• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Weird. My brother and I both ordered from Amazon. His copy just arrived, but mine hasn't yet. Mine still says it's supposed to be delivered today. WTF is going on?

If it's coming via UPS they deliver up until 8PM. Most of my UPS packages come at around 5, and I've actually had packages show up after 7 or 8 from them.

I'm seeing here that "This game is excluded from Steam's Family Sharing service.".

Is it because the game isn't out yet and they haven't updated the page ?
Because it would suck big time otherwise. My girlfriend and I are splitting the cost, and we'd be forced to share the same save...

That's weird. I hope it isn't like that on PSN because I'm doing the same.

Shady859

Weird. My brother and I both ordered from Amazon. His copy just arrived, but mine hasn't yet. Mine still says it's supposed to be delivered today. WTF is going on?

They got me as well... Need to chat and complain for a credit IIRC I got $10 for The Division missing releasing day.

Tempted to go buy it at Walmart and return the Amazon copy tomorrow but nah that's to much hassle. Twitch it's gonna be. :/

AW SHIT

I got an email notification last night from BestBuy that the LE came back in stock.

Thinking "I'll buy this and then just sell my regular version once i get it" I stuck it in my cart. ~$80 with Gamers Club went down to like $63, but then it turned out I had TWENTY BUCKS in RewardZone points so I just ordered the LE for $43!!

WOOOOOO

And since I used GamersClub on the normal version, even if I sell it online for $50 I'll still make back what I spent on it despite it being open, and someone else will get it for $10 off!

:D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So how do you get these AtlasPass things? Finally left my initial planet and saw a space station, went to it and everything is blocked off inside by those doors. Encountered a few on the planet, but it was a bummer to travel to the station and find nothing I could do.

I have all these Gek artifacts I'd really like to sell.

Wait, spotted a trading terminal...

chur

My copy was "Out for Delivery" for about 7 hours, but it's finally here! I'm going to shoot the hell out of some rocks.

Dad

I'm three planets in and they've all been big barren rocks with some mushrooms. I have been procedurally cursed

Lister

Banned
My Pc brethren, how are you dealing with this agonizing wait :( ?

I've murdered three people already, just to fill the void in my soul.

I don't know if I can do a fourth, I might get caught.... wait, wasn't some guy allowed a PS4 in prison? Maybe they'll allow a high end PC too?!

Justified

Yea the fact that you can pause leads me to believe there is no multiplayer what so ever, just single players with online elements (similar to a game with a leaders board)

Im willing to bet even in the ultra rare chance you are on the same planet as another real player, you are still in your own instance, and cant interact

I knew it

Update: We are 100% In the same station same spot and everything and we cannot see eachother.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wxydf/im_about_to_meet_another_player_seriously/

ChanMan

So is this game worth playing I am seconds away from buying a $60 PSN card and just purchasing it. Trying not to look at too much gameplay and avoided most of the hype but I wondering if this is worth adding to my back logs of games. I am still playing through Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

Anyone else having trouble getting their preorder content? PS4 says it's installed, but there's no option in-game to redeem it.

Edit: Restoring licenses fixed it.

If this is true then I'm not sure what the point of implementing the infrastructure for that feature is since they've been touting how rediculously low the chance of anyone running into someone else is just because of the number of planets alone. If people are also separated by different instances then I can't imagine anyone ever bumping into someone else.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, and I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've never believed for a second they *did* implement such an infrastructure. It would pointless, as you said, and an almost irresponsible waste of time and resources for an indie dev to create such an infrastructure that would never be used.

kevin1025

Banned
Is there a special trick to analyzing flying species? I just burned my retinas trying to analyze some on a yellow sky, then gave up after 15 minutes because it refused to do it.

So how do you get these AtlasPass things? Finally left my initial planet and saw a space station, went to it and everything is blocked off inside by those doors. Encountered a few on the planet, but it was a bummer to travel to the station and find nothing I could do.

I have all these Gek artifacts I'd really like to sell.

Wait, spotted a trading terminal...

AtlasPass comes later in the game, but you don't need them to access space stations or outposts. Most space stations that I have come across have had two doors in the hangar, one leading to an AtlasPass restricted area, and the other to the general space station area, that's the place where you can sell your goods. You could also just hang out in the hangar and sell your stuff to the other traders that come flying in.

Is there a special trick to analyzing flying species? I just burned my retinas trying to analyze some on a yellow sky, then gave up after 15 minutes because it refused to do it.

Try clicking the L3 (maybe R3?) in order to zoom in with your visor.

Shady859

LttP
I understand they can't actually see each other but can 1 player see stuff disappearing as the other collects it? It would be pretty cool to leave behind empty barren planets.

It was a coordinated attempt. Not a random instance of "oh look we are in exactly the same place at exactly the same time".

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they are starting players off at the same spot in the galaxy.

Other than that, coordinated attempt or no, if what was said about the size of the galaxies, especially after the patch made them 10x larger, is true then the chances of meeting up, coordinated or not, this far from the center and this soon should be astronomical. I just don't believe that something isn't going on here.

But even then, if they really are spawning people so close together then why did Sean say what he did about the multiplayer stuff and it being so unlikely that anyone would meet up?

I don't want to believe that the path to the center of the galaxy is really a linear path.

Grakl

I don't want to beat a dead horse, and I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've never believed for a second they *did* implement such an infrastructure. It would pointless, as you said, and an almost irresponsible waste of time and resources for an indie dev to create such an infrastructure that would never be used.
Then why would they say "players can meet but almost 0% chance to"? Just don't say players can meet at all

daveo42

Banned
Any suggestions on getting a new multitool? I've yet to see a new one on any of the planets I've visited (5 total) and two different space stations. Got a ton of upgrades, but have yet to see a single new multitool.

Grakl

Any suggestions on getting a new multitool? I've yet to see a new one on any of the planets I've visited (5 total) and two different space stations. Got a ton of upgrades, but have yet to see a single new multitool.
I talked to some alien dude on a planey and he gave me one ez

Shy

I just opened my GOG Galaxy, and on the front store page there is a NMS countdown timer, saying it doesn't unlock until Friday 18:00 GMT.

I was hoping we would be able to a have a midnight launch. *sigh* Ohh well.

kevin1025

Banned
Try clicking the L3 (maybe R3?) in order to zoom in with your visor.

I tried that as well, they move in really bizarre patterns and leave the area super fast, so it seems like I can never get them in the right place to analyze. It's happened on two different planets now.

Dad

Some alien guy just handed me one on a space station. Only way I've been able to get a new one so far

daveo42

Banned
I talked to some alien dude on a planey and he gave me one ez

Some alien guy just handed me one on a space station. Only way I've been able to get a new one so far

Bah. I'm ready to move on from my pea shooter.

I tried that as well, they move in really bizarre patterns and leave the area super fast, so it seems like I can never get them in the right place to analyze. It's happened on two different planets now.

I had the same issue. Kept me from 100% a planet because I couldn't get it to scan. Super weird.

v1lla21

Aliens dude at a space station or when going into outposts and those base things with ships landing, check the wall for upgrades. I found my current multi-tool there.

Klyka

Banned
The one streamer has NAT type 3, so that is what is stopping them from being syncd up.

They are not understanding it, which is fine I guess, but anyway, this is bust and they sadly didn't manage to see each other.

kevin1025

Banned

I've warped seven times now and have come across three so far. One was offered to me by an alien, one was in an outpost, and one was in a trading post on a wall mount that you can buy.

Then why would they say "players can meet but almost 0% chance to"? Just don't say players can meet at all

For all we know, Sony/someone else was coaching him to avoid ever saying "you can't ever play with another person in this game, period." Even the statements about "probably not meeting someone" could be interpreted as "probably not coming across the same planets that someone else has."

In any case, there's never been a feature in a game as poorly communicated and explained as MP in NMS, and I feel like at some point they need to give a direct, clear explanation of what is and isn't possible. It's kind of astounding that we're on launch day and people still don't know this stuff.

Dubz

I've crashed about 6 times in 6 hours. The only thing not cool with this game so far. Hopefully they fix crash issues soon.

I've crashed about 6 times in 6 hours. The only thing not cool with this game so far. Hopefully they fix crash issues soon.

Yeah I haven't had crashes yet but honestly the amount they are happening to people is inexcusable for a launch state.

Hope they address it very quickly

After a shaky start when it crashed before the game had even properly started, I have to say this is quite brilliant. It's absolutely gorgeous and super chilled to play after a long day at work. The lack of excitement is its best asset.

Moa

Yeah I haven't had crashes yet but honestly the amount they are happening to people is inexcusable for a launch state.

Hope they address it very quickly

For those of us who made it through Halo: MCC's launch, this is a breeze.

Of course, still annoying being set back for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom