• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Hope Left (?)

glaurung

This is bullshit, my two cents is that this is a poorly conceived viral for a third rate movie.

Probably Leap Year 2, sequel to the horror movie Leap Year from 2010.

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/01/18/exclusive-no-hope-left-is-capcom/

Well, it's Capcom. Excellent work by TheSixthAxis there.

After a lengthy chat I had to send them a picture of the advert via email and whilst waiting for the reply we asked Capcom if they were in anyway linked to the No Hope Left adverts. I’ll give you one guess what they said.

Capcom doesn’t comment on any rumours or speculation.

Well we tried. We did. We asked Capcom. We did, they didn’t know but Primesight are seemingly a lot more helpful as they have just sent me an email.

Panel number is 2375 03 Parry Street. The company advertising on it is CAPCOM.

Come on RE6.

bubnbob

Banned
We always have hope. Hope is found inside the heart!

144954.jpg

Where the hell is his left hand. OH GOD HOPE

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Given Revelations apparently ties into RE6, I could see them really pushing the viral around the US/EU release of that one, maybe even announce shortly after while minds are on Resident Evil.

Roto13

The only Resident Evil I actually liked was Resident Evil 5 for the co-op. :p But Resident Evil is clearly not the series for me so whatever.

fernoca

Website received a good amounts of updates during the last hours:
  • Video from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
  • More pictures from China and a few new places like Berlin and Japan.
  • A map location, based on the locations of the pictures (and the idea of some areas grouping) :
(some more map pics at the site)

Though now I'm wondering if this could be related to the fifth movie; but the constant pictures of China point to the RE6 leaked info. :p

so, in this one are Chris and Jill gonna be fully armed soldiers with full arsenals of modern weaponry, ammo, body armor, and jets equipped with nuclear bombs?

or is gonna be like "lol, all of china is zombies, go in there with your pistol Jill, thx"

i don't understand what this series has been doing. It seems like they're always moving up to some higher military unit (which is lame in itself for something that's supposed to be horror), but always stuck with a pistol at first.

fernoca

To add more fuel to the fire :)p), the Revelations 3DS demo will be released in the US...on January 19.

So far, the January 19 date has:
-Reveal of this viral (at 2PM PST)
-Resident Evil: Retribution (5th movie) teaser trailer / official website launch at 10AM PST
-Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) demo on US

And on January 20, the 15th Anniversary event in Japan, which will be live-streamed at around 3AM of the 20th (PST).

It seems all points to something Resident Evil related, while still leaving the question of what could it be.
-6th game?
-5th movie?
-3DS game?
-CG-movie/sequel?
-Operation Raccoon City?
-Entirely different/new game?

Xpliskin

Thanks fernoca I have the same enthousiasm as you have and can't I contain it XD

Are we sure this isn't a teaser for RE: retribution ?

fernoca

Under the map-blog entry, an user posted most of the locations that appear on the map:

• New York
  • Sao Paulo
  • London
  • Berlin
  • Morocco
  • Egypt
  • Shanghai
  • Hong Kong
  • Tokyo

Also noticed, that while all the pictures usually show abandoned places or public places with no people around, the Sao Paulo clip has people and vehicles around.

In that aspect, it can't be related to the movies since in that cannon the world was "destroyed" after the infection. It wouldn't made sense to show a clip of people living regularly, along a clip of a desperate woman speaking in mandarin.

Only in the games cannon, small areas of the world has been affected (a small town in the US, a small village in Europe, a small village in Africa), while everyone else continues living normally.

Thanks fernoca I have the same enthousiasm as you have and can't I contain it XD

Are we sure this isn't a teaser for RE: retribution ?
Can go either way.
It wouldn't surprise if it was for the movie; or just something else (an iPhone game?). :p
At the same time, the teaser of the movie apparently has a different direction (i.e.
a cellphone commercial
) and what I was wondering that I posted above, about in the movies the entire world is in ruins, while in the virals Brazil seems to be fine, but (apparently) China isn't.

Xpliskin

What we could do is compare this to the Resident Evil 5 viral marketing campaign.

I can't remember if they used real-life footage too for that one.
I think they did for Mercenaries 3D.
Then we could conclude they are indeed teasing a new RE game instead of a movie.

If the movie trailer hits at 10 am PST, that would make the "14 pm PST" obsolete. Who confirmed the retribution trailer would be shown at 10 PST ?

fernoca

If the movie trailer hits at 10 am PST, that would make the "14 pm PST" obsolete. Who confirmed the retribution trailer would be shown at 10 PST ?
Sony/Paul Anderson/Milla...or something. :p
A website was first the one to report the actual time, then Milla asked Sony and Paul Aderson (well, she's married to him so she has his cellphone at least :p); and she posted it on her Twitter. (1PM EST/10AM PST on Yahoo Movies and the official website-s-).

At least after tomorrow, things might be a little clear...at least for this.

Maybe is for Dead Rising 3... :p

Xpliskin

The tags for the youtube vid, out of boredom (holy shit if re6 gets revealed this week):
#nohopeleft
nohopeleft.com
No hope left
Apocalypse
Death Goodbye
Pain
Self-hurt
Holocaust
Blood
Kids
End of world
China
Dark
Desperate
WTF
Mystery
Lost
Confused
Frantic
Terror
Horror
Terrifying
Help
SOS
Serbia
US Army
Aztec
Mayans
UFO
Alien Invasion
Ghosts
Survival
Defenceless
nohopeleft
Brutal
Ai wei-wei
Government
Mind control
Conspiracy
Theory
Philosophy
Freedom
Schizophrenic
Mental breakdown

Are those coordinates: 50.56.209.50 ?

fernoca

G4s Attack of the Show aired the teaser trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution (cam footage).

As the rumors suggested it starts as a cellphone/Sony/Vita commercial with Baba O'riley' by The Who playing in the background, then shows quick scenes of the movie (teases at Li Bing Bing as Ada, flying creatures, Alice of course; though one scene shows a "normal Alice" with a girl, tons of shooting, Michelle Rodriguez and a giant creature in a car chase).

No connection to 'No Hope Left' it seems, so guess we'll know for sure later.
Good quality and official site for the movie will launch in under 12 hours.

Overall nice teaser and glad to see them back to the commercials/trailers...no rock music in this teaser, which was interesting.

fernoca

Movie stuff..

Better quality teaser trailer (starts at 2:32)

Higher-res logo:
Ib6d7.jpg

Official synopsis:
The Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race's last and only hope, ALICE (Milla Jovovich), awakens in the heart of Umbrella's most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by newfound allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun.​

Loved the product placement. It really started off like a Sony commercial.

lol even had the Vita.

Why is Michelle Rodriguez back?

fernoca

Loved the product placement. It really started off like a Sony commercial.

lol even had the Vita.

Why is Michelle Rodriguez back?

Michelle Rodriguez and Colin Salmon (both from the first movie are back. So is Oded Fehr (Carlos Oliveira). Details are unknown, and according to Milla the footage of the teaser was based on like 2 weeks of shooting (they started around September, finished on December).

Rumors point to (yep you guessed right)
clones
!. But, the story will focus and has a lot of backstory explaining and connecting events from the previous films; so who knows. It will also explain what happened to Jill that disappeared in the third movie. Chris and Claire won't be in this film and were apparently abducted by Umbrella (as teased in the teaser,. the movie starts right when Afterlife ended as show with the white-dressed people dying).

fernoca

Reminder, the second teaser that was posted around specifically had the 14PST-time.

iykid.png

So, keep an eye out.
Will update the main post with info by then (no matter if it turns out to be something good or something lame), if I'm available/awake. :p

Kuraudo

Banned
Is there any reason to assume this isn't just a last minute viral for Revelations?

Want to get hyped, but a little sceptical.

fernoca

Is there any reason to assume this isn't just a last minute viral for Revelations?

Want to get hyped, but a little sceptical.

Could be too.
Thought they started some viral-stuff for Revelations last year, with the fake cruise line/number and recently the video of the creature/arm that was found on a beach.

But, just a few hours!
for No More Heroes 3 published by Capcom!! :p

Linkified

The tags for the youtube vid, out of boredom (holy shit if re6 gets revealed this week):
#nohopeleft
nohopeleft.com
No hope left
Apocalypse
Death Goodbye
Pain
Self-hurt
Holocaust
Blood
Kids
End of world
China
Dark
Desperate
WTF
Mystery
Lost
Confused
Frantic
Terror
Horror
Terrifying
Help
SOS
Serbia
US Army
Aztec
Mayans
UFO
Alien Invasion
Ghosts

Survival
Defenceless
nohopeleft
Brutal
Ai wei-wei
Government
Mind control
Conspiracy
Theory
Philosophy
Freedom
Schizophrenic
Mental breakdown

Are those coordinates: 50.56.209.50 ?

The three tag words that make me somewhat excited and to note no Zombies.

fernoca

The three tag words that make me somewhat excited and to note no Zombies.
I guess, that if they put zombies..it would make it too obvious. So they decided to add more "supernatural" things and just general broad topics related to "world invasion".

But we still don't know if it's RE-related; so maybe it is a survival horror game, on a world invaded by aliens...and ghosts.

Looking around, it seems some people are trying to guess if there's a "hidden message" in this 2 pictures:

The first one, shows an open door; along that the numbers '20' and '33' are on the frame of the picture.
dGvFO.jpg

The second one, they wonder about who/what/where is Yang Gao Tang. It is from China, but if it's a person then they wonder why specifically that person's name:
QlluZ.jpg

Since most of the pictures are focused on general places, cars, abandoned buildings; except for the already mentioned video from Brazil.

Also, if there's a hidden meaning Resident Evil or any game related, at how the username uploading the pics on the website is called "L.A.W.".

fernoca

In the meantime..
(Up to) 1080p teaser of the movie, from Yahoo Movies.

[Click for larger]
(Luther, Leon, ???, Barry)
tFnFH.jpg

(Washington in ruins with well known flying enemies from the games flying around -Kipepeos from Resident Evil 5?)
oVOmf.jpg

(End of the 'Afterlife' movie, beginning of 'Retribution')
ucJB0.jpg

(Alice been followed by japanese (?) zombies -not Majini or Ganado)
iUO9h.jpg

(Ada escaping a shootout in Raccoon City)
U4DJ2.jpg

(Official website along more ways to download the teaser will follow in a few hours.)

Nothing has been confirmed regarding nohopeleft.com; so still on the lookout.

Xpliskin

I think I'm gonna call it.

This is about RE6, set in an eastern country. Probably china. Where a massive zombie outbreak occured, either by a group of bad guys or someone else. That woman is stuck there and got killed. It's so massive it's apocalyptic.

The BSAA is sent in (or leon) there to solve the problem. We'll see rural areas (probably open world?), like villages. And zombies will make a come back.
Probably uses dragon's dogma tech.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The only Resident Evil I actually liked was Resident Evil 5 for the co-op. :p But Resident Evil is clearly not the series for me so whatever.

I love RE4, but RE5 had fun co-op. I really hope RE6 has co-op again. :p

fernoca

The site ha s been quite...silent today, unlike during this 2 days.

Looking around the files in the site, is not like there's hidden content waiting to be posted/linked. :p

Apparently 3.5 more hours to go to see what's the deal behind the 14PST time at least.

The official movie website finally updated, and still no connections/ties to nohopeleft.com.

It should be noted that the teaser , which starts as a Sony commercial shows people from locations that are in the movie..for the most part at least:
-New York
-Russia
-Japan
-China
...since I haven't seen mention of China been in the movie; so we'll see.

(YouTube version)

fernoca

That Twitter/Facebook link seems to be some..anagram of no hope left (spelt backwards?)

No Hope Left
  • nohopeleft
  • no-hope-left
  • left-hope-no
  • tfel-epoh-on
  • tfelepohon

Link doesn't work anyway.

Top Bottom