• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Invasion Attack 2016 [OT] The Cure for the Common 'Mania

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
SUPER ELGIN BOMB.

That was a ton of fun, exactly what it should have been.

EDIT: Elgin is so fucking over holy shit.

Foffy

Banned
This woman in the crowd is legit ruining the show for me.

I think she's yelled in every match since Intermission.

Foffy

Banned
MAKABEEEE

tumblr_nhnvktDqHn1sbzhteo1_400.gif

:(

Thoughts so far:

1. Looks like Ricochet is heading for WWE. Shame we never got him and Sydal vs. reDRagon :(

2. LOLKUSHIWINS. Great match though. Hopefully Ospreay challenges again for the title soon.

3. Wow, I'm legit shook that Tana/Elgin/Yoshi won the titles. Looks like we're getting Elgin/Omega at Wrestling Dontaku.

4. Shibata is going to fucking kill himself in the ring if he keeps doing those goddamn headbutts. Jesus. Shibata vs. Nagata should be fun.

5. Wow, GBH vs. GOD wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Good to see Tama Tonga win some gold (not the NEVER six man titles. REAL gold)

Holy shit the pop for Naito. Incredible to see how the fans have turned 180 in the last couple years. You can see he's really turning up the heel antics to get people to boo him!

klonere

Banned
chris charlton ‏@reasonjp 2m2 minutes ago
Man this crowd. It's not anti Okada, it's just really pro Naito. #njattack

Clearly not, they just booed the faces coming into to save the heel beatdown after the heel won the match by extremely blatant cheating.

Naito is their boy.

The fans chanting along with him. He is their boy. Holy shit. He gives 0 fucks.

Sanada in New Japan is pretty cool. Great pickup, even if he is Naito's boy.

klonere

Banned
E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 9m9 minutes ago
Comm. "Who are they telling to go away? Ishii?"
GK "Now they're cheering for Naito!"
#njattack #njpwworld

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 5m5 minutes ago
Naito "We are LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON! And we'll show you fans something new for supporting us."

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 4m4 minutes ago
Naito "What will that new something be? Wanna know? Tranquilo! Just, calm, down!" #njattack

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 53 seconds ago
GK "Naito finally brought an end to the 3 top era of AJ, Okada, Tanahashi. It should've been him all along, and now he did it." #njattack

EDIT:

E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 1m1 minute ago
Naito "Still, no matter what me, the IWGP champion says, this company won't change. There's a presser tmrw right? Ask me then." #njattack

That sounds very....CM Punkish.

La Sombra showing love:

Manny Andrade
‏@MannyAndradeWWE

@s_d_naito felicidades naito san.. New champion IWGP... Tranquilo #ingobernablesthebest...

Jamie OD

That was one of the best wrestling events I ever attended. The crowd were so awesome and there was so much Los Ingobernables merch being sold and worn that you could feel there was the potential for something special to happen. Didn't recognise Sanada from where I was sitting but he got a haircut and a different look since the other shows I saw him in during the trip. Tag Title match was the only lowpoint of the show. The Guerrilas just aren't interesting at all. Shibata using Tenzan's Tombstone against him made me pop big and the Nagata challenge has me hyped. 6-Man Tag was a blast with so many cool and funny spots. Didn't hear about Cody's injury until after the show. Ospreay made a brilliant first impression with the crowd and KUSHIDA is one of the best guys in New Japan right now. Him Vs Liger will be a treat.

Sumo Hall is a really cool venue. Comfy seats (by Japan standards), the sound travels well (screaming lady included although I don't think it was as bad live as on the stream) and great views too. For the final night of my trip I couldn't have picked a better show.

Here's how Kidani responded to the Ryogoku fans supporting the heel;

"If wrestling's a mirror to society,what does this support of Naito in Ryogoku say? We need to reflect on this."

If this was WWE they'd be piping in fake crowd noise while the commentator's do their best to pretend like everything's going as intended.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Naito didnt take the belt with him? what a heel lol

I hope Cody Hall is okay. Word is he was taken out on a stretcher with a neckbrace on. His neck definitely snapped badly after the dive from Nick :(

Best of the Super Juniors starts May 21, so I assume that Ospreay will win that and challenge KUSHIDA again.

I'm assuming that we'll a lot of the same names again: O'Reilly, KUSHIDA, Fish, Baretta, Romero, Liger, Tiger Mask, Gedo, Young Bucks, Taguchi, and David Finlay. BUSHI, Sydal and Ospreay are probably givens. Maybe we'll get Jay White to replace Komatsu. We just need a couple of luchadores to fill the Barbaro Cavernario and Mascara Dorada spots from last year.

Best of the Super Juniors starts May 21, so I assume that Ospreay will win that and challenge KUSHIDA again.

I'm assuming that we'll a lot of the same names again: O'Reilly, KUSHIDA, Fish, Baretta, Romero, Liger, Tiger Mask, Gedo, Young Bucks, Taguchi, and David Finlay. BUSHI, Sydal and Ospreay are probably givens. Maybe we'll get Jay White to replace Komatsu. We just need a couple of luchadores to fill the Barbaro Cavernario and Mascara Dorada spots from last year.

I'm hoping for Cheeseburger.

The Young Bucks @MattJackson13
We just left the hospital. @Cody_Hall1 is going to be okay. No fractures. No concussion. But he's pretty banged up. He sends his love.

Thank God.

Naito defends till WK11, Okada wins the G1.

Sounds good to me.

I'm hoping somebody else wins the G1, New Japan needs to build new main eventers. My prediction is Okada gets his rematch at DOMINION and loses (after beating Ishii at Wrestling Dontaku) and then somebody new wins the G1. It would likely have been Nakamura if...y'know...so I'm hoping for Shibata - now that he's signed a full-time deal he can definitely get a main event push.

The safe money's probably on Okada vs Naito at WK11, but I'm not entirely sure they want to give Okada his 3rd G1 win this soon, which would put him on par with Tenzan & Chono. So, presuming he doesn't win, there's quite a few options for Naito, depending on how bold they want to be - can't see Tanahashi winning two years in a row, but there's always been tension between him and Naito and I'm sure it'd make for a great main event. Then there's Shibata, they'd just need to get the NEVER title onto someone else before the G1 (wouldn't object to a Nagata title run with that belt, tbh). Goto's a possibility, Naito's been very antagonistic towards him over the past year or so, but I've got an inkling that he'll end up turning on Okada and CHAOS rather than feuding with Naito.

Also, Seiya Sanada should hopefully prove to be a good addition to the mix - he's a heavyweight and of an age with Okada, who's lacking for a real generational rival.

klonere

Banned
I'm wondering where Kamaitachi fits into all this when he gets back. He's a no-brainer for LIDJ and a BoSJ with him and Ospreay would be fire.

I'm wondering where Kamaitachi fits into all this when he gets back. He's a no-brainer for LIDJ and a BoSJ with him and Ospreay would be fire.

BUSHI has said he wants another Jr. in Los Ingobernables, so they can go after the Jr. tag titles - Kamaitachi would certainly be a good fit in that regard.

BoSJ and the Super-J are going to be awesome this year, the way things are shaping up. Also, while Ricochet & Sydal lost the titles, Ricochet implied that he isn't gone from NJPW as some expected.

Brinbe

Good to see Cody's alright. That was a scary sight.

And lol, need a GIF of Naito tossing the belt away. Entertaining event all-around now that I was able to get some sleep. NJPW's still the promotion to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom