• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDL50

I am somehow convinced this game will be a massive disappointment (I think procedural generation that generates *interesting* stuff repeatedly is very hard to get, and most planets will look same-y and boring) of Molyneux standards.

Nevertheless, I kind of want to play it at release :( Stupid hype.

Does anyone know if there are any major expected differences between PC/consoles? Is it console dev first, PC second?
I am tempted to get it on PC because, hell, it's a space sim. But at the same time being so targeted towards consoles might mean the controls will be very optimized for pads.

It's a good thing Sean Murray never over promised or made exaggerated claims of things that weren't in the game.

So your comment about "Molyneux" is way off the mark.

Love the GAF Gold one.

Thanks, I'm thinking of maybe doing a couple more color combinations.

Cool! What do you think?-

Also, I plan on whipping up some avatars, so will probably doing something like that if you're open to it.

Good stuff.

It's nice, I didn't actually notice it the first time I looked at the image, so it's subtle enough to not get in the way. Maybe it slightly interferes with the rest of the color combinations, but otherwise it would not have the GAF association. I'm thinking maybe I should do a one color version, might be a useful alternative?

EDIT:
Also, regarding the avatars, sure, send me a PM if you need the vector image or anything else.

Despera

Banned
Yeah over in the Starbound thread some folks aren't even interested in the Main quest, and just want to explore different planets
That's how I spent my time in that game.

That is the main reason I'm excited for NMS. I love the idea of not knowing what weird, terrifying, whimsical, awe inspiring or even boring new discovery I could be making next. And the best part? Procedurally generated shit can't be completely spoiled by some asshole online.

N° 2048

I'll probably spend like 6 hours+ on the first planet lol

I spend like 2 hours in a building in Fallout, examining every corner, etc.

This game is going to consume my life.

and just the sheer Role Playing possibilities. Need this now.

legacyzero

Banned
It's nice, I didn't actually notice it the first time I looked at the image, so it's subtle enough to not get in the way. Maybe it slightly interferes with the rest of the color combinations, but otherwise it would not have the GAF association. I'm thinking maybe I should do a one color version, might be a useful alternative?

EDIT:
Also, regarding the avatars, sure, send me a PM if you need the vector image or anything else.

Should be ok. Just having transparency with it is great.

Should be ok. Just having transparency with it is great.

Sure thing, it's good either way.

Here's a couple more variations, nothing better to do tonight. :)

PSDmFcO.png

fp7RH6m.png

sq8CYHF.png

YO, if someone doesn't mind adding the last one to my avatar, it would be greatly appreciated.

Did you mean like alongside your avatar logo, or just a resized version of the emblem? Either way, here are some variations: http://imgur.com/a/eUEpq

Thanks!

On topic, man, I hope the game performs well on an AMD rig, my R9 380X and FX-8350 should be enough, but I just feel there'll be some weird hitching, sound stutter or something with the luck I'm having. Not a shot at the devs, just my rig.

Did you mean like alongside your avatar logo, or just a resized version of the emblem? Either way, here are some variations: http://imgur.com/a/eUEpq

Thanks!

On topic, man, I hope the game performs well on an AMD rig, my R9 380X and FX-8350 should be enough, but I just feel there'll be some weird hitching, sound stutter or something with the luck I'm having. Not a shot at the devs, just my rig.

Thanks bud!

ymgve

Their "evidence" is a list of bugs that somehow means the game is beta and that some models are the same as the ones in a near-finished beta shown to the press. It is nothing but denial.

Fuser

Mods on No Man's Sky reddit just posted this :

We have collected some evidence that the leaked copy may be a stolen demo or non-final developer copy.

YO THE TWIST it's LOST season 2 all over again
While possibly true, the evidence presented by the mods is pretty desperate. Chances are...the game has some bad bugs (crashes) that must be sorted and that the game may not actually be that great.

I'm still very much looking forward to it but the expectations about what this game is are absolutely crazy. The community for this game could be really fun, lots of stories and discoveries etc, but I suspect it will be full of confusion and anger. Some justified, most not.

All I know is, the leaked video made me want to play it. That's enough for me.

SenkiDala

If it was a preview or demo copy why would they use a retail box to store it.
For Example:
$_35.JPG

s-l300.jpg

Can be a fake retail box. It wasn't even wrapped up in plastic. And the inner booklet was the same than the one in UC4 boxes (with the old date). Just need a PS4 game box, the UC4 inner booklet of NMS, a good printer to print the cover of NMS, and done.

greatgeek

Banned
Can be a fake retail box. It wasn't even wrapped up in plastic. And the inner booklet was the same than the one in UC4 boxes (with the old date). Just need a PS4 game box, the UC4 inner booklet of NMS, a good printer to print the cover of NMS, and done.
Didn't the leaker buy his copy from someone who had played it briefly?

If it was a preview or demo copy why would they use a retail box to store it.
For Example:
$_35.JPG

s-l300.jpg

The idea is that the leaker faked the case. He could have just pulled it from any other PS4 game and printed a mockup cover, then tossed in an insert that apparently was included with other games to try and give it more authenticity. The label on the disc is most suspect to me, since a demo wouldn't have a label like that. It's possible he fabricated the disk entirely for the pictures though, unless there's video of him actually putting it in a PS4 and starting the game? Even then if he has two PS4s he could have one off screen with the demo copy in it, but that's getting a bit contrived.

Jerm411

Is there a review embargo or do we know when reviewers are getting their copies.....? Just curious to see what others are saying....

somme

Well it's past midnight in the UK so the game is being released next week!

It's been a long road. The next 9 days are going to be painful.

SenkiDala

Didn't the leaker buy his copy from someone who had played it briefly?

I don't know anything about this, even about how the buyer got it (heard that he bought in on ebay but don't know much more). I was just answering to someone about how it's not that hard to make a fake box of a game.

I don't have any opinion about whether it's a retail copy, a beta copy or a copy stolen at an event, in fact I don't care so much, what I've seen from the game seems satisying for me.

I've missed some good ole fashioned chaos surrounding a game's release. This has been some great popcorn reading the last 24 hours.

N° 2048

I was looking for something to play while I wait for Abzu but this thread and the spoiler thread will suffice.

email me popcorn please

That trophy earned but not synching/showing is due to the fact that the list isn't live on Sony's side. Its like that for every game. Not a bullet point for it being an early/non-retail copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom