• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Stabs Her 17 Year Old Son To Death Because He Was Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Jeez...
I wasn't trying to be edgy on purpose. Just formulated the words that immediately came to mind while reading this story. I know humanity has achieved amazing things and I didn't want to condemn all of us, because of these kind of people. I only feel we get to read more and more of terrible shit by the day, which worries me. Sorry.
😔

You read so much of this every day not because horrible things happen with alarming frequency but because now, thanks to the internet, you can hear about literally every extreme, horrible thing that happens.

MartyStu

There really is nothing to say.

I am however pretty disturbed by how angry this seemed to make her. Where does this hate come from? And for your own son?

HardRojo

When hate can go as far as making a mother stab her own son to death over something like this, you know we are still far behind a more inclusive world. Unbelievable...

How does your son being gay define you so much that you want to kill him, ruin your life, ruin your husbands life, basically erase anything you've done in your life and just label yourself a murderer and rot in jail or get a death sentence. What? All because your son likes men more than women sexually. How does it matter to you THAT MUCH? It's fucking insanity.

RocknRola

Here I was assuming that Brazil was really pro-LGBT.

Just goes to show that a lot of progress is still to be made throughout the world. Poor kid, RIP.

From my limited knowledge it's hit or miss. It depends on where exactly they may live I guess.

parents killing their own child is the worst.
always makes me sad
and this is even more ridiculous because it was done because of an insignificance

Why does a comment on Fox News say he was a Neogaf member?

Because they're trolling, is the most likely answer. Sometimes when videos and such get posted on neogaf you can find comments with people bitching about the mods or calling the forum and its users names.

Costa Kid

The comments in that article contain such a lack of intelligence, empathy and humanity. There are no conservatives in that comment section. Conservatism is a political viewpoint. Being anti-LGBT and pro-murder is mental illness.

I can't believe people are so narrow minded as to be so anti-LGBT. I could never ever understand such a way of life.

The comment feed made me sad, absolutely disgusting. I've never seen anything like that before. I'm from the UK and I don't tend to see those kind of comments.

There are very similar articles like this on the dailymail and the sun in the UK but the comment feeds are very respectful, even if the community is traditionally pretty trashy.

Is this honestly a difference in culture? In Europe I've never seen these attitudes, I'm sure that some people do hold them, but to see it represented openly like that on the foxnews comment feed is just really shocking.

Horrifying, but this is actually pretty much why I don't want my parents to know I'm gay. The fear of something like this happening to me outweighs whatever possible hope I could have that they would accept me.

This is precisely why we need the Death Penalty.

Because there are people in this world who truly deserve to die and these people are perfect candidates.

This is precisely why we need the Death Penalty.

Because there are people in this world who truly deserve to die and these people are perfect candidates.

while it's horrible like hell, what this person did
this is not even close to the worst people living and doing shit on this planet

Horrifying, but this is actually pretty much why I don't want my parents to know I'm gay. The fear of something like this happening to me outweighs whatever possible hope I could have that they would accept me.

Ive struggled with the possibility of my parents essentially disowning me if I came out to them, but I couldn't imagine fearing for my life. I'm sorry :(

bengraven

Horrifying. Years ago I knew a Brazilian Catholic woman who said that she loved her son more than life itself. That she would take a bullet for him even if it were him pointing th gun at her. But if he told her he was gay she would cut him off completely and could not love him anymore. God comes first, even before your children.

This was at a call center job back in 1998 and in The Twin Cities but when I saw that title I thought about her.
I think about that a lot anyway but now especially. Sweetest woman alive 95% of the time I remember.

I've purposely ignored this thread because of how fucking angry the title makes me.

T

kswiston

As a parent, I cannot comprehend how you could do this to your own child.

Agreed.

Based on their ages, the mother had him at 15. Maybe this is a case of the grandparents doing some or most of the raising. Even then though, I have no clue what would drive a mother to do that. I suppose mental illness and/or religious fanaticism.

kmfdmpig

Here I was assuming that Brazil was really pro-LGBT.

Just goes to show that a lot of progress is still to be made throughout the world. Poor kid, RIP.

Terrible things happen in all countries and are hardly representative of most people living in those countries.

The US in general is anti-kidnapping, but it still happens. I think it's quite a stretch to judge Brazil based on the actions of an awful mother, her awful husband and two awful thugs she hired.

while it's horrible like hell, what this person did
this is not even close to the worst people living and doing shit on this planet

What is worse than being ambushed, beaten, stabbed to death and having your body burned in a field, at the behest of your own mother, all because you were gay?

There's no need to compare and contrast the heinousness of other crimes in the world to this one.

This crime was in itself appalling beyond all comprehension.

Matty77

The comments in that article contain such a lack of intelligence, empathy and humanity. There are no conservatives in that comment section. Conservatism is a political viewpoint. Being anti-LGBT and pro-murder is mental illness.

I can't believe people are so narrow minded as to be so anti-LGBT. I could never ever understand such a way of life.
Have you looked at the Republican platform, policy, and mission statements lately? It's a political view that thrives on non-intelligent anti-intellectualism, and a distinct lack of empathy and humanity and their continuing effort to legislate against LGBT causes and community is part and parcel of their beliefs and has a lot to do with why they are the party of bigotry.

And no, homophobia is a choice not a mental illness it cannot be fixed with therapy or medication and calling it one is very disrespectful to those who have mental illnesses which is something no one chooses and is stigmatized enough as it is already without calling hateful and disgusting philosophies that people choose a mental illness.

Audioboxer

Absolutely tragic. Imagine being a parent and doing this to your kid. Horrifying.

Gaycation showed me how bad things can be in Brazil.

scamander

Banned
What terrible news. How can a mother do something like that to her own son? That's something I really can't comprehend. Even just imagining the fear the kid must have felt as his own mother was murdering him, is tearing me up and breaking my heart. Some people just don't deserve to get children.

Rest in peace my friend. I'll light up a candle for you tonight. :'(

Ryuuroden

OMFG...I actually started reading the user comments for the story I just posted above.

The VAST MAJORITY of comments are in favor of the mother killing her son for being gay....WTF is wrong with people?

Humanity needs to be culled by God if there is one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The most disturbing part about this story is that it wasn't the first instance of this, nor will it be the last.

Trojan X

Banned
Wow, no words. Lock her up and the rest of the people in on this. Throw away the key, never see the light of day.
Don't be surprised that she will be killed like those drug cartels for her evil crime. Taken to the middle of the forest and decapitated. .. don't wanna think about it.

Manu

So your son being gay is a no-no, but killing him yourself with your own hands isn't.

Religious people really can be fucked in the head sometimes.

I hope it was worth it. All that hate, all the regret, all the prison time, was it really worth it for your outdated and idiotic beliefs?

Lock her up and throw away the key. Or at least make her understand why she should never see the light of day again.

Because she's doing God's work, then anything goes.
God does NOT approve of this. No one can kill anyone and say that he or she was doing God's work unless God said it himself. In which case he hasn't recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom