• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Not one, but two"-Bluepoint Games.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Facts. That would be a hard reboot / remake. So much has changed with 3rd person action games that they would need to really change quite a bit based on the dated design of Syphon Filter.

tie into Days Gone

I don't really mind so much as the tactical espionage action genre needs a much needed shot of life, with games like MGS, Splinter Cell now MIA. If the remake is a success, there is no reason not to greenlight a new entry into the franchise.

EDMIX

I don't really mind so much as the tactical espionage action genre needs a much needed shot of life, with games like MGS, Splinter Cell now MIA. If the remake is a success, there is no reason not to greenlight a new entry into the franchise.

Facts. An opening exist and with a real ass virus killing lives all over the world, would be a great fit as everyone on some level could relate to the concept.

yurinka

Konami recently released Symphony of the night in a collection. Bluepoint already released their Souls game, so I assume now it's time to Syphon Filter and MGS. Or who knows, maybe instead of MGS they can just help Sony Japan to make a Bloodborne 4K 60fps remaster with super fast loadings, DualSense features, RT, 3D audio and better lighting.

Syphon Filter:
So calm this spooky night. A symphony of rumors - not one, but two - return from shadow. A resistance to dart home as black monsters escape twisted hills to wander lands and syphon souls. Filter your candy collections, soft from solid, and be eco-friendly. Have a metal Halloween.

Metal Gear Solid:
So calm this spooky night. A symphony of rumors - not one, but two - return from shadow. A resistance to dart home as black monsters escape twisted hills to wander lands and syphon souls. Filter your candy collections, soft from solid, and be eco-friendly. Have a metal Halloween.

Souls game by From Software:

Symphony of the night:

Twisted Metal Black:

P.S.: Please keep Twisted Metal buried and don't waste Bluepoint talent with that IP

Last edited:

N30RYU

he is the guy who made an unofficial bloodborne patch to make it run at 60 fps on the pro.

he was also invited to bluepoint games recently and got an early hands on with Demon Souls.

he had also said that if Sony doesnt release a 60 fps patch for bloodborne by launch, he would release his BB patch publically. he hasnt yet done that.
Then must be not one... but TWO C&D letters...

Last edited:

gow3isben

Bloodborne? What is wrong with you people next you are going to ask for Ghost of Tsushima remake.

Original God of War, Jak 2, or Uncharted Drakes Fortune please!

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

so where is this image from?

EnDA-zLW8AIO39q
There is a hidden door (currently locked) that leads to it. No one knows what it is... Yet

It's that damn pendant I bet

Bryank75

Banned
Konami recently released Symphony of the night in a collection. Bluepoint already released their Souls game, so I assume now it's time to Syphon Filter and MGS. Or who knows, maybe instead of MGS they can just help Sony Japan to make a Bloodborne 4K 60fps remaster with super fast loadings, DualSense features, RT, 3D audio and better lighting.

Syphon Filter:

Metal Gear Solid:

Souls game by From Software:

Symphony of the night:

Twisted Metal Black:

P.S.: Please keep Twisted Metal buried and don't waste Bluepoint talent with that IP

For Metal Gear Solid.... the Island was called Shadow Moses.... So I added shadow above.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Are the Dark Souls 1 - 3 backward compatible on the PS5?

Maybe a re-release as a collection. All 60 FPS with enhancements for the new dualshock controller?

Or the word "two" could mean a DS2 remake. DS1 had a remake, DS3 doesn't need one.

The Alien

Banned
If Sony buy Bluepoint and they definitely should that will leave all other platforms with nothing but scraps. Not many more studios creating truly impressive games other than what you will find under SIE Worldwide Studios.
So, aside from BluePoint, a company that makes (great) remasters of older games, the rest of the industry is nothing but scraps now?

F'ing LOL.

johntown

Banned
Bloodborne remake locked behind that secret door in Demon’s Souls 😂🤪
That secret door is either a troll or something incredible. I was watching a streamer who got out of bounds and Bluepoint made invisible walls all around it so you cannot access it by OOB glitches. I think it will be related to DLC. I bet they remake the last archstone and will have it as DLC later and that door is related.

Aesius

Dropping a Bloodborne remake right after your Demon’s Souls remake hits as a critical success would be the biggest dick swing in gaming history.

...but is it even feasible? Could they have had the man hours and time to do both? Common sense says probably not, but then again...

BB doesn't need a remake. And BluePoint, as good as they are, would screw it up. It's a masterpiece in atmosphere and world design.

All it needs is a clean remaster.

Hoping its a new IP or two from them. They are magicians.

If not a new IP, I'll settle for Bloodborne Remake and Demon's Souls DLC (new DLC, since OG didn't have it).

I'd like to see Sony give Bluepoint complete freedom to make their own original IP.
Agreed!

Didn't Bluepoint work on FFVIIR as well?

Last edited:

Umbral

Dropping a Bloodborne remake right after your Demon’s Souls remake hits as a critical success would be the biggest dick swing in gaming history.

...but is it even feasible? Could they have had the man hours and time to do both? Common sense says probably not, but then again...
Can that much dick be swung? It could throw the Earth off its axis.

Vae_Victis

Banned
If it's Syphon Filter, that would need to be a complete re-imagining from the ground up, much more than Demon's Souls. That gameplay did not age well, and a TPS with tank controls and lock-on would be ridiculous in this day and age.

Top Bottom