• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Numbers for November 2008

Ulairi

Banned
I cannot wait for 1up Yours to show how inept they are at actual analysis tomorrow. The gaming intelligentsia has constantly been proven wrong. The only difference now and during the PS2 generations is the proliferation of numbers.

Proven

Oh shit, you have to realize that the second CoD:World at War is probably the Wii version too.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. I thought the PS3 version also had some kind of special edition, so it would have gotten a * next to it like the 360 version.

itxaka

Defeatist
Captain Smoker said:
Software LTD's:
Wii Play: 7.929.501
Mario Kart Wii: 4.013.000
Wii Fit: 3.530.134
Wii Music: 378.000

Hardware LTD's:
PS2: 42.948.000
NDS: 24.463.000
WII: 15.391.000
PSP: 13.227.000
360: 12.449.000
PS3: 6.062.000

I demand (please? :p) a chart with the best selling games in US VS wii play and another with Wii and Ps2 date aligned please.

Gaborn

Wii's sales are so ridiculous :lol :lol :lol I was an OPTIMIST on sales this month, well above gaf average and... :lol :lol :lol :lol wow.

JaMarco

7240h3.gif

VALIS

Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K
PSP: 567K / 421K = -146K

Sony needs to make some serious changes.

Azure J

Requesting sales numbers for Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Valkyria Chronicles please. Also, fuck. Wii Music picked up again. :lol

5:1 Gears 2 over Resistance 2? I don't think there was enough salmon to fill the bear. :lol

Holy crap at the Wii numbers. 2 million is just...there isn't even a word for that.

Sony seriously needs a price drop. If they're under 1 million in December, it might be before February.

FrankT

Stumpokapow said:
PS3 numbers are awful. Substantially down YOY despite major software launches.

Wii's January - November: 8.05 million units.
PS2's best ever January - December: 8.39 million units.

Wii Play is now best-selling single SKU in tracked history by a country mile.

Aye, little surprised it was down that much YoY. I thought it maybe down although I also thought flat maybe reachable, but that is a good tick.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
5:1 Gears 2 over Resistance 2? I don't think there was enough salmon to fill the bear. :lol

Holy crap at the Wii numbers. 2 million is just...there isn't even a word for that.

Sony seriously needs a price drop. If they're under 1 million in December, it might be before February.

They will most definitely be under a million for the month with these numbers. Well under in fact. Almost without question. If it was down this much for November YoY yea. It did about 850k last year during the month IIRC.

So is that confirmed now guys, we're still 'waiting for Killzone 2' then?

Disappointed in Resistance. I love that game. Played it online for the first time last night, fucking hectic 60 player match. Should have sold more.

Got my 360 prediction wrong. I underestimated it by about 200K. Got the PS3 about right I think. And again, I got the Wii prediciton bitches!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
this'll get lost in the avalanche, but whatever...

does anyone have numbers for the last couple of gens from launch sales? I'd like to see how well PS3/360 are doing compared to established console sales patterns. Its irrelevant to compare them to wii and say they are failing as Wii is just something else. Its basically the Mamma Mia of the gaming world - which works as a 'normal people are buying it, not just movie fans' type comparison and also as a mario one :)

suffah

Does maths and stuff
VALIS said:
Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K
PSP: 567K / 421K = -146K

Sony needs to make some serious changes.

Price cuts are the only changes they can make. And they will make them.

Pachael

So now all the whiners in the 'X360 sold 2x PS3' thread can quieten down now, but even then, Wii selling 2.5x 360 is another thing, Wii to PS3 5:1 is quite a sight to behold

And! Wii Music! isn't! a! complete! bomb! 300K! ;p

Top Bottom