• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Black Panther is out, rank your top 5 MCU films

0. X-2
1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man

Everything else is kinda boring and the new stuff is plagued with the most forced "humor"
Black Panther has ReBoot-level CGI on some of those fight scenes

EBE

Aren't list threads discouraged?
And it's generally good form to lead your discussions with your own opinions lol

Anyway, I guess Ironman and maybe Doctor Strange. I really don't care for the rest. Not that I think these are great by any stretch, or that I'm interested in revisiting them. Just probably the nicest of a forgettable bunch.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2 & 3. The Avengers & Black Panther
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
Maybe 5. Iron Man

Winter Soldier and Black Panther are phenomenal movies, superheroes aside. The Avengers was something I never thought I'd really see. I can't really decide whether I like Avengers more than BP or not, so I put them at a tie. I'm also under that Iron Man is really my #5, but eh. It's an internet list.

Last edited:
I have no idea what Black Panther does better than the rest except maybe world building.
If anything else it's a mix of a lot of forgettable elements. Tired Marvel Formula. Evil Clone bad guy. Bad CGi.

Winter soldier, black panther, guardians, iron man 2, Thor Ragnarok, Spiderman 2 are all in the same league to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 - Winter Soldier
2 - Iron Man
3 - Avengers
4 - Civil War
5 - Thor Ragnarok

Winter soldier is the best because it doesn't feel like just another cookie cutter super hero movie.

The majority of MCU movies blend in together in the ok category. BP included. There are a few shit tier IMO. Thor 1 and 2, hulk.

All of the mcu movies are watchable though even the terrible ones like Thor 2
Or at least I'd much rather watch them that the last Star Wars movie

Alx

It's hard to come up with an order, since I don't like all movies for the same reasons. I'd go with :
1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 3
4. Guardians of the Galaxy vol2
5. Iron Man 2

Yes I do like Iron Man a lot. ^^
And I haven't watched Dr Strange yet. Maybe Captain America could find its place somewhere in the list.

Susurrus

1. Doctor Strange - Special effects were amazing and the character stands out to me in that he's less about power and more about manipulation of...everything
2. Ant Man - I laughed a lot/more of an average joe-schmoe getting abilities
3. Avengers 1 - Classic buildup
4. Iron Man 1 - Had a lot of action and 'tude
5. GotG 1 - Good mix of comedy/action, and the soundtrack was good.

kunonabi

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2
Black Panther
Ant-man
Avengers: Age of Ultron

If I'm trying to be more impartial/objective then I would replace the last two with the first GotG and Civil War.

trikster40

I’ve been debating this myself since seeing BP. I don’t think it makes my top 5.

1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Civil War
4. Avengers (simply for what it did at the time)
5. Thor Ragnarok

Ant-Man was close, so was Dr Strange. BP may be 7 or 8.

1. Civil War
2. Antman
3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. Last Thor movie

I'm not a fan but from my observation MCU movies tend to be better than mediocre only if they are centered around Captain or if they feel like parody of superhero movies (Antman and last Thor)

Haven't watched BP yet.

1. Winter Soldier
2. Black Panther
3. Iron Man
4. The Avengers
5. Thor Ragnarock
6. Civil War
7. Homecoming
8. Doctor Strange
9. Ant Man
10. Guardians 1
11. Captain America
12. Guardians 2
13. Thor
14. Iron Man 3
15. Iron Man 2
16. Ultron
17. Thor 2
18. Hulk

Last edited:

ThisGuy

Gotg 1/2
Logan

The rest are about the same. I would say doc strange, but honestly its because his abilities intrigue me, not that the movie excelled. I haven't a lot of the others.

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Doctor Strange
4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
5. Ant-Man

It's a rough list. My 1 & 2 are definitely my top faves by quite a margin.

Cato

Banned
1. Black Panther
2 to 5 are all reserved for BP sequels

Bigger question is that since BP can not win "best foreign film" at the Oscars. Should we petition The Oscars to drop that category this year so
that BP can win every single Oscar this year? A full sweep for a great film. The best film ever, now and in the future.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 and 2 still take the cake for me. I don't get the love for Logan. It bored me. Black Panther was good, but for me on par with Thor Ragnarok.

MiserlyNubian

Neo Member
I have no idea what Black Panther does better than the rest except maybe world building.
If anything else it's a mix of a lot of forgettable elements. Tired Marvel Formula. Evil Clone bad guy. Bad CGi.

Black Panther has the most unique villain of them all and probably the most sympathetic. Hardly an evil clone type.

Logan
X-men first class
X-men 2
Winter soldier
The Avengers

Logan/X-Men franchise (thus far) is not MCU.

I’m sorry but I’m OCD about this, can’t let this go.

If the question was just “Marvel comics inspired movies” or “comic book movies” my list would be way different. Blade is awesome. Blade isn’t MCU either.

The question is MCU movies, so that means:

Thor (three movies)
Iron Man (three movies)
Captain America (three movies)
Avengers (two movies)
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Spidey: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy (two movies)
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk (I had forgotten this was MCU canon)

Do people really not know the difference between MCU and Sony/Marvel or are they just ignoring the distinction

Last edited:

MiserlyNubian

Neo Member
Black Pander will be at the bottom of the list and fuck ResetEra for banning me.

Maybe you should just accept that Black Panther is a good movie AND that there are millions of black moviegoers who have been waiting for this to happen. There is clearly an audience for black superheroes. Just accept that not all superheroes have to be white men.

Top Bottom