• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

BlazinAm

2K killed the server to College Hoops 2k8????? da fuck?!

I didn't even know that shit still worked and I ended up buying the ps3 version..so after nearly 2 years without a ps3, i get one and ch2k is dead?!

FUCK

Hard to support a game in which you don't have the license for it anymore.

McNei1y

Even Golf is more exciting. Baseball has also had several movies based around it, all of them terrible. The only time baseball was ever exciting was when steroids were involved, which is actually why I want steroids to be mandatory in baseball.

Guy who dislikes baseball watches baseball movie expecting to like it.

That's like me, a guy that hates Twilight, watch the Twilight movies, and then complain that I disliked Twlight.

Even Golf is more exciting. Baseball has also had several movies based around it, all of them terrible.

1989-major-league-poster1.jpg

Guy who dislikes baseball watches baseball movie expecting to like it.

That's like me, a guy that hates Twilight, watch the Twilight movies, and then complain that I disliked Twlight.

When did I say I expected to like the movies?

Rookie of the Year is an exception, now that I think about it. Fantastic movie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honest to god, Major League and Mr. Baseball are fucking EXCELLENT movies. Rookie of the Year is horrible.

Sokantish

Even Golf is more exciting. Baseball has also had several movies based around it, all of them terrible. The only time baseball was ever exciting was when steroids were involved, which is actually why I want steroids to be mandatory in baseball.

Perhaps someone is forgetting the GEM Angels in the Outfield?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF - Professor Beef v Tom Selleck's Mr Baseball character.

Oh I know what weapon will haunt Beef's days.

Just realized I need to work on the OT. I'm still doing it, right? Did I earn it?

You didn't have to say it.
Your avatar's new eyes don't let you read minds, good sir.
GWF - Professor Beef v Tom Selleck's Mr Baseball character.
Sunflower is already making preparations to bury my character after I compared GWF to TNA on Twitter. Maybe after all this, my character can finally REST. IN. PEEEEEEEEEEEAS.
Beef doesn't know what he's talking about.

News at 11.

It's an opinion, which sometimes I forget that I need to clarify since GAF takes their sacred cows super seriously.

strobogo

Banned
Baseball is only good live, when you're sitting around chatting with your bros/girls/family. It's the worst on TV. The game is completely secondary to going to one.

Sunflower is already making preparations to bury my character after I compared GWF to TNA on Twitter. Maybe after all this, my character can finally REST. IN. PEEEEEEEEEEEAS.

It's an opinion, which sometimes I forget that I need to clarify since GAF takes their sacred cows super seriously.

Professor Beef, those ARE fighting words though.

Baseball is only good live, when you're sitting around chatting with your bros/girls/family. It's the worst on TV. The game is completely secondary to going to one.

I'll agree to this. Saw a Baseball game in the Summer when I was on holiday, was great just sitting in the sun while some people played sport, talking to friends (eating the food we smuggled in as we didn't want to pay $100 for Hot Dogs).

McNei1y

All I'm saying is that I don't think people would enjoy something based on a topic that they already dislike.

I wouldn't watch a movie about Twilight, My Little Pony, John Cena, or Baja Fresh. Even if all of them were the best movies in history.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

After those cold words about Tom Selleck, perhaps a burial is what you need!

Question for ya - did you ever try watching Magnum PI? PS: Our friendship hinges on your response.

Professor Beef, those ARE fighting words though.
And I WANT my character to suffer.
I think Tekken is boring and should be made a bit shorter on stream.

lol
After those cold words about Tom Selleck, perhaps a burial is what you need!

Question for ya - did you ever try watching Magnum PI? PS: Our friendship hinges on your response.

I have vague memories of it from back when I was a kid. Checking Wikipedia, it ran from 1980-88, so I might have seen a rerun? I dunno.

G-Fex

what's funny is that though I liked field of dreams it's not what got me into baseball.

Playing Baseball (the original black box NES version) got me into baseball. That and Base Wars and RBI and bases loaded helped.

though I'm no expert at it.

somedevil

Here is some Wrestling News:

Here are updated year-to-date WWE DVD sales figures, as of 10/31:

* WrestleMania 29: 230,000(Released in May)
* The Rock's DVD: 150,000 (Released in Feb)
* Undertaker's DVD: 112,000(Released in July)
* CM Punk's DVD: 105,000 (released in October)
* Royal Rumble 2012: 89,000(Released in Feb)

Great Punk DVD sales for a month of sales.

WWE merchandise sales has been described as "haves" and "have nots." A few talents are reportedly making "great money," with all others not faring too well.

It means Daniel Bryan and Punk are most likely bringing in the money.

WWE has contemplated building towards a Ryback vs. Big Show match at WrestleMania 29 on April 7, 2013 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. It is based on the idea of Ryback having a "WrestleMania moment" by hoisting Show onto his shoulders and marching around.

This also could be biggest failure at a Wrestlemania moment if he can't do it.

As of this week, it appears the Undertaker will be working at WrestleMania 29. With his potential opponents limited to strong heels that can get a great match out of him, the current front runner is CM Punk

I would enjoy that and also Daniel Bryan should get a shot if Punk doesn't do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me just clarify, none of us are LEGITIMATELY irritated with anyone else here right now, right?

I mean...even Soul has not posted a Kane pic in a couple pages. I think we're all as cool as cucumbers.

Right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me just clarify, none of us are LEGITIMATELY irritated with anyone else here right now, right?

I mean...even Soul has not posted a Kane pic in a couple pages. I think we're all as cool as cucumbers.

Right?

I've been purposely ignored by Laserfrog's christmas avatars, so I'm assuming he's hot at me making fun of his old men.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I would enjoy that and also Daniel Bryan should get a shot if Punk doesn't do it.
Bryan stated in an interview that he really wouldn't want to face Taker at WM, because he knows that would mean that he's jobbing. And even though my genius allowed me to foresee Punk/Taker at WM before any of this (even while many of you doubted me, and said it wouldn't happen), I still don't want to see it. WM Taker feuds are designed only to build up Taker, and do nothing for the jobber. Punk shouldn't just be another WM Taker victim, when he's the biggest heel in the company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan stated in an interview that he really wouldn't want to face Taker at WM, because he knows that would mean that he's jobbing. And even though my genius allowed me to foresee Punk/Taker at WM before any of this (even while many of you doubted me, and said it wouldn't happen), I still don't want to see it. WM Taker feuds are designed only to build up Taker, and do nothing for the jobber. Punk shouldn't just be another WM Taker victim, when he's the biggest heel in the company.

What you have to do with Taker is continue giving him credible opponents. HHH was credible.

Why?

Because inside, we all wondered if HHH's ego was bigger than Taker's streak.

I'm going to snitch to MLBGAF.
Make sure to tell them about my steroids comment, too.
Ryback is an anchor arms spokesman
lmao

Right?

He did? I skipped past a bunch of pages since all I do with threads on my subscription list is click on the orange button that takes me to the latest post. But the thread had jumped ahead about 5 pages since I went to sleep, so I said "fuck it" and here we are.

Top Bottom