• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Alucard

Banned
Do you guys think the WWE has totally screwed any momentum that Ryback had at this point? It seemed like the crowd wasn't that into him last night, and after another main event loss, I can only see his star falling even more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel Orton is best Orton. I'd actually like him if he turns heel.

He was great. 2009 Legacy Orton was the best Orton. The one punting Shane and Vince, going bananas. Him and Cena had some real chemistry together. Same with HHH - HHH elevated Orton and it was a white hot feud.

Do you guys think the WWE has totally screwed any momentum that Ryback had at this point? It seemed like the crowd wasn't that into him last night, and after another main event loss, I can only see his star falling even more.

Honestly last month they killed Ryback with HIAC.

Rock is bringing the 500$ shirts back

2371832-1353310776203_super.jpg

I told you guys. Ryback is being built up to be a monster so when Ambrose and Rollins beat him clean... BOOM. Instant credibility.

You're welcome.

Aiii

So not worth it

Crowd last night sat on their hands most of the night. I doubt Ryback is less over today than he was two months ago. He still hasn't had a clean loss so that works, even though they jumped the gun on him due to Cena getting sidelined I think he still has enough momentum going forward.

Ithil

Aren't they a bit heavy on the heel side right now?

Or at least seems like it from who they are pushing.

Well they're turning Miz face, and possibly Ziggler soon, so that'll make up for the heel turns.

They really do need more top level faces.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh shit.

PWInsider says the NXT trio will be with Punk.

Ohhhhhhhh shit.

GET HYPE

GET. HYPE.
Oh, I hope not. I don't want these guys being treated like New Nexus. They shouldn't just be his goons. They're good enough to be on their own. I'm afraid this may lead to them getting squashed by Ryback and Cena, while Punk runs away.

Still feel AJ should be part of Heyman's stable, but oh well, watcha gonna do?
Hell fucking no. Her best stuff has been dealing with Bryan and Kane. She should be in a group bickering with them, as she competes for the Divas title.

Kyoufu

Oh, I hope not. I don't want these guys being treated like New Nexus. They shouldn't just be his goons. They're good enough to be on their own. I'm afraid this may lead to them getting squashed by Ryback and Cena, while Punk runs away.

Yeah that could happen. Double jobber squash matches would kill their careers. It's time to see if Triple H lives up to the praise of others here.

Ithil

Hell fucking no. Her best stuff has been dealing with Bryan and Kane. She should be in a group bickering with them, as she competes for the Divas title.

Well, in theory stables are supposed to introduce and build up the lower members. Less New Nexus and more Evolution.

If you put those three with Punk, you can easily have Rollins as the guy who eventually wins the crowd and turns face, breaking away, Ambrose and the psycho guy looking to take over the stable, and Reigns as the muscle, along with Heyman for the mouthpiece (as Reigns and Rollins are not great mic workers, they'd benefit from Heyman).

G-Fex

well dean ambrose and a bunch of new guys debuted...

I think I'm done with what little wrestling I watched.

*walks off*

So the new Nexus 2.0 then? (who were the new Straight Edge Society for that matter) a frighteningly high chance of such things happening as long as they are within the vicinity of super Cena.
History shows that Punk's lackeys have a short shelf life, WWE have got to learn from the mistakes of the past.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Show is WHChamp. Kaitlyn is in divas-title matches despite not being ready as far as in-ring work goes and Mark Henry lost a ton of weight. Everyone's winning!

And what of Tyson Kidd? and Carlito? and John Morrison?

Yeah that could happen. Double jobber squash matches would kill their careers. It's time to see if Triple H lives up to the praise of others here.

Or they could be new Evolution. Let's hyperbolize and start freaking the fuck out over dirtsheet speculation.

Even the Spanish commentator is marking out that Dean Ambrose finally debuted.

They just can't get over the fact that their table went last.

Kyoufu

So the new Nexus 2.0 then? (who were the new Straight Edge Society for that matter) a frighteningly high chance of such things happening as long as they are within the vicinity of super Cena.
History shows that Punk's lackeys have a short shelf life, WWE have got to learn from the mistakes of the past.

Well back then Punk was badly booked and badly treated by management anyway. Now he's WWE Champion for 365 days. The booking may not be amazing but he's on top and has good heat. So hopefully that trickles down onto the Ambros.

Like I said, double jobber squash matches will kill this entire angle. Besides, if they wanted jobbers as part of Punk's stable they could have picked others from the current roster.

that john cena esq promo AJ did last night makes me want her to go no where near punk and co at this juncture. now Paige on the other hand would be a great fit. or they could bring Serena deeb back!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, don't be too excited for Punk-Lackeys as WWE has a habit of offin' em. Luke Gallows called, one of the best big men in the business, and reports to say "I got fucked."

Fuckin Ambrose. I hope he slips on a banana peel ala Ultimo Dragon tomorrow.

Aiii

So not worth it
What would AJ add to this theoretical stable beyond "chick that CM Punk is banging"?

AJ's crazy gimmick would work great with Ambrose's gimmick. It's what we speculated about during May and June's Ambrose Weeks, nothing has changed except WWE Creative fucking up the AJ character by making her GM and pairing her with Cena as a face.

Plus, it's not what the AJ can do for the stable, but what the stable could do for AJ and as such, for women's wrestling in WWE.

Ithil

What would AJ add to this theoretical stable beyond "chick that CM Punk is banging"?

Bringing the Divas division into the fold, for one, giving it some proper exposure, as well as returning to the borderline heel crazy character that got her over in the first place.

Kyoufu

Bringing the Divas division into the fold, for one, giving it some proper exposure, as well as returning to the borderline heel crazy character that got her over in the first place.

I'm sorry but nobody wants to see the Divas division get exposure. No disrespect to them but nobody watches WWE for them. They kill ratings every week. They're just there for Cena to bang on the road.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry but nobody wants to see the Divas division get exposure. No disrespect to them but nobody watches WWE for them. They kill ratings every week. They're just there for Cena to bang on the road.

Whoa whoa whoa, speak for yourself :(

I miss Divas matches, I just wish they were given more time to actually tell a story in-ring and develop an angle.

Kyoufu

Whoa whoa whoa, speak for yourself :(

I miss Divas matches, I just wish they were given more time to actually tell a story in-ring and develop an angle.

Back when they had good female talent like say, Lita and Trish, sure. Now in the PG era where they hire models and release Kharma for no good reason then shit, I don't know. Like I said, they're just there for Hayes and Cena's personal pleasure.

Dthomp

I know you guys love your "indie" guys but do you seriously expect anything from these guys? It's Wrestlemania season, new talent is not getting over right now outside of THE RYBACK. There is already talent ready for the push not getting it, and you expect these generic CAWs from NXT to get over? We all know Vince won't allow more of those guys to be near the top. They have a guy in Dolph who needs this kind of rub to get to that level. Look at the last guy who got over from the indie level in Daniel Bryan. He had one good title run and build (probably would have been a better payoff had Henry not got hurt) and now he just kind of floats in the tag title picture because they don't know what to do with their best worker and a guy that could get shit over in a gimmick. Rant over, I just could care less about new jobbers when guys like Cody, DBry, Kane, Wade are just kind of floundering without much thought of them competing in the main event scene.

Ithil

I would like to see it get exposure. There are a lot of talented Divas there who deserve a real division on the big WWE stage.

That kind of thinking is why Cena is still Cena. "Well, Cena's our most over guy, let's try to maintain that at all costs, clearly no one else can ever be more popular than him".

You make people get interested in the Divas division with actual long term booking and a competitive roster, not this 3-4 Divas with 1-2 matches nonsense.

Kaitlyn and Eve got 7 minutes last night, and what do you know they'd started getting more reactions by the end of it, not huge but it's a start.

Back when they had good female talent like say, Lita and Trish, sure. Now in the PG era where they hire models and release Kharma for no good reason then shit, I don't know. Like I said, they're just there for Hayes and Cena's personal pleasure.

They have more talented female wrestlers now, then they did when Trish and Lita were around. They've got more good wrestlers than bad ones by now, and the bad ones don't get ring time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

While many of the released Divas are a painful sting, there's still plenty of talent. I'm sad we never got the Phoenix/Kong matches I wanted, but Kaitlyn looks like she absolutely wants to WRESTLE, and Layla's fantastic at it. Aksana isn't salvageable, and Eve needs to go full-on MMA in WWE. That'd be dope.

I know you guys love your "indie" guys but do you seriously expect anything from these guys? It's Wrestlemania season, new talent is not getting over right now outside of THE RYBACK. There is already talent ready for the push not getting it, and you expect these generic CAWs from NXT to get over? We all know Vince won't allow more of those guys to be near the top. They have a guy in Dolph who needs this kind of rub to get to that level. Look at the last guy who got over from the indie level in Daniel Bryan. He had one good title run and build (probably would have been a better payoff had Henry not got hurt) and now he just kind of floats in the tag title picture because they don't know what to do with their best worker and a guy that could get shit over in a gimmick. Rant over, I just could care less about new jobbers when guys like Cody, DBry, Kane, Wade are just kind of floundering without much thought of them competing in the main event scene.
if there is even one chance one of them can make it out of this alive and possibly pull a daniel bryan and become over, isn't it worth it?

Kyoufu

Ambrose has already made it. The internet is behind him, Punk is also behind him. I expect he'll get pushed and pushed soon enough.

Ithil

While many of the released Divas are a painful sting, there's still plenty of talent. I'm sad we never got the Phoenix/Kong matches I wanted, but Kaitlyn looks like she absolutely wants to WRESTLE, and Layla's fantastic at it. Aksana isn't salvageable, and Eve needs to go full-on MMA in WWE. That'd be dope.

I assume you meant un-salvageable. Aksana's no Sara Del Rey but she did an adequate job against Layla on NXT last week, when given more than 30 seconds in a tag match. Of the Divas roster the only absolutely worthless wrestler is Rosa Mendes, and she's used as a valet anyway. Half the latest hiring for developmental have been young indie wrestlers, too, not non-wrester models.

Top Bottom