• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA to launch European Online Store

Zareka

Also, what's with the authorisation charge and why does it take so long for them to refund? I know it's on their US store too but checking you have the money for a game that won't come out for another 6 months seems a bit nonsensical to me.

What the actual... I was at first happy about getting a EU store but these prices, closing off the US store and the barely existing inventory in the EU store, what's the hell? Where are the posters and others merchandise, how are people supposed to get that now? If they treat the EU like this they might aswell not bother at all, sorry I'm bitter...

Cheeky

This is really good news. Awesome.

You should read further then the first post. 80% increase in pricing is never good news.

What the actual... I was at first happy about getting a EU store but these prices, closing off the US store and the barely existing inventory in the EU store, what's the hell? Where are the posters and others merchandise, how are people supposed to get that now? If they treat the EU like this they might aswell not bother at all, sorry I'm bitter...

You have every right to be. I know i am, i have been a loyal customer ever since the start of the PS3 and i just feel shafted now.

Wow these prices NISA I know your only starting the store off but seriously $1=£1 is a messed up conversion rate and then there's the additional postage charge =/

WHAT? That's insane!

Honestly it is... I remember sending a friend a graphics card from Germany to Spain and I paid about 4€ for shipping and it wasn't a light package at all.

You have every right to be. I know i am, i have been a loyal customer ever since the start of the PS3 and i just feel shafted now.

Well I admit I didn't order too much from them as, as much as I liked these Limited Editions I never felt like buying them which I now regret but I ordered a few posters and such and I was dead-set on buying a giclee of them when I one day have my own house but I what's even worse, I have friends who order regularly from them and they will be devastated about all this.

NISA is usually pretty good about customer interaction aren't they? Is there anyway we can complain civilized?

Coxy

yikes, I own nearly every LE NISA has ever made but if they're going to charge ridiculous prices like that then that's at an end

Andrefpvs

OIwU2gx.png

Fuck

That

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Would have been cool to get some NISA Limited Editions but at those prices they can keep them. Insane prices and shipping costs. You can get half a game for £15.

There are a couple of gameshops that send games and other items from the UK to NL with absolutely no shipping fees. Others only have free shipping if you pass a certain price and and the remaining generally ask like an additional €5 at most.

But £15? Fuck off NISA, that's a total rip-off. The costs of shipping those games does not even come close to £15.

Wow I didn't even know about free EU shipping, that makes it even more ridiculous. I really hope something clears up about this all in the coming days.

Zareka

Mobile version of the page says 69 pounds but the desktop version lists no price.

OIwU2gx.png

Christ almighty. I'm a rabbid Persona fan that'll eat just about anything up but SEVENTY FIVE pounds for the game? Really difficult to justify, and it'll be even more expensive outside of the UK!

Ingram

As an Australian with region locking to consider. It would literially be cheaper for me to get the LE of PQ from Amazon, buy the standard version locally from EB and throw away the LE cart and use the locally bought one.

Stider

Wow, what a way to NOT get people to buy these items. Let's take the Fairy Fencer F LE for example. Can't remember exact cost for shipping from US to Australia, but allowing USD $35 makes it a total USD $110 which comes to AUD $116. Now the cost from the European store is AUD $162.50. That is a substantial jump in pricing and will most likely stop me from purchasing any more LE's from NISA.

Prices are pretty steep but hell I want the Danganronpa and PersonaQ ones. Pre-ordered Danganronpa 2 just now and will do the same for PQ on the 14th.

15 pounds for shipping to mainland Europe (UK -> NL in my case) is pretty ridiculous though. That's some serious price-gouging.

Stider

I wonder if the knew they would get a negative reaction from everyone and is that the reason why the store didn't open during their live support open hours?

50£/62.3€ + 15£/19€ for Danganronpa 2 LE + shipment to Italy = 81€... seriously? No way, I'm sticking to the Standard Ed. via Amazon.

Lain

I thought NISA was opening an European Online Store, not an UK Online Store. Also those prices are... I mean, I have heard that taking it up the ass can feel good, but I don't think going in raw with no lube is the right way to do it.

Questionable jokes asides, I hope they change those prices, because as they are, even if I'm glad they opened an European store I can't justify buying there.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sorry to go off topic, but what is happening in this gif?
Everyone else seems to be shocked/disgusted besides the girl...

I don't remember exactly how it went, but it was a sexual joke of some kind during the Academy Awards. Everyone in that shot was acting.

Cheeky

I am just gonna assume this was done by an American intern who has no idea how currencies works.

I've ordered all my limited edition collector Disgaea sets from NISA with no problems, and with the exchange rate at the time the most expensive including postage was £80.

The pricing is ridiculous I hope its just a place holder.

They announced it officially, so no its not. The store is useable already as well, so that excuse doesnt really work anymore.
https://www.facebook.com/nisaeurope?ref=ts

I've ordered all my limited edition collector Disgaea sets from NISA with no problems, and with the exchange rate at the time the most expensive including postage was £80.

The pricing is ridiculous I hope its just a place holder.

m0t0k1

15 quid for shipping!!!?!!?! and those prices i seriously hope these are place holders. Its almost cheaper to get an US 2ds on sale+persona Q then get this special edition almost.

Fun fact:

If this store sold their anime titles and used this pricing scheme then the Cardcaptor Sakura BD set would cost, at the minimum, £200.

Two. Hundred. Pounds.

Andrefpvs

The difference in tone between the first posts in this thread and the latest ones is noteworthy.

Totally justified too, those prices are irrational.

£75 for Fairy Fencer F LE including shipping? Not sure if serious. Pretty certain it cost me less to import LEs from the American store. If this is genuinely how things're going to be priced I'll stick to buying standard versions off Amazon or something.

klee123

As a Aussie who has bought games from the NISA store for years now. I hate to say it but they've lost a customer.

I rarely buy PAL stuff at all and this move means that my only choice of buying the US LEs from them is via ebay at stupidly inflated prices. It doesn't help that their Euro prices are also complete BS.

Cheeky

And i found another reason this annoys me

spines.jpg

PAL spines suck ass. This annoys me more then it should. Guess i will be ordering more from VGP if this doesnt get reverted.

Stider

Is it just me or or has the store website gone down? Maybe it was an error and they are trying to correct it?

So for example the disgaea 4 LE is 170% more expensive plus insane shipping price. I guess the only people will benefict from this are the ebay thiefs, not the fans or NISA.

Other

It'd be cheaper to pay a middleman's fees to get it from the US store and send it to you than to pay these insane prices.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think they overestimated people's willingness to pay premium prices for niche, special edition products.

The shipping might make sense if it's a courier service like UPS/DHL, but there's no need for that. Regular post is fast enough, and you can have it registered and insured at much less than that.

Top Bottom