• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Stabs Her 17 Year Old Son To Death Because He Was Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Report: Mother Stabbed Her Teenage Son To Death Because He Was Gay

itaberli_lozano.jpg

A woman in Brazil has confessed to stabbing her teenage son to death because she couldn’t tolerate he was gay, local media outlets are reporting.

The woman, Tatiana Lozano Pereira, lured her 17-year-old son to the family home after a heated argument on Christmas Eve. Once in the house, Itaberli Lozano was reportedly ambushed by the woman and two thugs she had hired to beat her son up to “teach him a lesson.”

However, the woman changed course and ordered the men to kill the boy as he was lying on the floor, severely beaten. When they refused, she took a kitchen knife and stabbed him herself, authorities said.

Lozano Pereira, 32, told police that she removed the body from the house with the help of her husband, the boy’s stepfather, and took it to a cane field where they burned it.

Lozano’s charred body was found on Jan. 7. The mother reportedly admitted her part in the crime during the first interrogation, naming also the two men she had hired for the beating. Her husband was charged for his collaboration in disposing of the boy’s body.

According to his uncle Dario Rosa and other relatives, Lozano had long been rejected by his mother for his sexual orientation.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...her-teenage-son-to-death-because-was-gay.html

Jasper

OMFG...I actually started reading the user comments for the story I just posted above.

The VAST MAJORITY of comments are in favor of the mother killing her son for being gay....WTF is wrong with people?

Monocle

Is this another one of those "post horrifying shit" threads where there's no real way to respond other than to express disgust for the inhumanity of the crime?

Humanity was a mistake.
Yeah fuck music and science and good food! Everything humans touch is awful because a portion of us behave like vile animals! Blaaaaaargh!

OMFG...I actually started reading the user comments for the story I just posted above.

The VAST MAJORITY of comments are in favor of the mother killing her son for being gay....WTF is wrong with people?

It's Fox News, so it's not surprising.

JCX

Oh man, this is fucking heartbreaking. Wish this kid could have been supported by a parent who truly loved him.

Greddleok

Pretty sure there's a rule against posting threads of news just to horrify people. There's no discussion to be had here, it's disgusting.

Ozorov

A little offtopic but you should really see documentaries about gay people in Russia for example. It's pretty fucked up

Monocle

Self-selecting pool. Hop into a cesspit and you'll find what crawls there.

Amalthea

Banned
Some people are worse than animals... They just breed to multiply but don't even feel a modicum of love any warm blooded animal has for their young.

She is human waste.

We're surrounded by literally evil people in this country. I don't know what the fuck is going on. How did things come to this? I just want to cry.

I guess thugs have enough scruples to not kill, but not enough scruples to stop a killing. I hope everyone involved gets as much time as is possible.

Also, please avoid the comments. :/ Seriously, it's amazing how terrible conservatives are. There's literally someone in that comments section talking about how bad Muslims are about homosexuality while applauding the killing of this boy. The literal only difference between the people in the comments section and the Muslims they're talking about is that their society wouldn't let them get away with lynching gay people.

And I love how people act as though it is a valid thing according to the Bible that she killed him. Because apparently being gay is just the worst thing, but committing the gravest sin in the Bible? Meh

Those comments are 'trolls', right? Someone on there was replying to people insinuating that they were either gay or supported gay people because they were molested by an uncle.

I just can't imagine anyone being that horrific to someone, let alone just thinking this.

Jesus, fuck these people.

Vyer

But homophobia is dead because those people can marry or whatever! Stahp whining about inequality guys!

Is this another one of those "post horrifying shit" threads where there's no real way to respond other than to express disgust for the inhumanity of the crime?

TBH, while I do understand the sentiment about these 'horrific' threads, this is why maybe something like this doesn't always fall under that rule.

I do think that there is some value in countering a lack of understanding from some people on just how deep rooted and severe the fear and hatred can be. Some people seem to think that these social issues or the concerns of minority groups are overblown.

Maybe sometimes shining a light on the horrible extremes of this way of thinking might crack the empathy door just a bit for those folks? I dunno

some straight dude going on about how he doesn't get applause to celebrate his orientation lmfao

G0523

Well, now the mother got what she deserves: having to relive that moment of killing her son (on Christmas Eve, of all days) over and over again in her head. I don't expect her to be mentally sane after this ordeal. Then again, she never sounded like she had it all together in the first place if she went that far actually killing her own son.

Monocle

We're surrounded by literally evil people in this country. I don't know what the fuck is going on. How did things come to this? I just want to cry.
The thing to realize is this ugliness was always lurking beneath the surface. There are millions of people rotten to the core with hatred who know how to maintain appearances when social conditions don't favor the open expression of their twisted views.

TBH, while I do understand the sentiment about these 'horrific' threads, this is why maybe something like this doesn't always fall under that rule.

I do think that there is some value in countering a lack of understanding from some people on just how deep rooted and severe the fear and hatred can be. Some people seem to think that these social issues or the concerns of minority groups are overblown.

Maybe sometimes shining a light on the horrible extremes of this way of thinking might crack the empathy door just a bit for those folks? I dunno
Well, we can hope.

azyless

I mean the fact alone is horrifying but the execution... going as far as hiring men to kill your own son. What the fuck really.

There are a lot of awful disgusting comments but to say it's a vast majority is wrong..There's just as many expressing sadness and anger over what the mother did. And people calling out the crazies for being crazy.

I don't dispute that these terrible opinions exist but don't say it's the majority of commenters when it's a small group that's being called out by others as being hateful.

JordanN

Banned
Poor kid. And the far right/religious nuts out there will still think she's a better person than him.

Just a reminder every time someone suggests they wish Mike Pence to be president over Trump, he's also one of those religious nuts.

hR6LICw.jpg

As much as I wish I didn't see this fucking thread, I think you're right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom