• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA to launch European Online Store

Lain

This was a great news to wake up to. Maybe now I can finally start getting some of those LE from NISA without having to pay too much taxes and shipping fees.

The other side to this coin just came through earlier, which is that NISA's US store won't be shipping anything to PAL areas any more. Which sucks immensely if you're like me and live in one of those regions but made a choice ages ago to primarily buy US-region releases for both movies and games. I've basically been primarily importing stuff since the early 2000s, because the selection and service locally was (and often still is) crap, and I'm heavily invested down that region. Sucks to be cut out.

MrBS

The other side to this coin just came through earlier, which is that NISA's US store won't be shipping anything to PAL areas any more. Which sucks immensely if you're like me and live in one of those regions but made a choice ages ago to primarily buy US-region releases for both movies and games.
Yep it sucks. Looks like my mail forwarder is going to be getting more business from me ;) At least preorders are still being honoured through to July 1 so I got my orders in for Natural Doctrine & Fairy Fencer F.

NISA seem to a good job of looking after the European niche (they are like the old Atlus USA of "it will go out of print and climb in price" unlike the current Atlus USA of "heres another eShoppe sales, except you Europe you suck"). I wonder if this move is because too many LE are held up in customs (never a nice thing), get damaged due to shipping a long way or opportunity for growth.

So, what's the damage shipping from the EU to the UK? Versus something like lik-sa... er, play-asia.com?
No tax surprises as these are included in the price and should arrive sooner with cheaper shipping. It may initially seem more expensive but remember, no tax surprises (such as that horrendous £8 Royal Mail handling fee).

meppi

good news

Jennifer-Lawrence-Oh-Yeah-Gesture-.gif

Sorry to go off topic, but what is happening in this gif?
Everyone else seems to be shocked/disgusted besides the girl...

Zareka

I just read on their US site that they take pre-authorisation charges for preorders. I hope that won't apply to their EU site
(it will)
, I'll have the money for the LE when it comes out but not right now. :(

Zareka

Store is open now, guys! Disgaea 4, Fairy Fencer F and Danganronpa 2 up for preorder with Persona Q coming soon.

Those prices are rather sickening to be honest. Danganronpa 2 is £59.99 with £4.99 shipping on top, whereas on the NISA store it's $59.99 (£35). Even with the ridiculously expensive FedEx postage they used to use it still would work out cheaper directly from the US store, except now they don't ship to Europe so there is no choice.

I take back everything nice I said earlier about NISA, definitely not pre-ordering anything from their store with such horrible price gouging.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
69.99£ + 14.99£ = 84.98£

That's like 130 CHF for me ( ~145 USD ).

Those prices are rather sickening to be honest. Danganronpa 2 is £59.99 with £4.99 shipping on top, whereas on the NISA store it's $59.99 (£35). Even with the ridiculously expensive FedEx postage they used to use it still would work out cheaper directly from the US store, except now they don't ship to Europe so there is no choice.

I take back everything nice I said earlier about NISA, definitely not pre-ordering anything from their store with such horrible price gouging.

Wait, is this true ? Fuck you NISA.

Andrefpvs

Holy crap, ridiculous prices. With the exchange rate ordering from the US store was cheaper!

Hype deflated. No Persona cards for me, I guess :'(

wrowa

Welp. I expected the usual $ = € pricing, but what we are actually getting is far worse... For a moment I hoped it would at least include shipping (to non-UK countries), but that's not the case either. I guess I'm only going to buy the Persona Q LE, since I really want that one, but I'm not interested enough in Danganronpa 2 to pay 90€ for its LE. Still, nice that they are offering this in the first place, even though it doesn't seem to be much of an improvement.

On the bright side, PersonaQ is going to be released on November 28th apparently.

FireSol

Firstly I was happy, then I saw the prices and my happiness disappeared, but then I found that there is no Russia in a country list and now I'm sad...WTF???

Shizuka

Just an advice, you guys should voice your concerns regarding the prices and shipping by sending NIS Europe an email, showing how it was way cheaper to buy before and that the conversion rate is nuts.

Zareka

With the price Fairy Fencer F has that should AT LEAST include shipping!

Just an advice, you guys should voice your concerns regarding the prices and shipping by sending NIS Europe an email, showing how it was way cheaper to buy before and that the conversion rate is nuts.

I was about to post on their Facebook page but this sounds like a better idea. Where can I find/what's their email?

Vanethyr

Part of me wants to put all my pre-orders down in-case they drop the price and run out of stock (can always cancel if I decide against it, but y'know, peace of mind and all that). Never have been able to buy from NISA in the past because my bank always declined payments to them (despite me calling up and authorising them), and they seem to be doing the same thing with the EU store.

Guess I'll kill two birds with one stone and just wait and see what happens with both their prices and my bank.

Phamit

prices are not very good, Danganronpa LE would cost me about 87 €, with the US store it would cost me about 53 €....

Zareka

Sent them an email, no idea if we can change anything but it's worth a try. My attitude towards this store took a total 180 after seeing those prices. :(

Cheeky

This is just awful, i never asked for this shit. Good thing i got my FFF preorder in on the US store because with these prices i doubt i will preorders again from them.

Those shipping prices.

UK->NL shouldn't be 15 GBP.

Its normally 15 USD shipping from US to NL. What the fuck is up with these prices man.

Vanethyr

This is just awful, i never asked for this shit. Good thing i got my FFF preorder in on the US store because with these prices i doubt i will preorders again from them.

Think they'll still honour it if the pre-order was placed before they announced they wouldn't be shipping to the EU anymore?

This blows... I won't continue to support them if they stick with these prices.
I tried to contact them on Twitter and I'll also send them a mail.

Top Bottom