• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No new SFV character?

Son Of D

Capcom being slow again. Chances are it's a stealth release or the character will be announced on Monday to release on Tuesday.

Sayad

Combo Breaker ends tomorrow and they have been teasing an announcement there after the tournament. Remember, we got Alex on 30th(or was 31st?!), there's still hope. :|

ViolentP

max01.jpg

scott01.jpg

Neoxon

Expect news tomorrow at Combo Breaker right before the SFV Grand Finals, with the release of the character on Tuesday. It'll probably be either Ibuki or Balrog.

Neoxon

We already know all of the characters coming this year.
  • Alex (Street Fighter III: New Generation, already out as of March)
  • Guile (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, already out as of April)
  • Ibuki (Street Fighter III: New Generation, likely out either this month or in July)
  • Balrog (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, likely out either this month or in July)
  • Juri (Super Street Fighter IV, likely out in August)
  • Urien (Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, likely out in September)

That being said, Capcom did release some concept art of Akuma's redesign for his possible inclusion in Street Fighter V (likely in Wave 2).

gouki00.jpg

Village

• Ibuki (Street Fighter III: New Generation, likely out either this month or in July)
  • Balrog (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, likely out either this month or in July)

That being said, Capcom did release some concept art of Akuma's redesign for his possible inclusion in Street Fighter V (likely in Wave 2).

gouki00.jpg

Give me that akuma now

GenoScreams

Neo Member
Why do people think it might be Ibuki and not Balrog? All we have to go on right now is the order of the characters in the image Capcom released, as far as I'm aware. Alex first, Guile, second, Balrog would be next. Unless the order is actually meaningless, and then wouldn't we have the same chance of getting Jurien as we do Ibuki?

KAL2006

Banned
It's obviously Balrog and it makes sense as Balrog will feature in sorry mode in June after all story mode is all about Shadolo

Neoxon

Why do people think it might be Ibuki and not Balrog? All we have to go on right now is the order of the characters in the image Capcom released, as far as I'm aware. Alex first, Guile, second, Balrog would be next. Unless the order is actually meaningless, and then wouldn't we have the same chance of getting Jurien as we do Ibuki?
Ibuki was listed before Balrog on both the PlayStation Store & Steam Shop descriptions of the Season Pass, as well as this 2016 DLC schedule.

BiggNife

yeah, it's absolutely absurd they haven't even said anything yet. It's May 28!!!!

I get that there's probably gonna be a reveal tomorrow but still holy shit that's cutting it super close

Neoxon

yeah, it's absolutely absurd they haven't even said anything yet. It's May 28!!!!

I get that there's probably gonna be a reveal tomorrow but still holy shit that's cutting it super close
I mean, I like that Capcom's actually doing the reveal at a tournament this time (one that should be a CPT Premiere Event next year), but I do agree that it's cutting it a bit too close.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No one has said that the characters would be released specifically in any order, right? It could just be coincidence that Guile followed Alex.

And the reveal at Combo Breaker could also be an announcement for something in June. Keep the expectations low, brehs. Always works out better that way.

Neoxon

No one has said that the characters would be released specifically in any order, right? It could just be coincidence that Guile followed Alex.
Another excellent point, it could be Urien for all we know (Capcom pls). But if it ends up being Ibuki or Balrog, we know which listing to follow for the release order for the Wave 1 characters.

DR2K

Banned
This has been especially bad form for Capcom with its handling of SFV. They've set out a road map for this content, and have barely been able to follow it. May is almost over and we don't even know who the next character is or when they'll release that content. No pictures, no video, no transparency at all if the content might be delayed. Just a possibility of maybe showing something the last Sunday of the month. Who the fuck is running this shit and thinking this is a good idea? There's nothing more frustrating than watching your favorite series being handled so poorly.

Pompadour

This has been especially bad form for Capcom with its handling of SFV. They've set out a road map for this content, and have barely been able to follow it. May is almost over and we don't even know who the next character is or when they'll release that content. No pictures, no video, no transparency at all if the content might be delayed. Just a possibility of maybe showing something the last Sunday of the month. Who the fuck is running this shit and thinking this is a good idea? There's nothing more frustrating than watching your favorite series being handled so poorly.

I don't know how you can say they have "barely" been able to follow their road map considering all it says is we'll get a character in those months and, so far, they've followed it exactly.

I highly doubt they will ever not make their monthly DLC character release because that clearly isn't the issue (a Capcom rep said Balrog was basically done prior to release). What their issue is and why they are hesitant on releasing any info about the upcoming update is that they're trying desperately to get their Zenny Shop up and running. People got pissed in May when they announced Alex mid-month but then released him at the last moment which was due to them not being able to get the Zenny shop working. Clearly they're having the same problem so they just decided to maintain radio silence until either 1) they know it's going to work or 2) it's too late and they need to release the character for the month.

gouki00.jpg
So weird that he looks so different in V when canonically it takes place before III, where Akuma looks like this:

And the reveal at Combo Breaker could also be an announcement for something in June. Keep the expectations low, brehs. Always works out better that way.

I remember all of the leaks had everyone certain Juri was on the main roster then Capcom released the Gief trailer. Expectations are the worst enemy when it comes to SFV.

I don't know how you can say they have "barely" been able to follow their road map considering all it says is we'll get a character in those months and, so far, they've followed it exactly.

The updates have been basically at the end of the month and announced a few days prior. That sounds like "barely" to me. It is technically monthly but most of the month is total silence.

Top Bottom