• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nitroplus music producer stabbed to death in Osaka

duckroll

Nitroplus Music Producer stabbed to death: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=451019

News article: http://jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2012061000149

According to Mainichi News, Minamino Shingo, the music producer of Nitro+, was killed by a random slasher in Osaka. A 36 year old jobless man was arrested for killing Minamino and a woman. The killer deposed to the police that he was not acquainted with the victims. Minamino was attacked on the way to a live concert of Nitro+’s music label. The killer stabbed Minamino 20 - 30 times in the middle of the busy street in Osaka and attacked an elderly woman riding a bicycle nearby. He returned to Minamino, who fell on the street, and stabbed Minamino again straddling him.

Osaka, June 10 (Jiji Press) -- A man was arrested in Osaka, western Japan, Sunday over an apparent indiscriminate stabbing that killed two people.
The suspect, identified as Kyozo Isohi, 36, told investigators that he is not acquainted with the victims, according to the Osaka prefectural police department.
Isohi also told investigators that he thought he would kill anyone no matter who they are, according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The incident happened in the busy Higashishinsaibashi district at around 1 p.m. (4 a.m. GMT) when the two victims, a man and a woman, were sent to hospital after being stabbed several times, according to the police department.
The male victim is apparently Shingo Minamino, a 42-year-old resident of Higashikurume, Tokyo, according to the driver's license. The female victim is in her 60s.

Nitroplus is a Japanese developer specializing in Visual Novels, adult games, and scenario work with other companies. They are probably best known for their involvement in the Steins;Gate game series.

duckroll

Don't know the man but it's still fucked up. What was the motive?

"The suspect, identified as Kyozo Isohi, 36, told investigators that he is not acquainted with the victims, according to the Osaka prefectural police department.
Isohi also told investigators that he thought he would kill anyone no matter who they are, according to sources familiar with the investigation."

Seems it was just a crazy dude. Could have been anyone really. He was just unlucky that he ran into the guy while heading to the concert. Crazy world we live in! :(

soultron

Banned
Don't know the guy at all, but that's terrible. It's even worse because he was, from what it sounds like in the report, on his way to a concert that was featuring his own work. :c

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, man... And such a talented individual...

I don't even know what to say. This is horrible.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Very tragic. My condolences to his family and colleagues.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too bad. Fuck a Steins;Gate but Chaos Head and Vampirdzhija Vjedogonia had music I liked. Poor Sonico.

UrbanRats

Yeah, fucked up stuff.
It seems like most of the homicides i read about, from Japan, are actually from people going nuts and stabbing random pedestrians.
Probably just selective memory though.

Anyway, condolences to the victims' families/friends.

Thats so cruel, poor people :(

Thats what im most afraid of. Persons who go out the street and just kill people because hey why not. Those are really terrifying.

mujun

Holy shit. I was 50 metres away from where that happened in a restaurant today. When I left the restaurant there were a heap of police in the street, I wondered what had happened. Crazy.

duckroll

Holy shit. I was 50 metres away from where that happened in a restaurant today. When I left the restaurant there were a heap of police in the street, I wondered what had happened. Crazy.

Man, that's fucked up. Glad you're okay. These unpredictable things are the worst. :(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That's so horrible, and what's worse is how random it was. My heart goes out to his family. :(

mujun

Man, that's fucked up. Glad you're okay. These unpredictable things are the worst. :(

Thanks. Definitely screwed up stuff. Homeless people here seem harmless for the most part, they don't ask for change or bother you at all but when someone snaps in Japan it's usually this type of messed up situation.

That was nuts. There were helicopters flying around outside my window all afternoon and we're like, "What the hell is going on?"

Come to find out it was this. First time I've heard about this kinda thin happening so close to me. Since the guy was just looking to stab ANYONE it really made me realize that I'd be screwed if in that situation. How the hell do you protect yourself if the assailant is coming from behind?

Most of these public stabbings always occur due to some guy just wanting to stab "someone, anyone".

apana

Thats so cruel, poor people :(

Thats what im most afraid of. Persons who go out the street and just kill people because hey why not. Those are really terrifying.

Yeah I hate it. There is an extremely low chance of anything like that happening but still.

That was nuts. There were helicopters flying around outside my window all afternoon and we're like, "What the hell is going on?"

Come to find out it was this. First time I've heard about this kinda thin happening so close to me. Since the guy was just looking to stab ANYONE it really made me realize that I'd be screwed if in that situation. How the hell do you protect yourself if the assailant is coming from behind?

Most of these public stabbings always occur due to some guy just wanting to stab "someone, anyone".

No they don't, this is very rare. Maybe it is different in Japan though.

Gameboy415

That's scary. I used to live in Osaka myself and I walked through that area daily.

It's a terrible shame that two innocent people had to die because of some crazy idiot's actions. RIP.

This is heard about quite too often in Japan. Random people go crazy and kill innocent bystanders...:/

Makes me wonder if I ever went there would I be killed in a random stabbing. I guess that would happen in the US, but there is usually always some kind of motive. It said he was unemployed, that really messes with people's heads.

gryz

Banned
This is heard about quite too often in Japan. Random people go crazy and kill innocent bystanders...:/

Makes me wonder if I ever went there would I be killed in a random stabbing. I guess that would happen in the US, but there is usually always some kind of motive. It said he was unemployed, that really messes with people's heads.

it's not that its common, its just that japan has pretty much no crime at all except for the occasional insane person so when something happens it's something crazy. japan is probably the safest country in the world to be in.

(although the rigid conformist society may be what causes some of these people to go over the edge)

Jomjom

Banned

It's not common at all. It's just that crime, especially homicide, is so rare in Japan that when there is finally one incident it's all over the news and brought to the forefront. It's not like here in the US where crime is so rampant that people are almost desensitized to it. I mean try to watch the news and you'll be lucky if you see a newscast where the first five stories aren't murders or missing persons or police chases.

Seriously awful. Talented guy with a very talented company at producing music (Saya no Uta's OST was chilling as fuck), but that wouldn't make it any less tragic even if he wasn't.

R.I.P.

So I think my friend saw this happen. He put up a post online last night about how he was out at a bar and somebody got murdered near him. He is currently on JET teaching in Osaka teaching.

mujun

So I think my friend saw this happen. He put up a post online last night about how he was out at a bar and somebody got murdered near him. He is currently on JET teaching in Osaka teaching.

Ouch. Hope he is okay. Not something you want to see.

-Stranger-

Terrible some people are just sick in the head.
R.I.P. to both of the victims.

Apparently people were standing around filming him getting stabbed to death on their Iphones :(

Only about a 20 minute walk from my apartment...

As for "why", the killer told the police he wanted to commit suicide but couldn't go through with it, so he figured if he went out and killed some people, he would get the death penalty for sure.

What a piece of shit.

Top Bottom