyougaSaotome had to play it for a review, the least I can do is play it as a show of support.
I plan on live-streaming my exploits.
His review of the game has absolved most hopes of me fully enjoying the experience, but hey, who knows...I might like it still.

So I just pre-ordered all three of these.
Also, Amazon has The Witch and the Hundred Knights slated for release in a couple of weeks. Is this accurate? Scratch that. Witch and the Hundred Knights is March 2014 rather.

Huh, these are up on Amazon. Is the date for D2 right, 10/8?

Top Bottom