• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Collecter's Edition still has not shipped to customers

styl3s

Yeah.

Unfortunately this is how iam8bit operates. You order something, they never ship it to anyone, they never tell you anything, they won't let you cancel your order.
This shit right here should be illegal.

Samaritan

iam8bit has always been terrible at fulfilling orders in my experience. REZ: Infinite keeps slipping further and further, so this isn't the least bit surprising.

Yeah.

Unfortunately this is how iam8bit operates. You order something, they never ship it to anyone, they never tell you anything, they won't let you cancel your order.

Also, this is inaccurate. I was able to have my REZ: Infinite order canceled upon hearing about the original delay. All it took was a single message to their support and they canceled it on the spot.

This company delays nearly if not every product they release by months, they have no concept of planning or quality assurance. Amateur league seller and producer with good products but a nauseating way of doing business.

Surely you can cancel if you feel that way?
From what I understand no, there are no refunds after fourteen days. And refunds only come in the form of store credit if I remember correctly which is naaaasty.

Bruh this is all on iam8bit. I know its the in thing to shit on anything NMS these days but look at Rez and basically everything they release ever.

ascii42

I blame iam8bit.

Same thing with REZ:

35brerU.png
Rez is even more baffling, as it's just the game. Well, I've learned my lesson. Rez is the first and last thing I'll order from iam8bit.

Storm360

Can we all agree to stop ordering things from iam8bit yet? They fuck up everything they do. Stop supporting this company until they improve

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I didn't realize this hadn't shipped.

Um. It's almost like an intentional joke at this point.

"Can't" and "won't' are very different things. If you do a chargeback and contact the better business Bureau, what are they going to do? Whine about how you took the money back for am item they never delivered?

Unbelievable the scams people put up with.

Ibuki

Banned
iam8bit has always been terrible at fulfilling orders in my experience. REZ: Infinite keeps slipping further and further, so this isn't the least bit surprising.

Also, this is inaccurate. I was able to have my REZ: Infinite order canceled upon hearing about the original delay. All it took was a single message to their support and they canceled it on the spot.

It's in their policy on the site to only offer store credit, is that what they did for you?

I use PayPal for this very reason. But I imagine you can chargeback and they'll ban you from the store based on their principles.

I managed to cancel an order after three weeks of eight emails sent and I only heard after the last one. I was livid, couldn't believe I didn't get a single response til then. To cancel a pre-order!

WELP! If you go to their Facebook page this person just got a partial refund by threatening a FCC claim regarding Online Transactions. :lol wow.

I remember there being a thread on Reddit about Steam users getting refunds on NMS after 2 hours of playtime.

After a few days, Steam stopped giving out refunds. I feel sorry for those who didn't like the game, but couldn't get a refund. Chargeback against Steam will result in your account getting banned or something.

This company delays nearly if not every product they release by months, they have no concept of planning or quality assurance. Amateur league seller and producer with good products but a nauseating way of doing business.

From what I understand no, there are no refunds after fourteen days. And refunds only come in the form of store credit if I remember correctly which is naaaasty.

Fuck that shit.
For a start, you can dispute the store credit bullshit, as far as I know they cant legally withhold your money from you and turn it into store credit.
Dispute the transaction with your card provider / merchant.
Tell them you want your money back, they havent held up their end of the agreement and have delayed the product several times.

Varth

Not exactly the same (Rez buyer here) but honestly Its not a huge problem for me. If I was concerned with getting the game day One I would have bought it digitally. Were talking about collectors items. As long as I get mine Its all' good.

Would like to get a price discount out of this of course, since they actually announce a date and missed it.

ryseing

Yeah, after everything that happened with Rez I'm done with that company. Damn shame too, since the Hotline Miami vinyl they did was great, if a tad too expensive.

R0n1n

Neo Member
Ok so I was able to finally get a refund sorted on my Explorers edition, so it seems they are willing to refund peoples purchases despite what others have said in this thread. Below is the mail response from them...

Hello R0n1n,

Thank you for your inquiry about a NMS EE refund. We are able to refund you for the cost of the NMS Explorer's Edition, minus the cost of game code which you have already received.

This refund totals $90USD + shipping

In order to process your refund, please provide the following required information in a separate email with the subject header:

NMS REFUND REQUEST: Order #(your order number)
Your name
Your order number
The date you made your purchase
The shipping paid
A paypal address to send the refund to

Once this information is received, please allow 7-14 days for your refund to process.

We know that this has been a really frustrating process for you - it has been a really frustrating process for us as well, with production happening overseas and out of our hands. This experience has been massively deflating for us as a company as well, because we are good people with good intentions. Fortunately, it has also taught us the valuable lesson that not having direct control over production or good communication from our production partners creates massive problems with the people we truly care about - our customers.

We sincerely wish that the NMS EE production had gone more smoothly (and quickly).

Now that the ships are making their way across the oceans to us in LA and London, we are feeling some sense of relief, but we are keenly aware that this provides little consolation to you. Please know that we have made an earnest pledge going forward, to do better for you, and for everyone like you, who puts their faith in iam8bit's ability to make cool stuff and to deliver it on time.

iam8bit

Shaneus

Now that the ships are making their way across the oceans to us in LA and London, we are feeling some sense of relief, but we are keenly aware that this provides little consolation to you. Please know that we have made an earnest pledge* going forward, to do better for you, and for everyone like you, who puts their faith in iam8bit's ability to make cool stuff and to deliver it on time.

iam8bit
*Pledge delivery date: August 2018**

**date subject to change

refund peoplee. preowned is around 20$ now.

Exactly. Seems like they're being shipped from China and will take another 30 days for the shipping container to arrive, and then be stuck furthermore during christmas shipping bonanza. Clearly they had production issues there with no direct involvement with it.

I would refuse purchasing them. Do a chargeback. Say its been 2 months. These won't arrive until January 2017!

I'm surprised iam8bit is this bad. I've seen people disparaging them on here before but when I got the Hotline Miami 2 special edition it arrived a week before the game itself

Really sucks for those who've bought stuff, sorry to hear

El-Suave

Devs who do deals, with exclusivity no less, with these people on a friendship basis really should reevaluate their business. For Rez, there would have been countless better alternatives for physical distribution that would have gotten the job done by now. I would imagine that there are several small distributers in Europe that would have loved to put Rez into retail.

Zomba13

Yeah, still waiting on the little NMS ship. This is definitely my biggest gaming regret in some time. Stupid hype. I still think the ship is cool and it'd be nice to have on my desk or shelf but it's not worth that price and the further away from the games launch it gets the less and less I care. Really sucks I can't get a refund because I redeemed the game code.

Turnstyle

I posted this in the Rez thread, but for the benefit of anyone who is being told they can't cancel:

I've mentioned it several times in this thread already, but depending on your location, they have to offer refunds by law if you haven't received the item yet, even if you're outside the 'up to 14 days since order' window that they arbitrarily allow for refunds on their site.

Check your countries online purchasing laws. I'm not too hot on US consumer laws, but a quick look online seems to imply that if a product is delayed beyond 30 days, you have cancellation rights:

Delays

If the seller is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The seller also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free — for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

If you don’t respond — and the delay is 30 days or less — it’s assumed that you accept the delay and are willing to wait for the merchandise.
If you don’t respond — and the delay is more than 30 days — the order must be canceled by the 30th day of the delay period and a full refund issued promptly.

If the seller can’t meet the revised shipping date, it must notify you again by mail, email or telephone and give you a new shipping date or cancel your order and give you a refund.

The order should be canceled and a refund issued promptly unless you indicate by the revised shipping date that you are willing to wait.
If you don’t respond to the second notice, the seller should assume that you are not willing to wait issue a full refund promptly.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received#rights

As mentioned before, if you're a UK buyer, you can cancel the order under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

What I'm saying is please never take a company at its word when it comes to refunds or cancellations, you usually have more rights than they let on.

mabec

Small update. iam8bit responded fairly quick with a formal "copy & paste" answer giving me the refund, except from the game key value which kinda sucks but whatever. At first I didnt want to ask for a refund but I feel so sick of this debacle by now. RIP Hello Games

iam8bit's business practices are really, really bad. It's one thing to have issues with a product, but this is becoming a consistent pattern. Their vinyl products (besides being absurdly overpriced) have suffered huge delays more often than not.

It really just feels like they bite off way more than they can chew.

Top Bottom