• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky "Path Finder" Content Update announced

This sounds so good after playing Horizon and making good use of its photo mode:

Players looking to capture their favorite moments can also use the new Photo Mode. This capture tool allows players to change the time of day, increase or decrease fog and cloud levels, unlock the camera to get the perfect angle, and even add filters to their captures.

Qwark

Oh dang, you can have multiple ships now? And that water hover craft? Oh man.

It wasn't the only thing, but many of the things like in that reddit list are minor things that can get scrapped in development, such is the nature of game development.

Some major things I agree people should be mad about:

- Spaceships with actual differences in handling etc.

I'm pretty sure this has been in the game since launch or near launch (Edit: Source). The ships do handle differently, mind you the difference is small. Though it seems like that will be changing a lot in this update.

Each ship and weapon in the game now has a specialization (such as combat, transport, scientist) and class (A, B, C and the extremely rare S). New types of offensive weapons have been added for interstellar ships and multi-tools, and now you can buy several ships and store them in your freighter.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Pro support, multiple vehicles, better graphics.

tumblr_lo9et1q9711qzbyhpo1_500.gif

Flipyap

Yes, so far. People have been bitching about it too, rightfully. I need to see orbit and REAL day/night cycles goddammit.
They'd need to add a system map feature or else it would make the game terribly confusing. Travel times would also become excessive without a major impulse/warp overhaul.

If it were any other game, I'd say it's not going to happen, but these two updates are so sizable, they make it seem like anything is possible...? They've been doing seriously good work since launch.

I REALLY hope the 3rd vehicle is an underwater water. PLEASE. Or the water one shown on the blog can go under the water too, that'd be even better lol.

belvedere

Junior Butler
It's refreshing to see people here are still optimistic about this game, unlike Reddit.

The opposite is true, no? Outside of the OT the only NMS talk you'll see here is reparations demands for the deep, emotional damage done to the people expecting Battlefield 1 on Saturn.

Reddit has been very positive after the initial moderator controversy.

• PlayStation 4 Pro Compatibility
  • Better graphics
  • Possibility of having multiple ships
  • Share bases online
  • New vehicle: Exocraft
  • Permadeath mode
  • Build race circuits for vehicles
  • Ships and classes specializations
  • Shop / Merchants
  • Duplication of the variety in terms of the construction of the base
  • Multi-tool specialization and classes
  • New weapon modes
  • Photo Mode
  • Discovery Menu
  • Improvements in the quality of life
  • 50% more original music than 65daysofstatic

Damn.

Woah.

What I'm excited the most is the 50% more 65daysofstatic music and photomode.

Well, to be honest, I'm excited about them still updating the game. I find No Man's Sky a nice experience, a nice game to play just to explore, wander and discover, and I think still has a huge potential that can be reached with updates, something they've confirmed they're working on.

5taquitos

What I'm excited the most is the 50% more 65daysofstatic music and photomode.

I'm curious about that, and if it's just a mistranslation, but it says

"50% more original music than 65daysofstatic" (emphasis mine).

This makes me think that they are adding new music but it's not by 65dos.

If you keep beating a dead corpse with a stick, its not gonna come back to life...unless its some sort of voodoo witchcraft.

They should have cancelled the game and released it sometime later this year, instead of releasing a crappy beta.

xptoxyz

I'm curious about that, and if it's just a mistranslation, but it says

"50% more original music than 65daysofstatic" (emphasis mine).

This makes me think that they are adding new music but it's not by 65dos.

I think that's just someone's bad Spanish to English translation

original "leaked" post:
Un 50 % más de música original de 65daysofstatic

Top Bottom