• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD February 2019 Results

ethomaz

Banned
Wow Anthem 2nd best Bioware launch ever, after Mass Effect 3. And it doesnt take into account people playing the game on EA Access.
So much for bombing lol.
ME3 did 1.3m without digital is what they are comparing to Anthem with digital.

Now compared that:

Destiny: 2.7m without digital
The Division: 1.8m without digital

Edit - I found Destiny data.

Last edited:

Stuart360

ME3 did 1.3m without digital is what they are comparing to Anthem with digital.

Now compared that:

Destiny: 2.7m without digital
The Division: 1.8m without digital

Edit - I found Destiny data.
Its still no.2 for the year though, so if Anthem 'bombed', every game released this year has bombed.

Stuart360

A JRPG is the number one.
Its Kingdom Herats 3, one of the biggest fanboy series around, and a sequel 10 years in the making or something. Its also been out longer than Anthem.
Honestly the lengths people go to try and push the agenda against Anthem. If it finished the year in the Top 10, people will still be pretending it bombed.

ethomaz

Banned
Its Kingdom Herats 3, one of the biggest fanboy series around, and a sequel 10 years in the making or something. Its also been out longer than Anthem.
Honestly the lengths people go to try and push the agenda against Anthem. If it finished the year in the Top 10, people will still be pretending it bombed.
There is no way to that happens thought...

Dthomp

Glad to see Anthem did better then GAF gave it credit for. I enjoy it, it helps that I don't play it 12 hours a day so that I'm out of content in a week.

demigod

Interesting...though it did come out halfway through the month. While not amazing, I actually thought it was a lot of arcadey fun.

Also, I would have to imagine that Game Pass, by design, likely impacts some sales here as well.

It is crazy though that GTA5 is still cracking the top 10.

It came out a week before Anthem so really no excuses. Gamepass killed Crackdown 3 sales. This has got to be the biggest bomb ever.

Xiaoki

There is no way to that happens thought...
Well, considering that you wrote "Anthem is dead" then Anthem comes in at #1 I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 1) you have something personal against Anthem and 2) your powers of precognition are lacking.

ethomaz

Banned
Well, considering that you wrote "Anthem is dead" then Anthem comes in at #1 I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 1) you have something personal against Anthem and 2) your powers of precognition are lacking.
Or 3) Anthem sold bad.

Like I said less than 1.3m including digital is bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom