• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes Interview on IGN Exitement Total!

Grecco

Didnt see it psoted

http://wii.ign.com/articles/749/749899p1.html

IGN: So how exactly are you going to find the bosses in the game? Will you have to fight through minions or will it just be the boss? Will it be GTA-Style?

Suda: First, Heroes is a free-roaming game, so you can move wherever you want freely. It's very different from Killer 7, which was very linear. The map represents the west coast of America, namely California, but it's set in a small town. You can ride in a car, or in a bike, or whatever, it's pretty free and open.

IGN: Why did you choose the Wii for Heroes?

Suda: People will probably buy the Wii and play family games like Wii Sports, so we decided to develop Heroes for the Wii because gamers might get tired of the family games eventually. Also, people who are going to buy the Wii are interested in trying something different, something that's an extraordinary action game.

ivysaur12

Banned
Suda wins today, sounds awesome.

But please, make the graphics above Gamecube level. Please.

Suda51 said:
If we made games for the PS3 or 360, it'd require a huge budget.

Bububu isn't Grasshoper developing a PS3 game?!

ellusions

IGN: For Heroes, the trailer had a ranking from 11 until 1. How is the game being designed? Is it a mission-based game or a sandbox-style game?

Suda: The goal of the game is to defeat all ten hitmen, so there are ten boss battles in the game. But yes, it is mission-based.

IGN: So will it be 8 - 10 levels or something?

Suda: There will be a main map with ten stages to select from across it.

IGN: So how exactly are you going to find the bosses in the game? Will you have to fight through minions or will it just be the boss? Will it be GTA-Style?

Suda: First, Heroes is a free-roaming game, so you can move wherever you want freely. It's very different from Killer 7, which was very linear. The map represents the west coast of America, namely California, but it's set in a small town. You can ride in a car, or in a bike, or whatever, it's pretty free and open.

Sounds good!

SOUNds AWESOME!

11430010.jpg

ant1532

Banned
wasn't excepted from first trailer. But pics and this interview made me change my mind. I'll be buyin it. If it's good.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
Bububu isn't Grasshoper developing a PS3 game?!
We knew from the beginning that his PS3 game was only a concept at the time yet in more recent interviews he's confirmed more games for Wii, I doubt they'd have resources for both so yeah.

LJS9502_basic said:
Wait...isn't Suda51 working on a PS3 game and an unrevealed title with Hideo Kojima?
We don't even know for sure if he actually made the deal with Kojima for any game on any system.

mug

LJS9502_basic said:
Wait...isn't Suda51 working on a PS3 game and an unrevealed title with Hideo Kojima?
I believe that was just a rumor that had started at a press conference, nothing confirmed.

IGN: Killer 7 was on the GC, and Heroes is on the Wii, is Suda51 a big fan of Nintendo and its mission statement to make games that are accessible to everyone?

Did they just talk to Suda like they would if they were patronizing a fat child. like "O Jimmy likes his icecream doesn't he?"

Vard

Father_Mike said:
IGN: Killer 7 was on the GC, and Heroes is on the Wii, is Suda51 a big fan of Nintendo and its mission statement to make games that are accessible to everyone?

Did they just talk to Suda like they would if they were patronizing a fat child. like "O Jimmy likes his icecream doesn't he?"

:lol Yeah, I wonder what's up with that.

Pretty informative interview overall. I'm kind of worried about the fate of that Kafka-inspired PS3 game Kurayama of his and the collaboration project with Kojima though. Hopefully those two also come into existence.

(According to that Wiki article I linked to, Suda hinted that the Project 'S' game with Kojima will be the next game he makes.)

Terrell

Father_Mike said:

IGN has a penchant for talking to 3rd-parties like that when they choose to support Nintendo over their competitors. Y'know, they assume the developer has taken a blow to the head, basically, and it usually blows up in their face when they try that.

jj984jj

Vard said:
:lol Yeah, I wonder what's up with that.

Pretty informative interview overall. I'm kind of worried about the fate of that Kafka-inspired PS3 game Kurayama of his and the collaboration project with Kojima though. Hopefully those two also come into existence.

(According to that Wiki article I linked to, Suda hinted that the Project 'S' game with Kojima will be the next game he makes.)
It was never a game, it was a concept confirmed to be put on hold. And Suda never spoke of a deal with Kojima outside of Hide-chan radio, we don't even know if anything came out of it.

Huh. Controls strike me as pretty similar to Zelda's.

I just hope they bump up the graphics a bit. There's really no reason it should look like that.

Vard

jj984jj said:
It was never a game, it was a concept confirmed to be put on hold. And Suda never spoke of a deal with Kojima outside of Hide-chan radio, we don't even know if anything came out of it.

Yeah, but hopefully they're not just concepts and come into existence as games.

jj984jj

Grecco

agree, just looking at the game makes me feel sleepy.

Ive seen some bad trolling, but this is probably bottom of the barrel caliber. Step it up a notch, go write some original material. Come back when you get some new ideas.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Father_Mike said:

No, actually, I was talking to the translator at the time, that's why it says that.

Zynx

Flakster99 said:
The news keeps getting better and better.
I think so too.

It's not easy to pull off a polished free-roaming game, but this has potential. The art style is unique, and I hope the game mechanics (most important to me, along with level/enemy design) are fun. It seems Nintendo is more open to Japanese smaller devhouses than Western ones though? The western requirement seems to be 'have a signed publisher', which leads to difficulties, but these guys are saying "Nintendo supports developers a lot".

F#A#Oo

Banned
Zynx said:
I think so too.

It's not easy to pull off a polished free-roaming game, but this has potential. The art style is unique, and I hope the game mechanics (most important to me, along with level/enemy design) are fun. It seems Nintendo is more open to Japanese smaller devhouses than Western ones though? The western requirement seems to be 'have a signed publisher', which leads to difficulties, but these guys are saying "Nintendo supports developers a lot".

Japanese developer>>>>>>>>American developer...

ethelred

Zynx said:
I think so too.

Huh? How is Nintendo being open to Grasshopper? They're not involved here at all. Grasshopper HAS a publisher -- MMV and Spike.

Top Bottom