• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA: Bleach PS3 Game has Dual Audio + Bonus Anime Episodes

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
That sounds great actually. It will get me to use characters that I would have avoided. 27 is just enough variety for replayability too. I can't wait!

The Story Mode thing isn't what I have an issue with. I'm used to that.

The Mission Mode restrictions are what I don't like. Seems like an arbitrary way to increase difficulty in the absence of competent AI.

survivor

Banned
I think I will order from NISA Store more often, they delivered the game today, so much earlier than Aug 2.
Shit that was fast. I wonder if I should order Disgaea 4 from their store. But I think shipping to Canada will negate the difference.

Post impressions when you get time to play.

Toki767

I was really looking forward to this game but now I may have to wait for a price drop. I'm trying to decide between this and DWG3.

Takao

Banned
MidnightScott said:
With BLEACH being a hot property in the US, you would think Sony would've released the games they made for it themselves? :S

Bleach isn't really that popular, and SCEA stopped localizing licensed games ages ago.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah. Bleach used to be Adult Swim's top-rated show on Saturdays. Now it's regularly beaten out by Family Guy and King of the Hill reruns.

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah. Bleach used to be Adult Swim's top-rated show on Saturdays. Now it's regularly beaten out by Family Guy and King of the Hill reruns.
As someone who watches anime via AS, Bleach has gone to crap, so I can see why.

I'm more sad about Family Guy winning the ratings over FMAB.

Takao

Banned
Slamtastic said:
As someone who watches anime via AS, Bleach has gone to crap, so I can see why.

I'm more sad about Family Guy winning the ratings over FMAB.

Which reminds me, where are the FMAB games Scamco? They even announced a localization for one of the PSP games to be released in Europe, but that vanished.

Funimation's kind of dropping the ball on their TV series. They've let Kai (which is the highest rated anime series on TV right now) go without any merchandise outside of games that Scamco doesn't market, their DVDs, and Viz's old manga.

dragonflys545 said:

Where was this guy to review Raging Blast 2?

Takao said:
Bleach isn't really that popular, and SCEA stopped localizing licensed games ages ago.

What? If we go by manga sales in the US...then Bleach is the second most popular manga property at least in 2010. You are not giving just credit to my most cherished series.

What? If we go by manga sales in the US...then Bleach is the second most popular manga property at least in 2010. You are not giving just credit to my most cherished series.
yeah well people prefer reading > video game.

Takao

Banned

Okay, but the anime doesn't sell very well, nor does it do very well in the ratings game.

Takao said:
Okay, but the anime doesn't sell very well, nor does it do very well in the ratings game.

Ratings arent everything, how well is other anime selling, digital download sales of episodes? To an extent it has to be doing well if they keep licensing episodes, the third movie, and thought of enough presence in the market to bring a game to America.

Takao

Banned
Ratings arent everything, how well is other anime selling, digital download sales of episodes? To an extent it has to be doing well if they keep licensing episodes, the third movie, and thought of enough presence in the market to bring a game to America.

Viz sees the anime as a commercial for the manga (which is what it is) as long as that does well, they'll continue dubbing the anime. NISA kind of stuck their head out here, given not even SEGA touches Bleach games anymore.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Takao said:
Viz sees the anime as a commercial for the manga (which is what it is) as long as that does well, they'll continue dubbing the anime. NISA kind of stuck their head out here, given not even SEGA touches Bleach games anymore.

Exactly. It's pretty telling when Sega, who publishes all sorts of garbage these days, won't bring Versus Crusade or Flame Bringer to the US.

Plus you have to look at the fact that manga sales declined 17% in 2008, 20% in 2009, and a further 20% in 2010. The entire market is on a decline, and that includes Bleach.

Wow I am impressed the game is mad fun and quite challenging even on normal. Mission Mode is a blast especially with the constantly moving enemy bosses. The game has so much flash that I just love using all the moves in the characters arsenal and being shocked. Ive only played as Ichigo and Uryu so far but both are a blast. Uryus Seeleschneider and even just his regular attack are so powerful. Ignition moves are epic! One Getsuga Tenshou eliminated a Menos!

The only thing the game could probably use is some CyberConnect2 level of story telling but otherwise, Im going to be hooked to this game a good long time as well as trying to get the platinum.

Getting S rank in a mission is tough.

I really want this game but don't have the money for it right away. I honestly didn't even know they were making a Bleach game until very recently.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
NISA does what Atlus does not. Catherine should have been dual audio as well. No excuses. Don't care if it was Atlus HQ wo made the call. Stupid call.

Seraphis Cain said:

Yeah because they moved Bleach down to like 2 am. Who the hell waits up to watch a "new" episode of Bleach dubbed when you can just watch it online anyways? I watch the Japanese with the English subtitles(only way to watch imo).

I need to get my e-hands on a character roster for this game. Anyone know if I will be able to ball it up with the Visoreds?
tumblr_ljym9wmQFH1qj6n5lo1_500.gif

No Nel? Ugh. Game looks fun, but no Nel really kills my enthusiasm, especially when chumps like Nnoi and some random movie dude get in.

Here's a roster list I found lava

Baraggan Luisenbarn
Byakuya Kuchiki
Coyote Starrk
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
Ichigo Kurosaki (Normal)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Skull-Clad, from Movie 4)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Hollowfied)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Final Tensa Zangetsu Bankai Form)
Ichimaru Gin
Kenpachi Zaraki
Kokuto (the Bleach Movie 4 villain, also in the demo)
Nnoitra Gilga
Rukia Kuchiki
Sosuke Aizen
Soi Fon
Shunsui Kyoraku
Tia Harribel
Toshiro Hitsuguya
Ulquiorra Cifer
Uryu Ishida
Yoruichi Shihoin

Master Milk said:
Here's a roster list I found lava
Thank you kindly. That's a pretty shocking lineup. Was really expecting more fan favorites.
Do Ichigo's other forms count as individual characters?

Kintaro said:
NISA does what Atlus does not. Catherine should have been dual audio as well. No excuses. Don't care if it was Atlus HQ wo made the call. Stupid call.

Wtf you serious... There goes my interest for that game.

Wow, this game is too amazing. I just did the Ichigo v Grimmjow fight. I love the battle system with flash step and dodging and the bosses proving to actually be difficult and require skill.

Amazon says mine is shipping soon, so I may have it by tomorrow! Really want to dig into it, looks great.

The roster list is an odd beast. Some make me go "Oh wow, that person is in it? Sweet!". But on the other hand, there are some missing that make me say the opposite. I mean, not my favorite group of characters, but how do you not have Chad, Orihime, or Renji as playable characters? Those are base for Bleach games. Urahara and Tosen would have been cool as well, but that would just be greedy!

And considering the story arc the game follows, one would have thought as Master Milk said previously, where is Nel?

Dedication Through Light, any more impressions?

Well I finished the story mode and nearly half of the missions. Story mode is short and mainly told through a narration (seems to be the narrator from the anime). The plot goes at a fast pace and oddly skips quite a few fights, so I think the roster was really based around the Arrancar they wanted to focus on, about 14 episodes ~6hrs. I wish there were some animu cutscenes however, the cutscenes that were there were good (that final fight). The in game talk between the characters was a nice touch. Most levels are brief ~5min.

Youruichi is pretty awesome (blazing fast kicks), Byakuya too with senbonzakura always released. Ichigo's forms are also nice (Final Getsugatenshou form was powerful). Uryu is oddly powerful as well as Rukia. Although some other favorites arent on the roster, the characters there are fun. I like how characters have multiple attacks and that there are different ones when they are in the air.

Now Im just chipping away at the (>25) missions and collecting the trophies. Getting the highest rank (S) is kind of baffling to me. Some missions feel kind of cheap (one versus two bosses, no Ignition...), but I think all can be overcome by just leveling the characters up. I like the leveling system since at some point it forces me to have to switch to another character since it locks out part of the leveling system until some characters reach a certain level.

Its a pretty good game, makes me hope for what they do for another entry or if they try a fullblown fighter for the series on ps3.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

How long would you estimate it would take to get platinum?

Really interested in picking this up tomorrow, not interested in spending 100 hours to platinum it like I am right now with DWG3.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
darkside31337 said:
How long would you estimate it would take to get platinum?

Really interested in picking this up tomorrow, not interested in spending 100 hours to platinum it like I am right now with DWG3.

NISA themselves estimate the game to take 100-200 hours to platinum. It's a long one, without a doubt.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seraphis Cain said:
NISA themselves estimate the game to take 100-200 hours to platinum. It's a long one, without a doubt.

Not what I wanted to hear at all :(.

Think I'll hold off on the game but I'm worried this is one of those NISA games that are impossible to find on Amazon or at GS a week after launch as was the case with Neptunia and Ar Tonelico.

dragonflys545 said:
Wtf you serious... There goes my interest for that game.

So it doesn't matter that the voice acting is great and especially that the characters are actually supposed to be American? On top of the game itself being excellent? Your loss...

NateDrake

How far into the series does the game go? Does it finish the
Aizen arc? I assume yes because of the FG Ichigo.

My copy from Amazon arrived yesterday and Im really enjoying it, although my time with it was brief. Got to get through the first 3 chapters, which gave me Ichigo twice and Uryu once. Both are very different, but equally as fun to play. I was oddly surprised by how much of a boss Uryu is. Doing flashsteps around the level taking out enemies left and right, and then hitting your special to clean the other half up makes the Bleach fan/nerd inside me all warm and fuzzy. lol

Will be playing more tonight, unlocked Rukia, Zaraki, and Grimmjow just before I had to quit, looking forward to trying more of the fighters out and leveling them up.

Unlocking is kind of addictive and pretty fast too thanks to Mission 7 I believe (and Ichigos aerial O move, perfect for boosting that combo meter). He is at level 40 or so for me now and I switched to playing as Kakuto (perfect for combos) and now back to either Rukia or Grimmjow since they need levels to unlock more spots on the board.

a1m

Banned
I don't understand you peeps who use dubs, no matter how "good" they might be, they are still nothing compared to the original.

Oh and I'll probably get this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
a1m said:
I don't understand you peeps who use dubs, no matter how "good" they might be, they are still nothing compared to the original.

Oh and I'll probably get this.

Let me ask: would the same apply to something made in English, then dubbed in Japanese? Would the English version still be superior?

Seraphis Cain said:
Let me ask: would the same apply to something made in English, then dubbed in Japanese? Would the English version still be superior?
No because everything from glorious Nippon is better.

Top Bottom