• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

Welfare

I know Alan Wake sold 145k, but all we know so far is that QB is <150k with bundles.

Was wondering if there was a hint about standalone QB sales.

Regiruler

I honestly don't know why Nintendo choose Star Fox out of all other series to revive.

I'm sure a new Waverace would sell better than this with lower budget.
That would require people who care about wave race.

On this planet, I think they number in the dozens or so. Can't confirm for other solar systems.

Javin98

Banned
Probably waiting for it to outsell Halo5, Quantum Break, and the latest Forza, combined, so they can tweet Greenburg about it...

I kid.....
You jest, but excluding bundles, Uncharted 4 has the potential to outsell Halo 5 and Quantum Break in their respective debut months combined. Worldwide, Uncharted 4 will easily outsell the three you mentioned combined. Now that you mention it, I want to see the fake Kaz Hirai tweet Greenberg about it.

You jest, but excluding bundles, Uncharted 4 has the potential to outsell Halo 5 and Quantum Break in their respective debut months combined. Worldwide, Uncharted 4 will easily outsell the three you mentioned combined. Now that you mention it, I want to see the fake Kaz Hirai tweet Greenberg about it.

Its gotta happen!

Since Fake Kaz is probably a Gaffer, here you go to help with the tweet, lol!

18j3f5uo2i0frjpg.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think it's possible due to the performance of TLOU and the size of the PS4 base in the US that Uncharted becomes bigger than Halo this gen. That would be pretty amazing for Sony, but I find it hard to think of Uncharted as a "bigger" franchise...even if it is globally.

I guess TLOU is bigger than Halo 4 and 5 globally? I don't know how 4 sold other than the "Fast selling!!!11" thing.

I think it's possible due to the performance of TLOU and the size of the PS4 base in the US that Uncharted becomes bigger than Halo this gen. That would be pretty amazing for Sony, but I find it hard to think of Uncharted as a "bigger" franchise...even if it is globally.

I guess TLOU is bigger than Halo 4 and 5 globally? I don't know how 4 sold other than the "Fast selling!!!11" thing.

Based on number crunching on here Uncharted 3 outsold Halo 4. It was almost a forgone conclusion that Uncharted 4 would be bigger because of the double install base and decline in Halo since Bungie left.

RexNovis

Banned

When looking at the sales for the franchise there is absolutely no question Halo is the bigger franchise. But there is also no question that it is currently a franchise in substantial decline. The same cannot be said of Uncharted as it has a upward trending sales curve for each game and by most accounts it is expected to continue with the 4th entry being the best selling yet.

I guess you could say the former is a titan that has fallen whereas the latter has gradually climbed its way to greatness from small beginnings.

Wow that's an obnoxious tweet. The dumbest part is that means some analyst at MS ran that exact query and then decided to run with it internally, which then elevated, and finally got tweeted out. Just a bit gross. Would be gross if the other guys did it too.

When looking at the sales for the franchise there is absolutely no question Halo is the bigger franchise. But there is also no question that it is currently a franchise in substantial decline. The same cannot be said of Uncharted as it has a upward trending sales curve for each game and by most accounts it is expected to continue with the 4th entry being the best selling yet.

I guess you could say the former is a titan that has fallen whereas the latter has gradually climbed its way to greatness from small beginnings.

XS5LK.gif

Javin98

Banned
Its gotta happen!

Geez, everytime I see this tweet, I can't help but feel it was deserving that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 2:1. The arrogance of some of the MS execs is palpable. Wonder how Greenberg would feel if Uncharted 4 does outsell Halo 5, Quantum Break, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 combined in the long run.

Edit: Just realized that I missed out the key word "combined". :p

I think it's going to be the only 90+ metacritic MS gets this gen though

Now that you brought that up, how is it possible that MS has zero 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and PS4 has five. It baffles me that PS4 has five 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and people say PS4 doesn't have good games.

Now that you brought that up, how is it possible that MS has zero 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and PS4 has five. It baffles me to say that PS4 has five 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and people say PS4 doesn't have good games.

The only good games came out when people were 12.

And 12 year olds are playing on tablets now.

i'm out of the loop. what's the deal with wanting quantum break to be a mega seller? i thought it was a holdover from microsoft's early xbox one plans that are now essentially buried. whether it was a success or not, i didn't think it was going to be continued just for it being out of its time in 2016.

Because Xbox needs a win, basically.

Welfare

Now that you brought that up, how is it possible that MS has zero 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and PS4 has five. It baffles me that PS4 has five 90+ exclusive games on metacritic and people say PS4 doesn't have good games.

The Last of Us Remastered - Movie

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Movie

Journey - Not a game

Bloodborne - Meme

flower - A plant.

I don't know man. Not looking good for Sony.

Please see the sarcasm.

Daft Punk

Banned
Geez, everytime I see this tweet, I can't help but feel it was deserving that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 2:1. The arrogance of some of the MS execs is palpable. Wonder how Greenberg would feel if Uncharted 4 does outsell Halo 5, Quantum Break, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 in the long run.

I pray at the end of this gen, someone writes a book on how Sony pulled off the comeback of the decade. Going from 3rd place back to 1st? The hubris coming from MS was immense.

RexNovis

Banned

Can we please not appeal to metacritic as an authority on what makes a good game ever again. Citing it as some sort of an appeal to authority on what qualifies as good or bad is among the saddest of arguments I see on GAF.

Matt

Geez, everytime I see this tweet, I can't help but feel it was deserving that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 2:1. The arrogance of some of the MS execs is palpable. Wonder how Greenberg would feel if Uncharted 4 does outsell Halo 5, Quantum Break, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 in the long run.
...if?

That would require people who care about wave race.

On this planet, I think they number in the dozens or so. Can't confirm for other solar systems.
One of the best games ever. If they make it with shit gimmicks it won't sell.. Are of like blue storm, no.

More like the original which is really good, if will sell.

And a lot of people care or atleast should.
The only problem is they won't make it like the good one.

Javin98

Banned
Well, Uncharted 4 hasn't even been out for a week yet, so we can't know for sure if it will outsell all those games I mentioned combined. Personally, I think it will sell slightly better than The Last Of Us, but only time will tell.

Edit: Oh, I see. I missed out combined. My bad. :p

Rymuth

Rather than looking at Uncharted being the bigger franchise, it's more of how far Halo had fallen from being THE biggest franchise. Not to disparage Uncharted/ND how far had come but I think that first point should be the takeaway.

Wow that's an obnoxious tweet. The dumbest part is that means some analyst at MS ran that exact query and then decided to run with it internally, which then elevated, and finally got tweeted out. Just a bit gross. Would be gross if the other guys did it too.
Obnoxious is Aaron's middle-name. Not the worst tweet he's ever done.

RexNovis

Banned
So UC4 first week (192k) outsold QB first week (28k) by 6.8x in the UK. o_O

Also outsold Halo 5's first week by >25%.

So if the ratios are the same for NPD that would put UC4 at ~1.1 million for NPD debut.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
UK FIRST WEEK SALES FOR THE 3 BIGGER EXCLUSIVES

[PS4] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END - 192,000
[XBO] HALO 5: GUARDIANS - 150,000
[WIU] MARIO KART 8 - 69,000

Top Bottom