• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No new SFV character?

Platy

No, that was a thing Ono said.

Also its a video game character and it doesn't matter. She's whatever you want her to be.

Which is a cool way to say "I don't want to see more minorities in games"

Canon minorities are important, SPECIALY to who does not want them to be minorities

Csr

I doubt Capcom cares about minorities one way or the other, they probably think that she can appeal to more people when people are not sure what is up with her.

Raitaro

Good morning!

So it was Ibuki afterall. She looks quite cool, except for her shoes that imo look like they don't really match the rest ofher outfit.

I'm also not sure to what degree this counts as a surprise, seeing as we knew a DLC character was due this month. Maybe the surprise is that they found a way to get even closer to the end of a month this time?

Sagat wasn't one of the confirmed DLC characters so sounds like complete bullshit.

Sagat out of nowhere? LOL

Some Sagat fan's wishful thinking, probably trying to get people to expect and demand Sagat.

Plus why even have Sagat when you can have Sakura if you're going to bring in another shoto character?

She has much more to do with both Karin & Ryu storywise than Sagat does, not to mention that he's not one of the four kings of Shadaloo anymore, so what's the point of him returning other than fan popularity & wanting to fight Ryu? It's just like with characters such as Dhalsim & Zangief in which they don't have a real reason to be back at all.

vulva

Which is a cool way to say "I don't want to see more minorities in games"

Canon minorities are important, SPECIALY to who does not want them to be minorities
Why are you putting words in someone else's mouth? Not caring about canon, character story etc in a fighting game isn't a wild concept. You can make your fight about inclusion and the importance of diversity and minorities in games, but because someone else just genuinely doesn't care doesn't mean they want them out of the game.

I do t know how Skab actually feels, nothing said has really told me, but bullshit like what you just said doesn't help foster intelligent or progressive discussions. You just painted a picture of what that person is, for yourself, and then narrow mindedly turned them in to a villain based on presumptions and not discussion.

leroidys

They should bring back Sodom, but instead of a 90s weabo caricature, reimagine him as a 2010s gamer caricature. Huge neckbeard with a fedora, won't shut up about gamergate and says crapcom all the time, scouring the world for limited edition body pillows.

What do you guys think?

They should bring back Sodom, but instead of a 90s weabo caricature, reimagine him as a 2010s gamer caricature. Huge neckbeard with a fedora, won't shut up about gamergate and says crapcom all the time, scouring the world for limited edition body pillows.

What do you guys think?

Can't wait to see the V-TRIGGERED

Mediking

take this with a gigantic spoon of salt.

So my sources just hit me up.
Capcom is delaying the May Update and fusing it with the June Update.
June Update will include:
Ibuki
Balrog
Sagat
Cinematic Story Mode
Zenny Shop
Compensation Gift for the delay and major problems with SFV at launch up till now (Which should be Sagat, Stage and some kind of outfits).

This is awesome!!! Please be true!!!

Varth

There are more than a hundred characters for the artist to draw, and the profiles aren't seen outside of a website. I don't think high quality art is the point of them.

It's not like they were forced to push this out for a tourney too. They could have named an official artist for the project out of the many that worked on the franchise in years months ago, or have him unveil a new lot of characters every now and then and gather some visibility too.

Also, lore and the art it's wrapped in it's a huge part of the appeal of FG for me and so many others, so yea, it's kind of a point. Exactly as the Overwatch shorts have a point in building the characters, even if they're totally unrelated to the actual game.

nobody wants Sagat to come back

N O B O D Y

4fqKuQP.png

Ryce

It's not like they were forced to push this out for a tourney too. They could have named an official artist for the project out of the many that worked on the franchise in years months ago, or have him unveil a new lot of characters every now and then and gather some visibility too.

Also, lore and the art it's wrapped in it's a huge part of the appeal of FG for me and so many others, so yea, it's kind of a point. Exactly as the Overwatch shorts have a point in building the characters, even if they're totally unrelated to the actual game.
Good art takes a long time to produce. The current approach is the only practical way of profiling the literally hundreds of secondary and tertiary characters in the Street Fighter universe. You're not going to get Bengus to draw the extended Matsuda family or Dudley's butler in his usual style. It would take him years to finish all of the characters, and it would be very costly.

There are a lot of things regarding Street Fighter V worth complaining about, but free unadvertised character art on a website shouldn't be one of them. You might not personally like the art style, but it serves its purpose.

Top Bottom