• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Playstation Site Updated [1080p Shots]

Oh my god. When can I have it?

This has to be one of my most anticipated games at this point. There haven't been enough space adventure games in recent years, and now we're getting this and Rebel Galaxy.

deadstar72

Neo Member
Ugh, just hook it into my veins. If this does release this year I don't know how I'm going to find time to play anything else

We've already seen what procedural generation has done for roguelikes and such, I wonder how this game's release will effect the development of open-world titles going forward. Can you imagine a game like Fallout that let you explore a game world with 10x as much area, as the designers focused on just a few hubs and let the wasteland take care of itself?

it wouldn't be able to render that in VR
Since you're totally played it and are a hardware engineer on top, right? And I assume you mean "for VR"? Don't bullshit this stuff. It's already been on Sony's Mopheus list though I suppose it could theoretically get taken off.

PC version duh VR is going to be possible.

Trickster

They really need to explain how this game actually works at this E3. They've been even more vague than Bungie was with Destiny so far.

I'm slowly getting more and more excited for this. I really wasn't that interested at first but if the game is actually as good as it sounds like it's supposed to be then it could really be amazing.

Even if it sucks my son would probably love something like this anyway assuming it isn't too difficult.

They really need to explain how this game actually works at this E3. They've been even more vague than Bungie was with Destiny so far.

I'm assuming it's completely open world in a procedurally-generated universe. I expect the story to be pretty minimal. Almost Journey-like in a way. This is going to be mostly about the individual player experience.

drotahorror

Really hope the combat isn't garbage. Flying around and shooting ships and whatnot should be easily doable, but this first person combat on the ground? Dunno about that, I bet it'll look awkward as all hell fighting creatures on foot. Most games that are similar to this (resource gathering, exploring, usually things seen in survival games) have horrible combat.

I'm optimistic though, hype for this for sure.

tahsutify

What do you actually do in this game? Is it just mindless roaming?

Basically nothing is known about it, that is never a good sign.

Will never understand the hype for this game. Seems like something you'd play for 20 minutes then set down forever.

Marketing machine is strong for this game.

legacyzero

Banned
GODDAMN!!

no-mans-sky-normal-hegfo0n.jpg

PS4 and PC-only as far as we know. If there's some kind of timed-exclusivity deal going on, no one's been privy to it yet.
hmm...

I myself did not give it a full listen, but apparently according to this podcast, when sean murray was asked about an xbone port, he said he wasn't allowed to talk about it [at this time]. the key thing to me here is that he didn't say no. if an xbone port wasn't eventual, they wouldn't want or need to hide it.

What do you actually do in this game? Is it just mindless roaming?

Basically nothing is known about it, that is never a good sign.
Assuming the game comes up a lot during E3, saying stuff like this is probably going to turn into a bannable offense on a case by case basis. The "go to" derogatory memes traditionally all are eventually. Saying "M$" the past few years is one example. Just a kindly warning.
Why do people keep saying crap like this? It's just not true.
Oh please. You already know the actual answer to that question.

Top Bottom