• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Not one, but two"-Bluepoint Games.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Which is why I'm expecting a remaster more or less.

Maybe for you but the wow factor wouldnt be there for everyone

Remaking/ Remastering a PS4 game into PS5 wouldnt really be a jawdropping experience

The leap is there but wouldnt be as great

Rather have them to remake older game that ages teribly which deserve the treatment...

Last edited:

John Wick

I know the odds of it are incredibly slim, but what if its a Bloodborne remake/remaster with a more fleshed out Chalice Dungeon. We know the original plans for them were way more ambitious, and they scaled them back due to time constraints. What if Bluepoint spent time at From learning what the original plans were and how to reintegrate cut content into them.

Like I said, I know it's a pipedream, but I could see that selling for $70.
It's not Bloodborne remake. Too early to do one. They could just release a patch 4K resolution and fix framepacing and 60fps.

nkarafo

A fucking new game for once? :'D
They proved they are really good at remastering games. I'd rather let them do their thing instead of risking time and money to see if they can make a good original game. Could disrupt the flow or cause the dev team to spit if such endeavor is unsuccessful. It's better to know you have a good team that's good at this one thing so when you want such thing they will deliver. There are plenty of other teams that are good at making new games. Not many ones that can do such good remasters though. I haven't played Demon's Souls but the Shadow of Colossus remake was so good, i enjoyed it more than most new games i played this gen, despite already playing it to death on the PS2.

Lethal01

Makes sense. Everything they made for DeS would be perfect template for doing a SotN or other Castlevania remakes.

Why would symphony of the night need a remake?
It's loved because of it's great 2d art, I don't imagine people are super excited for it to become 2.5d.

There needs to be a "Triforce", a reference to the game Zelda, and also the name of an Arcade boasd that was Co developed By Sega, Namco , and Nintendo.

There should to be a sort of 'coalition' publishing company that is co funded by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony for studio like Bluepoint. They shouldn't be a 3rd party studio nor 2nd or 1st.

Rudius

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake, it's too recent and still looks good. A remaster treatment would suffice: 4k60, fast loading, 3D audio and Dualsense support. Save the remake resources for something that needs it.

Arachnid

TBH I don't want a Metal Gear Solid 1 remake from them. Shadow of the Colossus and Demon Souls have shown me that they make their remakes 1:1 with no real changes outside of visual a few quality of life updates. If we ever get an MGS1 remake, I don't want it to play the same. That's outdated. Bring in stealth gameplay from MGS4 and 5.

I wouldn't mind a 1:1 Silent Hill 2 remake though. SH isn't as much about the moment to moment gameplay as it is the set pieces that take advantage of camera angles and sounds. I don't think scares would work the same in OTS, so an update like that wouldn't work as well as RE2.

Perrott

Gold Member
Rumors have stated for months now that Bluepoint is involved with Bloodborne Remastered.

If true, I expect an announcement at The Game Awards.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All I know is that we had years of wondering what the next Bluepoint game would be after Shadow of the Colossus, with like monthly, sometimes weekly teases from them, with zero substance, to the point where everyone got annoyed.

They finally announce it, and so late, we only get a couple of months break before going back to the next few years of the same thing. :messenger_unamused:

But this is all part of the fun! DeS was also the most heavily rumored out of the bunch, and it ended being correct.

I know, starving to play it, same!

sainraja

"Not one but two"

Bloodborne = only one game and still very recent on PS4 and graphics still hold quite well today

Legend of Dragoon. 1 game too.

ICO And Shadow of Collosus : Already done before

Dark Souls 1-3. 3 game

Metal Gear Solid - has more than 2 game (4-5) that need to remade

Uncharted 1-4 = 4 game..doesnt fit the description

God of War. 3 game doesnt fit description.

Resistance. Quite posible. Resistance 1- 2 . 3 graphics is still aceptable

My bet is Infamous 1-2. Inf SS is still recent so no need for remade.

Could be wrong but who knows

I hope it is Resistance series or hoping maybe Warhawk/Starhawk. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
tenor.gif

I'd assume not one but two is a Dark souls 1 reference talking about the two bells of awakening. The initial dose of lore says ring the bell of awakening but the first guy you meet out of the intro area tells you there are two bells. One above in the undead church and one far below in blight town.

Last edited:
Not one but two is a Dark souls 1 quote referencing the two bells of awakening. The initial dose of lore says ring the bell of awakening but the first guy you meet out of the intro area tells you there are two bells. One above in the undead church and one car below in blight town. Do what you will with this info.

PSlayer

It seems people found some "ceramic coins" on fractured mode that have the same flower simbol on the door.

Right now its believed that each world has two coins,one for pure white tendency and the other for pure black

Distortion2 is about the get the 10th one:

Shifty1897

It seems people found some "ceramic coins" on fractured mode that have the same flower simbol on the door.

Right now its believed that each world has two coins,one for pure white tendency and the other for pure black

Distortion2 is about the get the 10th one:

He opened the door around 3 PM Pacific, inside was some cool looking armor. Last I heard you could find 11 coins per run, and then through at least two New Game Pluses, you could obtain 30 coins, which could then be traded to the Crow, who would give you what you need to get into the door.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
So far they've remade hard games that I can't ever beat :messenger_weary:. Please remake something easier like MGS or black ops 2

Airbus Jr

Banned
So far they've remade hard games that I can't ever beat :messenger_weary:. Please remake something easier like MGS or black ops 2

Hard?

Jesus.....Demon Souls is the easiest souls game..

Go pick Royalty classes thats the most powerful classes

Last edited:
So if the Symphony of the Night rumor was are true.. Do people really want it? Need it? I can't be the only one who thinks that game is 100% perfection the way it is.

Making it to some kind of full polygon 3D game sounds disgusting to me at least.

I very much doubt it's that game though, but anyway.

What you think 🤔

I dunno, My only hope is the MGS remake is a fake, Sony has so many good franchises to revive that, at this point would be a fuckin waste to use a great deal of resources to finance it, pick syphon filters, tombi, or ask for Dino Crisis, legacy of kain, damn, or mg1-2 remakes, anything else but not ANOTHER mgs remake

Reviving the twin snakes and upscale it would be enough, game is still awesome nowadays and it's a shame it's still confined on gamecube

Top Bottom