• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ah, Lego on 3DS was the third best selling SKU.

Many interesting multi shares in top 10. ...Even kind of random I'd say XD

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I clarified a statement in the OP.

Retail sales for December are up 2% year over year, but the full year is down 2%.

looking at the software sales, it seems like XBO sold better than ps4 on the top games. MS are really working hard and people are getting the message, buying their system and games in USA. Can Sony ever take it?

I wonder if Sony spread themselves thin cause they werent brave enough to take on usa?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now begins the long wait for dose leaky leak leakos. Always hits just as I'm like "fuck this, i'm off to bed".

Good numbers for MS.

There shouldn't be any meltdowns over MS taking December(for next gen), anybody with a brain could see it coming...but this is neogaf.

So Sony sold out as was pretty much expected, although I thought there was the chance they could have gotten another million into the channel.

Great numbers for a launch system though. No one would have expected this many sold so fast.

Ew7IdUO.jpg

Prine

Banned
Well done MS!!! And they hold 6 of the top 10 games for December too.

Love this machine! And so does the US :)

Shinypogs

So both the xbox one and the 360 sold about what they did last month, I'm not interested in them but that must be a good thing.

Microsoft doesn't acknowledge the existence of handhelds. So there's no use including them in any calc from their stats.

Software SKUs for Dec and 2013 total are sort of interesting, XBO has reversed the PS4's advantage from last month in several titles.

It makes sense that the XBOne would manage to move more units than the blink and its gone PS4 in December. Sony clearly went for a global strategy after they had managed to topple the MS domination in the US.

However, if Sony is not able to capitalize on the glut of XBOnes available in the US and dominate sales in January, then I think they are making a mistake in priorities. I don't necessarily expect that, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

From the charts, the Bone is winning in the military shooter/Madden box market too.

RyudBoy

XB1 seems to be outselling PS4 in the FPS department. On the flip side, PS4 is winning in the sports games category (except Madden).

720p don't matter to the casual.

Pain

Banned
Damn, XBO version of nearly all multiplats outsold their PS4 counterparts.

What good is it to have the best and cheapest console on the market if people can't buy it? Well done Microsoft, you just outsold the $100, more powerful/cheaper/hyped PS4. It's not small feat.

kurbaan

Banned
What do you mean? They both advertised everywhere.

EDIT: NBA2K14 needs to stop selling. Trash game.

NA is MS main market. Yeah they market all over but their main focus is USA, most of their features are tailored for that and most of their stock has been sent to USA. Based on the WW numbers released recently.

imtehman

Banned
how MS still manages to sell that manyconsoles at 499 is amazing. Does 100 dollars really matter that much compared to the ps3's 599 fiasco? I

DaBoss

I clarified a statement in the OP.

Retail sales for December are up 2% year over year, but the full year is down 2%.
It says retail sales for December are down 2% YoY in the OP.
lots of games are moving to digital instead of retail. get used to seeing that headline.
I thought it was talking about the month of December, but going up a measly 2% in December is disappointing.
Console warring.
Ahh, OK.

Top Bottom