• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No feathers in Jurassic Park 4 sparks debate and protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time you have KFC, just remember those things were dinosaurs some 65 million years ago.

Oh, and you were... I don't know, we don't have a clue what the human race looked like back then.

Dai101

Banned
I would go on a murder rampage if they added feathers on T-Rex.
Velociraptors looked cool in JP3 but dont fuck with the Rex design

jurassic-park-1.png

This is Hollywood T-Rex®. Respect it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A6WhWhWDc48#t=2396s

Also, please check your avatar at exit, you're no longer fit to use it.

Zeliard

Can you even imagine a pack of these fuckers descending on your face in a vortex of feathers and talons? That would be a cooler scene than anything in the first three JP films. See how many people would whine about feathered dinosaurs after getting an eyeful of that.

Exactly. How cool would that shit look?

Batman

Banned
A creature of feathers even 30 feet tall doesn't bring the " OMFG reaction " to an audience but a slimy dragon looking creature with scales and rubber skin does.

catabarez

They look like garbage with feathers. Also be massively jarring from one JP to the next to just plop them in.

Such an pointless dust up. It was bad enough when suddenly all dinos had their tails jutting straight out behind them. That killed my interest back in 3rd grade.

How do we know they won't be done justice if they had feathers in the movie? Dinosaurs looked stupid Pre-JP1. They can still be intimidating. All we have seen are pictures, nothing that really brought them to life like this movie could do.

Can you even imagine a pack of these fuckers descending on your face in a vortex of feathers and talons? That would be a cooler scene than anything in the first three JP films. See how many people would still be whining about feathered dinosaurs after getting an eyeful of that.

Seriously, especially if they delayed revealing they can fly. We think out heroes get away leaving the pack behind them.. then they start climbing, jumping and flying.

It would seriously be fucking incredible. And it would blow people away. Flying mini velociraptors. Terrifying.

Feathered dinosaurs are the one aspect of scientific discovery that GAF just can't handle mentally.

It's both fascinating and sad. It's like watching old people discuss their dislike for technology.

This.

But I do wonder if it because a lot of feathered paleoart kinda sucks. Especially taxidermy pieces.

akira28

Jurrasic Park 1 was the only movie I saw. I did read all of the books. I have no problems skipping this movie too.

C'mon, after you watch 5 guys completly ripped to fucking bloody meat by gangs of giant chickens with razor sharp claws and teeth, you probably stop thinking it's so hilarious.

Just come up with a narrative explanation as to why these dinosaurs don't have feathers. Whether it's the frog DNA or whatever.

Here's the scene:

Annoying nerdy kid: *snort*
Amazed park-visitor: What's so funny?
Annoying nerdy kid: There's no feathers.
Amazed park-visitor: Feathers? Since when do dinosaurs have feathers?
Helpful park ranger: Actually, the dinosaurs DID have feathers... but since we mixed their DNA with amphibians and other reptiles, we've been unable to replicate the feather-growing gene sequence.

DONE

Ragnarok

I dont even understand why scientific accuracy is so important to some fans of this franchise.

Ya'll do realize that actual velociraptors were like 3 feet tall, right?

And Dilophosaurus was 8-foot tall and didn't spit/have the frill.

And was the T-Rex's visual acuity really based on movement? Doubt that too!

Jurassic Park never ever ever was scientifically accurate.

pants

I hope you science people go camp out in front of The Hobbit in protest of its use of magic and fictional creatures.

joetachi

No, no you are not. This is not a documentary. You are trying to furry up fictional representations of Dinosaurs. You are furries if the other side are dragon pervs.
Why not make them talk and give them guns since its not a documentary. Im not arguing for my own intrest i care more about people seeing dinosaur in the way they looked like.

DanteFox

Just come up with a narrative explanation as to why these dinosaurs don't have feathers. Whether it's the frog DNA or whatever.

Here's the scene:

Annoying nerdy kid: *snort*
Amazed park-visitor: What's so funny?
Annoying nerdy kid: There's no feathers.
Amazed park-visitor: Feathers? Since when do dinosaurs have feathers?
Helpful park ranger: Actually, the dinosaurs DID have feathers... but since we mixed their DNA with amphibians and other reptiles, we've been unable to replicate the feather-growing gene sequence.

DONE

and then for closure, the annoying nerdy kid ends up getting eaten by a T-rex, which is met by cheers from the relieved audience that fun-ruining uber nerds didn't manage to ruin a fun hollywood movie.

massoluk

Banned
I'm fine with it. Frog DNA and all that.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilised in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries! What John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters! Nothing more and nothing less." - Alan Grant

and then for closure, the annoying nerdy kid ends up getting eaten by a T-rex, which is met by cheers from the relieved audience that fun-ruining uber nerds didn't manage to ruin a fun hollywood movie.

Thank you for picking up on that. I was hoping somebody would :D

pants

Why not make them talk and give them guns since its not a documentary. Im not arguing for my own intrest i care more about people seeing dinosaur in the way they looked like.

Why not have Abraham Lincoln hunt vampires? It's a fictional world, that they created. Their in-universe rules apply until they say they dont. I really cant be arsed about people using fucking Jurassic Park as an educational tool, thats inane beyond measure.

akira28

I hope you science people go camp out in front of The Hobbit in protest of its use of magic and fictional creatures.

dinosaurs = dragons
early primitive humans = orcs and elves and hobbits
alien technology = magic .

that shit happened yo. or some shit happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom