• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Public Schools are closed in : NYC (including CUNY), Rhode Island (some), Boston, Connecticut (some) and Philadelphia. DC will decided by 5am Tuesday.

Flights at NY, Boston, Philly and Northeastern airports: AA, United, JetBlue & others are cancelling flights and delaying others over the course of the next few days.

New York City & Southern NYS:

-Snow accumulations for NYC: 12 to 20 inches.
-Long Island will see 10-17 inches.
-Much of New York State is likely to see double-digit snowfall.
-MTA service will be suspended above ground starting tomorrow at 4am.
-LIRR and Metro-North will be ”significantly impacted." Decision will be made by 4:30am on Tuesday.
-State of emergency declared from midnight on.

New Jersey:

-NJ Transit is suspending all bus service. Rail lines will operate on weekend schedule.
-Snow total: 18-24 inches.
-State of emergency declared

Philly:

-Snow total: 8-12 inches.
-Outside of the city, eastern Pennsylvania, including Allentown, Reading and Doylestown are expected to get between 12 and 20 inches.
-State of emergency declared.

Boston:

-Snow total: 10-16 inches.
-Boston Transit will run normal schedule on subway lines. Changes will probably happen to buses and subways come Tuesday, though.
-State of emergency declared.

DC:

-Snow total: 6-8 inches.
-Baltimore should see a foot of snow.
-Metro service will run on Saturday schedule on Tuesday. Buses will be delayed or detoured.

Connecticut:

-Snow total: 12-24 inches.
-Gov Malloy has banned travel statewide after 5am Tuesday.

GmoupfR.jpg

vu8XU31.jpg

RpU8ZN1.jpg

Fuckk I'm working Tuesday and Wednesday...in a hospital so they're probably going to bring out the cots and mandate everyone working not to leave until the storm's over.

gdt

Goddamit. Guess I'm staying at a hotel by work Monday night.

Edit: fuck my 1080ti is gonna get affected by this

Culex

Banned
2 weeks ago we had three straight days of 70 degrees. Now a freaking blizzard. Winter just won't go away for CT.

I'm tired of the wind and cold weather. The snow doesn't bother me much.

Plus if it's bad enough Tuesday class will be canceled and Thursday's midterm may be postponed
:D

I hope its downgraded as I have a lot to deal with when it snows (I'm a damn building super). I wish it was as simple as shoveling the front of my building but I have to deal with my damn roof and exposed pipes..etc. <sigh> I hope it turns out to be nothing too big (NYC).

Boston here

On one hand, I'd rather not deal with even more snow...But on the other hand I have a midterm and a project due on Tuesday, and if there's a snow day I can play Zelda all day...Hmmm

0e3.png

Great CT is just in the middle of the shits, I just started seeing buds on the trees too &#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

Media

TOPIC HIJACK:

Husband is driving to New York from Illinois tomorrow, and driving home Tuesday morning.

With the Nor'easter coming in, how dead is he? Should I like, take out some extra life insurance or something? /s

TOPIC HIJACK:

Husband is driving to New York from Illinois tomorrow, and driving home Tuesday morning.

With the Nor'easter coming in, how dead is he? Should I like, take out some extra life insurance or something? /s

Hmm i'm thinking he'll die at least two times and a half.

Retro

OBLIGATORY BREAD AND MILK ALERT

TOPIC HIJACK:

I'm sure he's used to driving in snow being from the Midwest, and the Turnpikes between PA and IL generally know how to keep things clear (been a while since I drove it, I know IN is now privatized so.... yikes). The blizzard type-stuff won't extend very far west (Nor'Easters tend to hug the coast), so if he leaves even late Monday night (right when it's getting started, supposedly) and just grabs a hotel somewhere in PA (let's say, west of Harrisburg to be safe), he should avoid getting stuck in anything blizzard-like.

Just, you know... regular old snow... in the twisting roads in the mountains... yeah, maybe get some extra insurance.

LProtag

Tuesday is our first day of exams at the school I work in.

We might not even have school on Wednesday at this point, that's going to push things back a lot, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom