• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Non-disclosure agreement appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospero

NDAs rock! They make life exciting!

I just got out of a three-hour meeting with one of our employees, who was the lead developer of an in-house piece of software that does Something Really Cool. She's leaving for another company really soon (she got a sweet deal, actually), so we had to pick her brain to find out everything she knows before she leaves. She's under an NDA for her new company, and an NDA for her current company as well, though, which led to her saying things like, "Listen. You have to stop telling me trade secrets now. Don't tell me any more trade secrets." She was clearly enjoying herself the whole time.

The major benefit of NDAs is that you get to sound mysterious about your job when you're talking to people, as if you're a CIA operative:

"So what do you do at your job?"
"I can't really talk much about it: NDA. You know how it is."

maharg

idspispopd
Yeah, but then video game journalists got wind of how cool it sounds and now use the acronym every time some pissant dev at a noname publisher said "don't repeat this, k?" They've totally ruined the coolness factor of NDAs.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wish someone would tell me something, I want to be put under a NDA. :(

Damn, it really does sound cool. "I can't really talk about that right now, just wait until the NDA expires. Until then, hop in bed with me."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Next time they feel empowered by it, just tell them that NDA also stands for Naked Dead Asian.

Now how cool is it to be under one?

Dilbert

Classified work is even better than NDAs, though. When I was single, it was one hell of a interest-grabber. Her: "What do you do?" Me: "Well, I really can't tell you." Her: <PERK> "Really?"

If only they knew the truth... ;)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
:lol Damn, that sh!t works.

NDA1.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
Classified work sucks way more than NDAs. You work for months or even years on the coolest shit, but get to tell no-one. You are really excited when you come home, but don't get to share the excitement. Then, occasionally, for a few days, you get the announcement rush and after that back you go again.

Phoenix

Chittagong said:
Classified work sucks way more than NDAs. You work for months or even years on the coolest shit, but get to tell no-one. You are really excited when you come home, but don't get to share the excitement. Then, occasionally, for a few days, you get the announcement rush and after that back you go again.

Even worse when that information is compartmentalized. I know so much about how the nation tracks drug runners, its capabilities, its intelligence mechanisms, etc. And I can't say jack about the 'real war on drugs'. And I've been out of classified work for YEARS.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Phoenix said:
Even worse when that information is compartmentalized. I know so much about how the nation tracks drug runners, its capabilities, its intelligence mechanisms, etc. And I can't say jack about the 'real war on drugs'. And I've been out of classified work for YEARS.

I had heard rumors about a drug runner in the mid-90's who used a converted formula one car painted all black and heavily tinted. He'd drive from sunset to sunrise with no lights using night-vision goggles and more or less make it from Florida to NY overnight. You know of any truth to that story?

Phoenix

levious said:
I had heard rumors about a drug runner in the mid-90's who used a converted formula one car painted all black and heavily tinted. He'd drive from sunset to sunrise with no lights using night-vision goggles and more or less make it from Florida to NY overnight. You know of any truth to that story?

Now you know I can't talk about anything related to my work for the government :)

They threw me a nice party and gave me a plaque when I left though.

DaCocoBrova

I guess me, my friends and co-workers are som NDA breakin' mofos.

A friend of mine, actually a girl I fuck4fun, works for Homeland Security/TSA. They are rolling out x-ray body scans this month at airports. So... No more shoving a sac a weed up your ass to get on the plane...

*True story*

Dilbert

DaCocoBrova said:
A friend of mine, actually a girl I fuck4fun, works for Homeland Security/TSA. They are rolling out x-ray body scans this month at airports. So... No more shoving a sac a weed up your ass to get on the plane...

*True story*
I'm sure you have your sources...but I find that story VERY hard to believe?

Do they plan to employ these scans selectively, or on EVERY passenger? If on selected passengers, how will the extra technology be an effective screen? If on every passenger...how will they guarantee the health of people who fly ALL the time for work? I mean, they freak out when you get too many X-rays in hospitals per year...it would seem that a full body X-ray multiple times per week would be bad times.

Phoenix

-jinx- said:
I'm sure you have your sources...but I find that story VERY hard to believe?

Do they plan to employ these scans selectively, or on EVERY passenger? If on selected passengers, how will the extra technology be an effective screen? If on every passenger...how will they guarantee the health of people who fly ALL the time for work? I mean, they freak out when you get too many X-rays in hospitals per year...it would seem that a full body X-ray multiple times per week would be bad times.

Think more like Ultrasound. I've seen the tech at work and its impressive, but I don't believe HLS are in a position to roll it out across the nation.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Does it have different sensitiveness settings, so that you can see some t'n'a in wierd inverted color?

That's the best there is. In my old job in an ad agency one of the tech guys had once some type of a camera, thermal, nightvision or whatever, which essentially allows you to see the bodies beyond the clothes. I got so see the nicely formed butt of a fellow copywriter girl, dropdead gorgeous. No nip texture vision though, just shapes. And bra squishes the shapes in a bit odd way.

Ahem, I actually got *really* carried away there.

my dad's told me some stuff about the company(fortune 500, and #1 on a few lists) he works for, and all the internal strife over where the company should be headed.

pretty cool stuff.

DaCocoBrova

I felt privelaged enough to get the info I got, so I didn't dig too deep. I asked her the same questions and she said that it will be selective and that we won't hear sh!t about it 'til well after the election...

Vark

I was in an artist meeting once where they were training on a current project, but kept alluding to the new version that wasn't released yet. They couldn't say anything specific and were trying to ask us what we were working on and what new features we'd be using. So we couldn't say anything either. So the meeting broke down into this weird exchange where you're trying to be as vague as possible and still get an answer.

its fun shit.

Dilbert

Cyan said:
Does this mean I can't reveal that my boss's hottie daughter buys thongs from Victoria's Secret?
I have a security clearance. If you send pictures to my inbox, I can GUARANTEE that the information will be well-kept. ;)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Cyan said:
Does this mean I can't reveal that my boss's hottie daughter buys thongs from Victoria's Secret?

Hey Cyan, can you get me a job there? I am sure you have some "great positions in mind" already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom