• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA offering Refurbished Wii U Deluxe Nintendoland Bundle at $250.00

maxcriden

Includes 1 yr warranty.

NC82147.png

While there may be "minor cosmetic blemishes", these refurbished Deluxe systems include the following:

■Wii U console (Black/32GB Internal Storage)
■Wii U GamePad (Black)
■Nintendo Land game disc
■Wii U AC Adapter
■Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
■High Speed HDMI Cable
■Sensor Bar

These systems are eligible for the Deluxe Digital Promotion that provides points and funds for Wii U eShop purchases, though they can't be registered for coins on Club Nintendo.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...k_of_refurbished_wii_u_deluxe_sets_for_usd250

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Refurbish if old.

still coming up short! After seeing that Navy deal with the Deluxe bundle for 200.00 the word refurbished is even more nauseating

tipoo

Banned
Not really that much of a deal imo...I'm not even in a big city but I can regularly find 32 gig models for $200 used. If the refurb comes with a warranty that's great, but the Wii U doesn't have a particularly high failure rate so I'd risk saving the $50 myself.

Berordn

Because it's not.

It is if you're buying from a retailer otherwise. Nintendoland MSRPs at 30 dollars now, so it's the cheapest way to get one with a warranty.

It doesn't beat secondhand sales, but if you're concerned about an official one, it's as good as it gets.

During the Boxing Week event in Canada, I was able to snag a new Deluxe 32GB WiiU Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD bundle for $189, including our high tax.

If I was able to secure such a deal in Canada, where prices are always higher than for our US brethren, then I have no doubt in my mind you'll find similar bundles for under $199 very soon.

maxcriden

Not really that much of a deal imo...I'm not even in a big city but I can regularly find 32 gig models for $200 used. If the refurb comes with a warranty that's great, but the Wii U doesn't have a particularly high failure rate so I'd risk saving the $50 myself.

My first Wii U was a lemon. It did not sync at all and had to be replaced.

That's an 8 GB, this is 32 + digital deluxe promotion + Nintendo Land.

During the Boxing Week event in Canada, I was able to snag a new Deluxe 32GB WiiU Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD bundle for $189, including our high tax.

If I was able to secure such a deal in Canada, where prices are always higher than for our US brethren, then I have no doubt in my mind you'll find similar bundles for under $199 very soon.

I haven't seen any US sales like this. You might be right, but Canada and especially Europe seem to be getting much better sale prices for the Wii U than the US is. (FWIW I paid $350 for a Nintendo Land bundle about a month before the price drop was announced (so about two months before it went into effect). No regrets, I got to play the Rayman Challenges App extensively, and got to play for two extra months. Well worth it to me.)

Definitely not a deal. Before Christmas, Buy.com/Rakuten.com had that $250 deal for the NSMBU+NSLU bundle, and that was brand new, with no tax (for most) or shipping. And that's a vastly superior bundle, since Nintendoland can be had for extremely cheap used.

I payed 660 dollars for my Wii U when it was new. ZombiU bundle inc pro controller.
250 is dirt cheap.

$300 is MSRP and there have been quite a few deals in the past month or so... $250 is not a deal for a refurbished system. Hell, Chapters (Canada) was selling the Zelda bundle for $200ish not long ago. And there were lots of $250 Zelda or Mario bundles available around the holidays, IIRC.
Nintendo should sell the Wii U for $50 amirite?
/sarcasm

16.7% off for being a refurbished product is too little to me. I would probably only considered a refurbished product if it is at least 30% off.

Gaogaogao

man I hate that fucking shit

yeah good luck with the initial setup, new owners. It's not like the listing makes it explicitly clear at any point that many applications and functions including initial set up can't be accomplished without the Gamepad

what if I borrowed someone elses, set it up, and gave it back?

what if I borrowed someone elses, set it up, and gave it back?

I hope you're ready to borrow it again every time you want to use Netflix/Youtube/Internet/pretty much 90% of the thing's applications, or browse the e-Shop, or use a password for any function on the system whatsoever, or change system settings of any sort, or play certain games :3

This is something that Nintendo should work on but its not something I'd necessarily consider a 'fix' given that the gamepad is the things packed in proprietary controller. Any attempt to sell a Wii U without an included Gamepad could simply and 100% accurately seen as a scam to separate the uninitiated from their money

Gaogaogao

I hope you're ready to borrow it again every time you want to use Netflix/Youtube/Internet/pretty much 90% of the thing's applications, or browse the e-Shop, or use a password for any function on the system whatsoever, or change system settings of any sort, or play certain games :3

I just want to play mario and zelda, I should be covered by the pro controller (if it wasnt for the rest of the ui).

I just want to play mario and zelda, I should be covered by the pro controller (if it wasnt for the rest of the ui).
Not a bad idea (and beyond initial setup, yeah, a pro controller should cover ya for booting the system and playing those games to completion) but would you want to keep it after playing those two games knowing that you may not be able to play some future games and that your console is effectively permagimped?

maxcriden

Well the normal price here is 400 dollars so its a big cut in price.

Straight currency conversions are very misleading. You should compare it to its home market MSRP or everyday selling price if anything.

I understand, but I don't think it's really clear when people come in and act as though the system costs much less in another country that it's relative to MSRP vs. actual cost.

Mattias

Banned

Yeah but the controller is very integrated into the system. People that say they should sell Wii U without the controller so that they can cut the price dont know how much work that is needed to redesign the whole UI.
Nintendo would end up with two completely different consoles and the fragmentation would make it even more confusing to consumers than it already is.

Top Bottom