• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again: Robin is not reprising the voice of Travis

TrueBlue

"You gotta be shitting me!"

RAD nailed almost every line for Travis. I think he is for Travis what Hayter was for Snake.

Tbf the new guy isn't bad at all - though the website trailer makes the differences a little more apparent.

But still, I hope Suda reconsiders - or if whatever issue has caused the change to be rectified.

They fooled me, didn't realize it was someone different and that's not the norm for me. It'll probably be a lot more noticeable over the course of a full game though. Sucks but that's the cost of a strike.

mas8705

So... Who was the guy voicing Travis in the trailer? Don't get me wrong, I was fooled into thinking that the original VA reprises his role, and I'm shocked to find out he isn't. I would like to think that perhaps the new VA will be able to channel what made us love Travis as a character (and hope it doesn't go too far off the edge).

NotLiquid

So... Who was the guy voicing Travis in the trailer? Don't get me wrong, I was fooled into thinking that the original VA reprises his role, and I'm shocked to find out he isn't. I would like to think that perhaps the new VA will be able to channel what made us love Travis as a character (and hope it doesn't go too far off the edge).

That's the thing, no one's come out to claim being the new VA. I don't think anyone's identified Badman's voice either.

fv8ys0m.png
What's weird is we do have credits for the Voice Production company and casting/directing but no actual names for the voice talents themselves. That kinda strikes me as suspect. In-house VAs for the time being?

Twookie

Travis in the new video sounds like Quinton Flynn to me, although I must say I did not notice that they changed VO the first time I watched it (partly due to the awful mixing in the trailer)

Damn, so it's official... I hope that was only for the trailer, maybe he will be contacted now?

Kinda impressed by the new actor, he fooled me good, had to watch the trailer many times before noticing somethin' changed with the voice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Travis in the new video sounds like Quinton Flynn to me, although I must say I did not notice that they changed VO the first time I watched it (partly due to the awful mixing in the trailer)

Tbh i only watched the trailer once and it was muted then you name called Quinton Flynn and i looked it up on his twitter and...

2017-09-0220_48_31-twe4q61.png

Holy shit, Raiden is Travis new VA!?

mcmmaster

Being one that respects the quality and hardwork voice actors put into bringing characters to life, this is enough of a reason to not support the game.

Seriously disappointing. Robin's previous work really captures Travis.

Sn4ke_911

FTFY

That'd be weird.

Oh dang so wait Flynn already voiced a charater in the NMH series.

I never played those games so this is interesting, either that Henry guy is back or Flynn is voicing Travis.

Hmm...

13ruce

Banned
Tbh i only watched the trailer once and it was muted then you name called Quinton Flynn and i looked it up on his twitter and...

2017-09-0220_48_31-twe4q61.png

Holy shit, Raiden is Travis new VA!?

If it really is him then amaxing he is top tier too Raiden from MGS and Axel from KH are top performances got it memorized?

Yeah. Flynn voiced Sir Henry Motherfucker.

Disappointing to hear Downes won't be back, but the voice actor in the trailer did seem to suit the character pretty well.

Well Quinton Flynn already voices another No More Heroes character.

That being said
those two characters having the same voice isn't unreasonable.

The confusion about if this is strike related shows how useless the strike is. The actors can and are replaced on a regular basis outside of strikes, no matter what character they play...so how does refusing to work give you any leverage?

Sn4ke_911

Okay i watched the trailer now with headset on and tbh i don't think that is Quinton Flynn...

I tend more to saying that Sir Henry dude is coming back.

Deft Beck

Robin also voices the Medic in TF2. From what I remember reading, he's a fairly pricey VA, so they didn't often hire him due to the expense. Contrast that with how often Scout received new lines.

mas8705

Wait... You mean the man who was
Sir Henry Motherf***er
might be our Travis Touchdown?!

I would be more shocked of this, but then the games have said that they are
twin brothers
after all, so I guess I can't be too shocked if this is the actual revelation.

This one hits hard. I've got his back, I won't buy if its not Robin.

Come on now, whoever did Travis' voice in the trailer is nailing the character down pretty hard. I was sure it was Robin until people on here said it wasn't.

Not buying the game because of this is real petty. It comes across as if you never really were interested in the game anyway.

I mean, of course I'd be excited if he came back to voice Travis for a third time. But as I said, the other guy is doing a great job already.

EDIT: Apparently Quinton Flynn voices him? Well then, I see no problems at all. Quinton is a great VA and his regular voice isn't that much different from Robin's anyway.

EDIT2: People also might forget that Travis once had a very different voice before NMH1 was released.

Yousefb

Did this guy play Batman in Arkham Origins? If so, he was awesome! Was a suitable replacement for Conroy, imo.

Yousefb

I think that's Roger Craig Smith - who also voices Sonic and Chris Redfield - you're thinking of.
Ahh, yes you're right! Oh well, I still support Robin on this. I was bummed when Hayter was replaced as Snake. I am not as attached to Travis but it's still a shame.

105.Will

IT BECAUSE ITS NOT TRAVIS AT ALL!!!!
Kidding, but you cant put it past Suda. Edit: The costume change is suspicious...

So he's a clone of Travis that lives in a trailer rather than a motel which is why this isn't called NMH3!

I know that you're joking but...Suda did say this was a Kill The Past game, so there may be some fuckery about. And considering Flower, Sun & Rain (another Suda51 directed game) dealt with clones...this wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

GoldStarz

Even if it is a strike thing, they could've done what whoever's doing the new LiS did when they couldn't get Ashly Burch. They got her to help choose her replacement so Cloe would at least sound as close as possible to how she sounded in the first game.

But here though it sounds like they didn't even talk to Robin Atkin Downes.

Except Ashly Burch stepped up to take that responsibility due to an attachment to the role. Not saying that Downes might not have a similar attachment, but it sounds like she was the one who took initiative there.

That's the thing, no one's come out to claim being the new VA. I don't think anyone's identified Badman's voice either.

What's weird is we do have credits for the Voice Production company and casting/directing but no actual names for the voice talents themselves. That kinda strikes me as suspect. In-house VAs for the time being?

I'm pretty sure it's non-union. Makes sense since they're probably keeping the budget tight, but at the same time it's such a bummer. Robin IS Travis. After all this time, when the whole selling point is his big comeback, bringing him back with a new VA is just weird. Dead Rising 4 all over again.

Also before that point of conversation gets too out of control this isn't strike-related. Rocketsound and Grasshopper aren't among the struck companies. If they're going non-union it's for budget reasons. Killer is Dead was non-union too.

It's really common to assume every recast as of late is due to the strike when that's so far only been true in a small number of cases.

Hero

I forget, is the voice actor strike legit or not? It's been going on so damn long I forget what it's all over.

I forget, is the voice actor strike legit or not? It's been going on so damn long I forget what it's all over.

It's legit, and essentially a lot of video games (affected by the strike primarily) over the next 2 years will not have union voice actors.

It's legit but this case has nothing to do with it. Only a handful of companies are being struck and none of them are involved with this game.

Top Bottom