• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

AniHawk

This explanation doesn't work when you consider that Japan and Europe still have several physical awards on their websites.

it could also be that digital rewards are turned in more than the physical ones, so this may be them catering to this segment more. maybe last year people got free games over the majora's mask cd so much that they decided to expand on that.

HUELEN10

guys, did you guys received your email already? because I haven't gotten mine yet...
I don't like being the only one having issues :(
Don't worry, your code is safe with Wario!

In all seriousness, you'll be fine. At worst, it might take a call, but you'll be fine.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I bet I'm part of the problem because I got plat last year but opted for a gold digital reward instead cause I thought the physical prizes were too lame to claim, lol

Dammit! Looks like I should have gone platinum.

Any platinum members not getting platinum exclusive rewards willing to trade for my gold rewards?

MaxDOL

I have a question. I have Platinum status and will most likely choose Earthbound as my reward. But I do not own Wii U and will not buy it until Xenoblade X arrive in the west.
So do Nintendo download code get expire ?

Seik

Banned
Trade it in the BST thread then?

That's exactly what he said he did.

EDIT: NVM, I thought you were talking about the MM OST. But yeah, trading a code in the BST thread would be the best scenario for those who don't want these digital games. :p (I'll go get some sleep now before leaving more confusing posts.)

Cross posting from the other thread since I hadn't seen this one.

I don't think I could be happier with the rewards. Living in Cuba means I have a really hard time getting games and a physical reward would have been almost worthless to me and a real hassle to even get my hands on, no matter how nice it was. Me and my brother finally got a Wii U two weeks ago so this rewards are a God send.

We are debating wether to get NES Remix or Game & Wario, leaning towards NES Remix but really interested in G&W as well.

Anyway, does anyone know how many MBs are NES Remix and Game & Wario? I don't exactly have the fastest internet connection... Thanks!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
That's... not really what I expected. That said I'll get Earthbound, I don't mind getting that for free.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Game and Wario or NES Remix? Hmmm...

Been on the verge of buying DKCR3D for months now. I have it on Wii but I never opened or played it, and everyone and their mom seems to think the 3DS version is superior. So I'm leaning towards that.

However, Game & Wario could be fun, and isn't DKCR3D part of the upcoming Best Buy BOGO50% deal?

Hrrmmmmmm

Laws00

Okay ran into a problem. I dont have anymore space on my Stock 3DS card. If I put a new larger gig file in will I be able to keep the same games I have? I know I can just dl them on the system since they are registered on my account

thing is I also have DS ware games too. Would I be able to transfer those files too as well?

Nope, and it's B1G1 free unless there's another deal you're talking about

Yeah I just looked it up and saw that. Insane!

Gonna get Link Between Worlds, and which is better: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, or Mario Gold 3DS?

Okay ran into a problem. I dont have anymore space on my Stock 3DS card. If I put a new larger gig file in will I be able to keep the same games I have? I know I can just dl them on the system since they are registered on my account

thing is I also have DS ware games too. Would I be able to transfer those files too as well?

It's like stupidly easy to transfer stuff to a bigger SD card. You just copy everything off the stock SD card onto your computer, and then copy everything back onto the new bigger card. It takes no time at all.

eggwolio

Use your computer to copy all the old files to the new one. Make sure you get the hidden folders.

Laws00

Gonna get Link Between Worlds, and which is better: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, or Mario Gold 3DS?

It's like stupidly easy to transfer stuff to a bigger SD card. You just copy everything off the stock SD card onto your computer, and then put in the new SD card and copy everything back onto it. It takes no time at all.

Here I am deleting these to make this work

Thanks lolo

I heard good things about Triple Deluxe. I bought Mario Golf and found it to be boring quite frankly. Maybe I just don't like golf games.

I had a feeling that EarthBound would be a digital reward this year, though as I already own the cart (even though I never bother to lug out my SNES anymore) I may go with Game & Wario simply for the dollar value, as it was a game I was tentative at best about trying, and certainly not at full price. VC games are liable to show up as rewards for coins down the road.

Commiserations to those hoping for soundtracks and posters, though for my part I was planning to get a game out of this anyway unless something really special showed up; I don't need more material collectibles piling up in boxes.

(Something to keep in mind, too, is that the Wii U titles are probably eligible for Digital Deluxe promotion credit. A strong argument for Game & Wario considering how many points it will yield, though I may go with NES Remix as I'm likelier to actually play it.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm assuming we'll get "money" back on the WiiU games through the Deluxe Digital Promotion?

Mechazawa

Shit Nintendo, at least throw gold some SNES bones. Or better NES games. Link's Adventure? The first Metroid? Kind of whack ass shit is that...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Wow... that is disappointing.

Guess I'll get Game & Wario. It's either that, Dr. Luigi, or Mario and Donkey Kong... but this counts toward the Deluxe Digital promotion... right? G&W seems like the best value if it does.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
This explanation doesn't work when you consider that Japan and Europe still have several physical awards on their websites.
Yeah but those are exchanged against the star points earned when you register a game.

No rewards for gold or plat status, heck no gold or plat status as far as I know. I would have liked a free download on top of the stuff I got in exchange for stars this year.

Laws00

okay my dad didnt have any 4gigs only one 2 and all these adapter cards

looks like radio shack ill be going to today

Seeing so many people aren't happy with the rewards... I really, really hate to do this, but if someone is willing to donate a game to a dirt poor Cuban, I'd really appreciate it! That would be an incredible help. Again, sorry for asking like this...

My in-progress DL of Game & Wario says 3276 MB.
Thanks!

Lyude77

Is DKCR3D worth if if I have Tropical Freeze and think it's just decent? I also don't have Game and Wario (and I have people to play it local with).

I'm leaning towards G&W.

I guess this is better than that year they gave out playing cards/posters, but that's honestly the best I can say about it. I registered 1675 coins last year, If I wanted these games I would have just bought them.

HUELEN10

Is DKCR3D worth if if I have Tropical Freeze and think it's just decent? I also don't have Game and Wario (and I have people to play it local with).

I'm leaning towards G&W.

After playing both versions, avoid the 3DS one. Best way to play is with your Wii disc on a homebrewed Wii with a classic controller Ocarina code.

Top Bottom