• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Death Stranding at E3, confirms Kojima

Kazuhira

Am i the only who sees a tunnel a not a spider web? i mean,i can see both things but at first glance it's always a tunnel.
The five lines on the corner of the web looks like Morse code....
Oh don't you dare to bring that madness upon us again,i threw my tinfoil hat a long time ago.

Oh, this sucks. I was looking forward to a new trailer, lol.

Edit: That poster, I can see the tunnel, and with the big "Bridges" there, I feel like it's some sort of portal? Which makes sense wiht everything else that's going on in these trailers. Also, good to know Kojima will be at the E3 Colosseum with Keighley.

I just need another 15 minutes of Kojima explaining what bridges are and how they relate to strands

Because I know there are life strands and death strands but how do these strands connect to each other? What bridges these strands? Multiplayer elements? Action game?

Syntsui

Good, no point messing with people's expectations if the game is barely a game at this point. Squarenix should take notes.

Se_7_eN

Personally, I don't think Death Stranding will be at e3... But the game we know as Death Stranding will be there, with a different title.

Aces&Eights

I want them to go quiet as to not go into hype overkill but tbh, I can't ever get enough of Mads Mikkelsen. His persona seems to be transposing into this game so fricking well.

We have yet to see what it actually is. The trailers we've seen are a clear metaphor for what is to come.

Kojima has wanted to make a Silent Hill game since MGS3. Silent Hills was his "baby". His baby was taken and "saved" by GDT. Mads and company represent the monster that Konami had become, leaving behind a world of death in their wake.

That's why Death Stranding won't make an appearance at E3, because that's not what they're working on.

Death Stranding is what Silent Hills was.

I'll take my crow with a side of straight jacket after E3.

Doesn't Kojima have a long history about lying about this sort of thing?

You guys are reading too much into this, the only thing you will get is Kojima talking about films, how current tech allows him to realize things that weren't possible back then.. and then Geoff will try to ask a question in regards to DS which he will dodge as usual. The same usual bs interviews that we all know back and forth by now. Kojima upgrade that translator please.

You won't get a trailer or any snippet of info.. I like to believe the majority of people here are concern trolling but I have to drop the hammer of truth for the delusional folks.

Doesn't Kojima have a long history about lying about this sort of thing?

I don't think so. I also don't see the point of him lying after the game is announced and when we had two trailers already, it would be just dumb.

It sucks cause I really like to see Kojima's trailers, even if they don't feature anything remotely close to gameplay.

Sony's tendency to announce games the moment they go into development is becoming slightly annoying. If the game's not in a playable state why even bother?

In this case, I think they just wanted to get the partnership announcement out (and Kojima wanted to start the three year tease). If God of War releases Q1 2018 and Spiderman releases this year, I wouldn't say they're announcing projects too early.

GermanZepp

Why people says that is a 2020 or PS5 game?

For all we know, it could be a procedural generated arcade open world shooter with no story.

Predwolf

Starting from the top point, working clockwise:

Top: ITMEOM : .. - -- . --- --
Right: GETMMOO : --. . - -- -- --- ---
Lower Right: EMWMMOO : . -- .-- -- -- --- ---
Lower Left: FTMOMO : ..-. - -- --- -- ---
Upper Left: AOGTMO : .- --- --. - -- ---

I was reading the long dashes as ---, and I used the large blank spaces as breaks.

Probably just Jesus toast.

Radec

In before Sony shows a gameplay trailer with a different game title, characters, "developer name", that ends up being a Death Stranding game all along.

It's funny seeing so much Death Stranding fan art when no one knows what the fuck it's going to be. What if Mads Mikkelson's character is some horrible war criminal who kills children, rapes women, tortures people and all their fan art depicting him as being sweet and kawaii is retroactively ruined?

THEaaron

It's funny seeing so much Death Stranding fan art when no one knows what the fuck it's going to be. What if Mads Mikkelson's character is some horrible war criminal who kills children, rapes women, tortures people and all their fan art depicting him as being sweet and kawaii is retroactively ruined?

o_O

Golnei

It probably won't be that much of an issue. The MGS fandom doesn't usually like a character any less because of similar actions - Skullface's over-the-top edginess in GZ didn't stop him from becoming a comedic meme, for example. And the character looking like Mads Mikkelsen is going to make them inherently endearing regardless of how they're used.

Risev1

Why people says that is a 2020 or PS5 game?

For all we know, it could be a procedural generated arcade open world shooter with no story.

I think it's because Kojima said the game would be out before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which implies a 2019 at best / 2020 realistic release date for the game if all goes to plan.

Although he also said it would be out before the time Akira takes place, and that takes place in 2019 so who knows really, it's all speculation.

It's worth noting that Kojima also said Phantom Pain would come out after most people had their PS4 consoles already. Phantom Pain came out September of 2015, and you could argue that the PS4 was already insanely popular in 2014 so it's not like Kojima sets these dates as hard deadlines.

AAMARMO

Banned
RUSE CRUISE!!!
lEmDjPi.png

https://twitter.com/honorahs/status/874162931776106496

Top Bottom