• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

HUELEN10

Guys, I just thought of something...

The reward for getting Mario Kart 8 physically was better than platinum.

How does that make you feel?

I'd be done with this if I wasn't 100 points shy of platinum. I would have loved to get Earthbound. Gold got the shaft this year.

I'm just glad that I didn't buy anything early specifically to get coins.

If they are completely phasing out physical rewards, I'll be really disappointing.

Pikma

Banned
I swear, everytime I fucking try to redeem a code I get that shitty Wario page, now I'm stuck because I can't redeem it again and the email never got sent, thanks NoA...

Sora_N

Guys, I just thought of something...

The reward for getting Mario Kart 8 physically was better than platinum.

How does that make you feel?

Yeah you only have to spend $50-60 bucks and you got a game worth almost the same price. Fuck you Nintendo. I don't own a WiiU. :( I spent way more than $50-60 to get the Platinum status, I don't think that DK is not worth it but I was hoping for a neat physical reward instead.

1474.gif

This is the last time i'll care about Nintendo club, I'd be better off buying whatever reward they put out on Ebay. WTF is this shit Nintendo? What's the use, I don't have a 3DS and all the WIIU games i already own.

Unbelievable.

As soon as I have confirmation that it's possible to give away the download code to someone else, I'll oblige. I'd probably price-match any offer you could find for these games elsewhere, too.

You can. Once you redeem for a digital game, all that happens is that a download code is sent to you. Anyone can use that download code.

I wonder if you still get digital deluxe credit with a Wii U game.

Yes.

All in all I spent around 230 dollars in software (which I enjoyed) and got a 35 dollar game for free. I would have preferred more options, but it wasn't too bad for me.

To try and look at a silver lining. You still have 300-600+ coins to spend *looks at prizes*...maybe in 2 years time there will be something worthwhile...maybe.

I'm sure the Mario 3D world Soundtrack will nonsensically be part of new Wii U basic bundle like what happened to the Mario Galaxy OST.

So is this in addition to the Club Nintendo we've got over here in Europe?
No this is the American version. The European version never had any such elite membership rewards.
I should mention, I know it's technically "free", since you're not paying anything more for the games so anything reward-related is basically a bonus, but there is a decent amount of time/effort that goes into registering these things, and it doesn't help that other regions [such as Japan] get much better rewards.
Japan is the only other region to get elite membership rewards. Sure Europe got some of the actual prizes but spend 7000 stars is not the same thing as earn 600 coins.

If we are talking in general, for now I agree. I don't know why the rewards have gone to shit in America over the last 12 months.

This explanation doesn't work when you consider that Japan and Europe still have several physical awards on their websites.
Different parts of Nintendo have different budgets. It might be the opposite of being too successful in America so costing too much.

To be frank much of the European stuff was PR material (you might not remember the Nintendogs Dog Kennel or the Wii fit Flip Flops and armbands) or hand me downs from other parts of the company (e.g. the Mario statue, Game & Watch Ball, Mario Tennis GBA game in 2011).

I will give a $5 eshop code for NES Remix (I believe the DDP codes can be used by anyone). PM if you are interest, I will reply when I wake up.

I'm... at a loss for words.

If anything, I'd get Game & Wario or Earthbound, but that's not the point.

We didn't reach Platinum status for something like... this.

I think I'll get Game & Wario an use the Digital Promotion deal to get the point that'll get me $5.

Then maybe I'll put that towards Earthbound.

It's funny because I don't own Game and Wario but it just seems so bad that I'd rather get NES Remix. I already own Nintendoland and Wii Party U for local shenanigans. Is it really worth it to get G&W?

The only thing making me hesitate is the monetary "value" of Game and Wario vs NES Remix. Not that it's a great indicator of actual quality. I think NES Remix looks a lot more fun though.

What say ye GAF?

Lmao, we knew it was coming. At least people can get Game and Wario to experience the brilliance that it Gamer. I need a full on game of that, Nintendo. It's too good of an idea and suits the Wii U perfectly.

Suddenly I don't feel bad about not getting Platinum status this year.

I was worried about missing out on a great prize but obviously I didn't.

HUELEN10

It's funny because I don't own Game and Wario but it just seems so bad that I'd rather get NES Remix. I already own Nintendoland and Wii Party U for local shenanigans. Is it really worth it to get G&W?

The only thing making me hesitate is the monetary "value" of Game and Wario vs NES Remix. Not that it's a great indicator of actual quality. I think NES Remix looks a lot more fun though.

What say ye GAF?
Get Game & Wario, use DDP towards NES Remix. Game & Wario is the shit, specially Sketch, Bird, Gamer, Islands, Shutter, Patchwork & Fruit.

AniHawk

nes remix wasn't in my top 10 last year, but it was one of the enjoyable ones that didn't make it. i think it would have been a better reward if both games were included. nes remix 2 is a lot easier to be honest, and holds your hand more, but i think i prefer it overall.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's disappointing but I really wanted to get DKC Returns 3D and now I'm downloading it for 'free' after getting my reward. Strangely, I'm actually excited for this year's rewards because it's a reward I'll actually use, lol.

This isn't even funny. I can't even laugh at this. I mean....free games....but it's such a downgrade in comparison to what people were saving for and the idea of exclusive gifts. They outdid the badges in disappointment. I'm in shock.

At first I was pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to some collectible that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else.

But I didn't have Game & Wario, and my girlfriend is a huge fan of WarioWare, so I guess I won't complain. Plus I can use the promotion credit toward NES Remix or Earthbound.

Sigh... I'm still so disappointed, if they gave us 2 or 3 titles then I would probably change my mind.

Or a selection of retail games like for MK8.

Lmao, we knew it was coming. At least people can get Game and Wario to experience the brilliance that it Gamer. I need a full on game of that, Nintendo. It's too good of an idea and suits the Wii U perfectly.
I honestly wonder why Nintendo did not make a free version of Game & Wario where you have to buy the parts of the game as DLC as pictionary and gamer are the two bits people seem to like so it would be better to get $10 for those than hope people will pay $40 for the full package.

Trying to redeem my Gold code for Super Mario Bros... and the thing keeps timing out on me.
I love how the site still keels over and dies even though this is the "worst prizes ever".

I have two accounts, One gold, One platinum. I'll grab Earthbound (never played it), but hot damn are those gold awards terrible. Link or Ice Climbers.......yeah.

Kolma

The point of this system is to get something exclusive and unique from Nintendo.
Why would I want a game that I can buy at any given time? I highly doubt any of these people that reached Platinum even care about the price of these games.
They can give me Xenoblade and I will still roll my eyes.
Like I said, I rather have a 10.00 calendar or a 5.00 pens holder.

I am 100% with you on this.
Hell I love my pointless Doc Louise's Punch-Out despite it being basically a Punch-Out demo because it was something I feel like I earned that was exclusive.

All these games I own either on Wii, Wii U or 3DS in some way shape or phone except Donkey Kong 3, and Wario Land II.
Right now I'm thinking of either getting Game and Wario just for the DDP points as I already own that digital, or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D as I've been wanting that on 3DS but I wanted retail... (already own on Wii)

I hate this digital push Nintendo keeps shoving down our throats....

eggwolio

The platinum member has nothing to gain in such a trade.

If they already have all of the Platinum offers or at least all the ones they care for, they'll likely pick a gold game anyway. Maybe they stand to gain nothing in the traditional sense, but a little karma ain't too shabby.

Pikma

Banned
guys, did you guys received your email already? because I haven't gotten mine yet...
I don't like being the only one having issues :(

Persona7

Banned
I honestly wonder why Nintendo did not make a free version of Game & Wario where you have to buy the parts of the game as DLC as pictionary and gamer are the two bits people seem to like so it would be better to get $10 for those than hope people will pay $40 for the full package.

I love how the site still keels over and dies even though this is the "worst prizes ever".

The site has been down and in maintenance for hours.

Cuburt

Speak for yourself, OP.

Having gone all digital, frankly I prefer actual games as rewards (especially retail games like DKCR which I never got) than some of the weak rewards that have been given out. Only year that Platinum status was something I wanted (but I didn't remember to register my games in time to get it) was in 2010:

club-nintendos-elite-rewards-revealed-20100701094157862-000.jpg

Unless they decide to bring back rewards of that caliber, I'd take games any day, even if I already own half the games that are being offered.

Top Bottom