• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No new SFV character?

Past

Wow, the replying Tweets are absurd. "How dare they only announce the character 2 days before release instead of 10?!" Man, it doesn't matter how close the announcement and content are, as long as the content is good and comes out in a timely fashion. How unreasonable can you be?

Lol you should see the comments on GAF every time Sony is "late" at announcing the PS+ games.

As stated in previous threads, Capcom would be better off by just adding random fights & a difficulty toggle to the Character Stories (& maybe a bonus stage) than making an entirely separate Arcade Mode. It'd save them the trouble of having to draw new endings & bringing the voice actors back to the recording booth, plus it would fill the void left by Arcade Mode. They'd get the same result with less work.

That being said, the random fights would have to take place in the appropriate stages for each character's story. For example, before Rashid fights Ryu at Forgotten Waterfall, he has to fight a randomized set from the rest of the cast who don't have specific scenarios in Rashid's story.

No. I want a proper intro and outro before and after each fights (in engine like online fights), best of 3 with score breakdown after each match

And get a real artist / animator for beginning and ending cinematic. Not that deviantart level crap in story mode

Acerac

Banned
So is it safe to assume that Rufus, Blanka, and Akuma are in our Season 2 offerings? :/

Nah, there are tons of characters up now.

tkOaY9v.jpg

Cody with broken handcuffs is WAY too strong to be part of the Street Fighter cast, for example.

Ryce

There aren't many playable characters left without official profiles:

E. Honda
Fei Long
T. Hawk
Dee Jay
Dan
Rolento
Sakura
Juni
Juli
Evil Ryu
Gill
Twelve
Abel
C. Viper
Hakan
Oni
Decapre

Neoxon

No. I want a proper intro and outro before and after each fights (in engine like online fights), best of 3 with score breakdown after each match

And get a real artist / animator for beginning and ending cinematic. Not that deviantart level crap in story mode
That could easily be added to the Character Stories. The rest are just fluff, & would also require Capcom to get the voice actors back (another unnecessary expense). I still believe that modifying the Character Stories to be closer to Arcade Mode is the best, & easiest, course of action. What most casuals seem to want, beyond the incoming Cinematic Story Mode, is a mode to just go through a gauntlet of characters. That can easily be provided by doing the mentioned edits to the Character Stories.

As for the artist, the artist for Story Mode is Bengus (though he was rushed).

Platy

There aren't many playable characters left without official profiles:

E. Honda
Fei Long
T. Hawk
Dee Jay
Dan
Rolento
Sakura
Juni
Juli
Evil Ryu
Gill
Twelve
Abel
C. Viper
Hakan
Oni
Decapre

They have a Poison profile ?
I would love to see a link for that

Daft Punk

Banned

This is why SFV didn't sell gentlemen. No proper intro and outro for each fight. Smh

Csr

You're gonna have to wait at least a year for Akuma.

As for more pressing matters, here's what we can expect from Ibuki & Balrog whenever they come out.

A year?
Season 1 ends in september we don't know what happens after that.

Rudiano

Banned
So is the reason on why we have to wait so long for Akuma (probably a year) because Capcom had a deal with Namco to use him in Tekken 7? maybe trying to bring the SF players over to Tekken using this strategy

Son Of D

A year?

Highly doubt they'll go straight into Season 2. Probably have a few months focusing on smaller quality of life updates, content patches and balance patches.

Pompadour

Highly doubt they'll go straight into Season 2. Probably have a few months focusing on smaller quality of life updates, content patches and balance patches.

I'm thinking/hoping Season 2 starts in January and runs the full year, meaning it'll be a little more expansive than what we got with Season 1. Six characters a year is fine but I'd like eight if I can wish.

Varth

FFS, with all the artists that worked on SF producing Wonderful art, why DID they use such awful style for the profiles?

smh Capcom.

Csr

Maybe a couple of months, i don't see them delaying any longer considering that the game's population is decreasing rapidly.
Still the point was that we don't know how long the wait for akuma is, anything else is guesswork.

blackflag

take this with a gigantic spoon of salt.

So my sources just hit me up.
Capcom is delaying the May Update and fusing it with the June Update.
June Update will include:
Ibuki
Balrog
Sagat
Cinematic Story Mode
Zenny Shop
Compensation Gift for the delay and major problems with SFV at launch up till now (Which should be Sagat, Stage and some kind of outfits).

Fucking lol. Need a spoon the size of the moon

As expected

"She looks beautiful, but her big sister vibe and her somewhat mannish personality have left her true nature shrouded in mystery."

Fuck you Capcom for managing to have both transphobia and trans erasure at the same time

Oh wow, that's pretty nasty of them. Yeesh.

Blueblur1

Ibuki
Balrog
Sagat
Cinematic Story Mode
Zenny Shop
Compensation Gift for the delay and major problems with SFV at launch up till now (Which should be Sagat, Stage and some kind of outfits).

That doesn't seem likely given that they've been barely releasing the scheduled characters on-time. I could see them merging updates together but just May's character and June's cinematic story mode with bug fixes & minor frame data changes.

If they have or will add aditional dev resources to SFV soon we likely won't see those results bare fruit for another 6 months.

KingBroly

Banned

Ibuki
Balrog
Sagat
Cinematic Story Mode
Zenny Shop

right...if they wanted to give some kind of compensation to early adopters, it'd have been Guile's Stage. They couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Maligna

Banned
Specialy because her being "mannish" makes absolutly NO SENSE with ANY depiction of Poison. She is like the most feminine USF4 character =P

I'm guessing the "mannish" attribute they are calling out is how aggressive she is. Still bullshit.

Specialy because her being "mannish" makes absolutly NO SENSE with ANY depiction of Poison. She is like the most feminine USF4 character =P
That's a fan translation of the profile. Hopefully the official one will use more appropriate language.

Ryce

FFS, with all the artists that worked on SF producing Wonderful art, why DID they use such awful style for the profiles?

smh Capcom.
There are more than a hundred characters for the artist to draw, and the profiles aren't seen outside of a website. I don't think high quality art is the point of them.

I was thinking when they said mannish, she definitely has an alpha-type personality. She bosses Hugo around and is in charge of making decisions in the partnership. She is also the type to talk smack before going at it,in 3rd Strike she even says something and walks off before Hugo gives someone else the work.

edit: And yea these are fan translated, so I'm unsure of what it says in japanese.

Why are people saying Ibuki is up next? They've been following the order in this image exactly, what makes you think this month will be different?
dlcsc-noscale.jpg

Mugaaz

Why are some of the characters, like Seth, *hidden* on the capcom website? There is no direct way to access them from the site that I see other than typing in the url.

Son Of D

Why are some of the characters, like Seth, *hidden* on the capcom website? There is no direct way to access them from the site that I see other than typing in the url.

Probably just put up the images up early ready so it's easier to update the site when needed.

So weird that he looks so different in V when canonically it takes place before III, where Akuma looks like this:

It's safe to assume III is retconned at this point (not entirely though, more like the way Alpha 3 retconned Alpha 2, and the way 3rd Strike retconned 2nd Impact).

Neoxon

Why are people saying Ibuki is up next? They've been following the order in this image exactly, what makes you think this month will be different?
dlcsc-noscale.jpg
Because not too long after, both the 2016 DLC Road Map & the Season Pass description had Ibuki before Balrog.

KingJ2002

Yeah... i'm expecting balrog and considering they have today till the 31st to release him... i'm still hopeful that it will happen.

Next month I expect the story mode and ibuki.

and a arcade mode solution between now and the time urien is released since it was never a part of the original plan for the game.

Shauni

Yeah... i'm expecting balrog and considering they have today till the 31st to release him... i'm still hopeful that it will happen.

and a arcade mode solution between now and the time urien is released since it was never a part of the original plan for the game.

No character in June.

Neoxon

There is no character next month. June's mainly for the Cinematic Story Mode.

Neoxon

A year?
What Lucas said.
Though I'm not expecting a huge balance update until after the Capcom Cup. The months leading up to the start of Wave 2 in (probably) February or March 2017 will likely be for additional modes & whatnot.

As expected

"She looks beautiful, but her big sister vibe and her somewhat mannish personality have left her true nature shrouded in mystery."

Fuck you Capcom for managing to have both transphobia and trans erasure at the same time

i hope you know that's not an official translation

Raitaro

That's it, I'm off to bed. Come tomorrow, the US gaffers here will hopefully know and be discussing how awesome Ibuki/Balrog is looking, or even better, how unbelievable it is for that "May update postponed to become bigger June + free Sagat update" rumor to be actually true.

That or that Capcom sucks for ruining Ibuki/Balrog or not delivering any surprising news at all.

See you guys tomorrow!

Top Bottom