• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NorCal Regionals 10 | Fighting game tournament | March 24-25

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
boo. I have work in the morning. can't be staying up, watching streams all night :(

JeTmAn81

Ahh, they just watched that clip on the FGTV stream. I couldn't actually see what was happening. Totally hype!

shas'la

In tokyo Next week and this seems like a good place to ask, are there any specific arcades where the top tier Japanese players gather to play against each other on a regular basis. I'd love to hit up an arcade and bump into some of the big dawgs of SFIV.

In tokyo Next week and this seems like a good place to ask, are there any specific arcades where the top tier Japanese players gather to play against each other on a regular basis. I'd love to hit up an arcade and bump into some of the big dawgs of SFIV.

I think Daigo, Mago, Nemo, Kazunoko and others play at Big Box in Tokyo. Thats like the main arcade to go to for the best Capcom game players.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
Whoop Whoop. I live a 10 minute walk from campus.

My only game is SF4, and I'm in bracket E as "Big Ben," same bracket as Hugo101. Can't wait.

Looking forward to some UMVC3, but super glad I have MLG to watch when AE and SFxT is on.

AE is pretty played out at this point, imo, and it took me all of one WNF to get bored with the latter.

USD

I think Daigo, Mago, Nemo, Kazunoko and others play at Big Box in Tokyo. Thats like the main arcade to go to for the best Capcom game players.

Also check out Taito Station. I believe a number of them have been player there lately.
Well, Taito Station is Big Box. Or rather, Taito Station is located inside of Big Box. Most people just call it Taito Station, as Big Box is more than just an arcade..

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Well why not just use the preset Gems in the game?
1) This probably unfairly benefits some characters more than others.
2) Is there even a quick option to set all of the gems back to default if they've been fucked with?

1) This probably unfairly benefits some characters more than others.
2) Is there even a quick option to set all of the gems back to default if they've been fucked with?

1. is true, but not having gems can also be an advantage to certain characters, especially those that do big damage.

The game is also pretty boring to watch as it is. So I think chucking at least some attack gems on would help (also with timeouts)

Ferrio

Banned
1. is true, but not having gems can also be an advantage to certain characters, especially those that do big damage.

The game is also pretty boring to watch as it is. So I think chucking at least some attack gems on would help (also with timeouts)

We've already seen streams with gems, it doesn't help at all with the time outs.

Dahbomb

Is that ChrisG in Pool G for UMVC3? He is listed as LB ChrisB.

Anyone know where PRBalrog and Noel Brown are in pools?

I'm in pool M for AE, and I probably shouldn't have. I haven't played since December. But I got the early bird special, so I probably thought I was gonna practice more. :(

OH WELL GOOD LUCK TO THE GAF PEOPLE, REPRESENT THE NEOGAFS YAY

Gonna be going to spectate but not sure if its gonna be tomorrow or Sunday. Rooting for all the Tekken players entering SFxT. Let's go Naps and Bronson! Last norcal and socal regionals Mine came up just short of taking it all thanks to Justin. Since he wont be there my money is on Mine taking Marvel this year.

544764182.jpg

This apparently was the crowd that watched KOFXIII at MLG. Also:

iWVXfHbr46Zrq.png

544764182.jpg

This apparently was the crowd that watched KOFXIII at MLG. Also:

iWVXfHbr46Zrq.png

Man that's fucking depressing. Even if this didn't take place during NCR, I don't think it would be any different. Would the FGC(excluding the top players are who are competing of course) go to a E-Sports event like MLG and pay to be a spectator? I don't mind doing that, but I think I'm in the minority. So I don't expect the crowd to be any different for SCV and MK. And although I do think Capcom games would garner a much bigger audience, it would still be small compared to StarCraft. Its best selling point would probably be bringing in 10k+ stream monsters.

BTW, Justin still has MK and SCV(?) lined up. Don't know if he plays SC, but if he can win MK then it would all be worth it as he'll come home 12k richer. That's probably how much it cost to put together a major like NCR.

Vice

Man that's fucking depressing. Even if this didn't take place during NCR, I don't think it would be any different. Would the FGC(excluding the top players are who are competing of course) go to a E-Sports event like MLG and pay to be a spectator? I don't mind doing that, but I think I'm in the minority. So I don't expect the crowd to be any different for SCV and MK. And although I do think Capcom games would garner a much bigger audience, it would still be small compared to StarCraft. Its best selling point would probably be bringing in 10k+ stream monsters.

BTW, Justin still has MK and SCV(?) lined up. Don't know if he plays SC, but if he can win MK then it would all be worth it as he'll come home 12k richer. That's probably how much it cost to put together a major like NCR.

To be fair, the communities for SC, KOF and Mk aren't exactly huge -- especially in Ohio.

Top Bottom