• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Numbers for November 2008

2ivxrmh.jpg

LowParry

Seriously. If it wasn't for the exclusive games on the PS3 (Resistance, White Knight, Valk, R&C) I'd sell my PS3. But seriously. I live like in reverse land. I own a PS3/360/PC but no Wii. The hell am I missing here? :lol

sciplore

Its official Nintendo made a killing this holiday year and possibly for now on. Good numbers for 360 and wow at ps3.

Also sales for Banjo, Last Remnant and comparisons for 360 and Wii Tales please.

voltron said:
Wii Music more popular than LBP.

ridiculous

Not really, I've put way more time into Wii Music than I have LBP, and I know I'm not alone there.

If anything, Wii Music deserves more sales than it's already had.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm a bit disappointed in 360's numbers, to be honest. Thought they would be higher with the 199 price point and the great Black Friday deals. Wonder if the increased Wii availability stole some of its thunder..

Gary Whitta said:
Can't wait to see what arcane statistics Sony will contort in order to spin this latest disaster.

Dark Knight blu-ray sales. believe.

And good for Nintendo, bad for pretty much everyone else (like, everyone..that includes anyone reading this)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
itxaka said:
I demand (please? :p) a chart with the best selling games in US VS wii play and another with Wii and Ps2 date aligned please.

Best-selling single SKU titles of all time.

Wii Play (7.9)
GTA SA PS2 (6.9)
GTA VC PS2 (6.8)
Super Mario 64 (5.9)
GTA3 PS2 (5.6)

country. mile.

VALIS said:
Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K
PSP: 567K / 421K = -146K

Sony needs to make some serious changes.
Dude, HOME is out!
so now they can stop with that bullshit and maybe focus on other, important matters :p

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wow just wow... I have so many non-offensive things to say, but almost all of them will get me banned.

smh Sony.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
VALIS said:
Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K
PSP: 567K / 421K = -146K

Sony needs to make some serious changes.

I didn't know that they went down. Umm, they just need to ride this out till PS4. This is nail in the coffin type stuff here.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Gary Whitta said:
Can't wait to see what arcane statistics Sony will contort in order to spin this latest disaster.

"The PlayStation 3 entertainment system sold a ridiculously huge number of units considering just how utterly retarded our pricing is."

Jon

*basks in the glory of Nintendo*

And I think this finally confirms that LBP did not go over as well as people expected. Bummer for them. So does this mean a december upwards of 4 million for Wii? Things are gonna be intense.

Imagine if someone had predicted that 360 Left for dead would sell more in November than LBP did in October and November?

Both great games, but I thought Left for Dead was going to get overlooked, I mean its pretty online only and had nothing like the hype of LBP

tabsina

Wowsers - thread prediction

~300 posts exclaiming the wiis sales
~109 gifs
~2000-2500 posts about the first 200 posts and the sales being the only thing wii fans have to be happy about
~50 sales discussion posts

The Hermit

Holy fucking crap!

And to everyone who say that wii owners only get happy during NPD day, just check the DQ X thread.

I hope that´s just the beginning of a flow of big 3rd parties.

smurfx

get some go again
when sony drops the price of the ps3 next year nobody is going to give a damn. the economy will only get worse and nobody will be wanting to spend 300 on a ps3 when they can get a xbox 360 for 200 or wii for 250. now if sony dropped the price of the ps3 to 250 or 200 then they might pick up sales but that won't ever happen. sony's future in the video game market is looking bleak.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jon said:
*basks in the glory of Nintendo*

And I think this finally confirms that LBP did not go over as well as people expected. Bummer for them. So does this mean a december upwards of 4 million for Wii? Things are gonna be intense.

The #10 game was at almost 300K.

It could have equaled its October sales and not charted and still be at almost 500K in the U.S

Not an overwhelming success but not a bomb.

Holy crap @ 2M Wii! Nice numbers for the 360 and L4D....I thought Gears 2 sold 2M first week? And wtf with the Wii Muisc bump, /disgusted.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Defuser said:
See Sony? That's what you get for not dropping the price. I wonder how Sony will spin this.
Actually dropping the price isn't necessarily the best answer. Sony's goal is profit maximization cutting their losses. So lowering the price isn't going to help unless they have a large enough increase in sales to get a larger revenue than initially.

mr_bishiuk said:
Imagine if someone had predicted that 360 Left for dead would sell more in November than LBP did in October and November?

Both great games, but I thought Left for Dead was going to get overlooked, I mean its pretty online only and had nothing like the hype of LBP

I know. Those scrappy little zombies done good after all!!

justchris

Why are the 500 Internal Server-

EviLore said:
Playstation 2 206k
Playstation 3 378k
PSP 421k
Xbox 360 836k
Wii 2.04M
DS 1.57M

Oh.

....no way in hell December for Wii is gonna be twice November.

cakefoo

Yep, time to sell my PS3 and change over to something else so I can dance on NPD day.

Or I could just enjoy the games.

*thinks*

Would that be silly?

Top Bottom