• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD August 2011 Sales Results [Update 4: OoT 3D]

Celine

C4Lukins said:
Why would you combine the DS and 3DS when talking about hardware sales?
Because she was comparing with the previous year and obviously 3DS wasn't there and cut into DS sales currently.

C4Lukins

Ridley327 said:
It implies that the DS sales had a bit of downturn.

Weird that analysts are already using 3DS totals to prop up the DS...

I know it is just a strange thing to say.

Cipherr

ClovingSteam said:
BLOPS #3 and its almost been a year since its release? Wow.

Thats some evergreen Nintendo title type of shit right there, I noticed that too. Normally those titles fall off, but developers, or Activision has struck GOLD.

Is DX a new IP or a sequel, I should probably look into it. Its on PC too right?

majornelson
#NPD TIme: Xbox 360 sold 308,000 units in August, maintaining the # 1 console spot in the U.S. for 2011

Edit: Beaten by seconds

Paches

Deus Ex came out at the exact right time, right before the holiday onslaught of awesomeness, very happy for that studio.

Cipherr said:
Thats some evergreen Nintendo title type of shit right there, I noticed that too. Normally those titles fall off, but developers, or Activision has struck GOLD.

People cant get enough of COD it seems.

It also makes the MW3 results very interesting to see.

kaskade

Awesome for Deus Ex, especially since it didn't have the full month.

CODBLOPs is number 3. That's pretty insane. I don't know why you wouldn't hold off for MW3 at this point though.

Good to see Deus Ex on the top, but that's not really that impressive given this month's releases. We need to see an actual number.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah for Deus Ex! ^_^ (Actually I've never played it, but my best friend is a huge fan so he's super stoked!) ^^;

Not surprised by Deus Ex since it was the first major release on a console since inFamous 2.

So long NBA 2k11. I hope NBA 2k12 will have a similar reign.

I also hope the 3DS numbers are promising. Nintendo needs some news that doesn't include "batshit insane."

see5harp

Would it be impossible to see both Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 chart in the same month? That would be some straight Nintendo shit.

onQ123

Kazerei said:
What the heck is Phineas and Ferb?

Nice to see Zelda OOT up there.

10744100.jpg

Top Bottom