• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Mikey Jr.

I really think Uncharted 4 will benefit from the Uncharted collection. I'm not sure it can crack a million on npd though. It is coming out at like the end of April. It'll beat quantum break easily though. I know that much for sure.

zsynqx

I really think Uncharted 4 will benefit from the Uncharted collection. I'm not sure it can crack a million on npd though. It is coming out at like the end of April. It'll beat quantum break easily though. I know that much for sure.

The reason I think UC4 will do so well is because of TLOU and how that game elevated ND.

I wonder how Das3 will do, honestly have no idea.

stryke

Is there any title besides Division launching in March? Only other one I can think of is Zelda.

I think it'll do over 1 million easily. Even Hardline managed it.

Hardline has the benefit of riding on the Battlefield name. Not a good comparison.

QaaQer

I'd just like to join in with some of the skepticism I've read in this thread about the claim that Rise of the Tomb Raider "sold through well over one million units".

There was some speculation when the one million figure was announced that ROTR must of had a really great December but now we know that this wasn't the case.

Need to!parse. Was the one million on x1, or x1+360, or x1+360+the ones nvidia bought?

Yoshi's Wooly World is the most adorable game I've ever played. I love it so much. Feel goods all over.

The feels that game induces are legendary. I need to finish it actually. I'm glad that it seems to have done decently for itself. 450k in US, 100k in Germany, 100k in Japan. Tking the rest of the World into account looks like it probably did a solid 800k. I wonder what the legs will be like.

Votron

Looking at the chart, you just realize how low and [almost] irrelevant Nintendo has become when it comes to Third Party.
No sight of any Nintendo Home console whatsoever. Hoping for a change with the NX. Really hoping.

Until Dawn at 330? Great legs on that one. And Bloodborne at 754? Damn, that's quite impressive too. And a few posters doubted the 2 mil number.

anyone got a translation.

I know....well the obvious ones.

H ~ 1699
FM ~ 451
GOWU ~ 371
ROTTR ~ 345
RR ~ 239
SOD ~ 81

Halo
Forza 6
Gears Ultimate Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
State of Decay I'm guessing?

BB ~ 754
MLB ~ 626
1886 ~ 357
UD ~ 330
U ~ 259
GOW3R ~ 162
TU ~ 24

Blood borne
Major League Baseball
The Order
Until Dawn
Uncharted Collection(?)
God of War 3 Remastered
Tearaway

Thanks Cream! Interesting stuff.

Verendus

Banned
Looking at the chart, you just realize how low and [almost] irrelevant Nintendo has become when it comes to Third Party.
No sight of any Nintendo Home console whatsoever. Hoping for a change with the NX. Really hoping.
It shows just how great Nintendo's foresight really is. They practiced for when they become irrelevant to everyone as a whole, and are now merely executing their plan.

SOD being Sunset Overdrive means these are YTD numbers then, right? Well, it only really matters for that one game anyways.

And thanks Cream!

Sunset Overdrive.
The rest is correct.

Hmm, im not sure about that, I'm pretty sure Sunset Overdrive launched at around 200k(?) in October 2014 NPDs... not sure how sales went down from then? It could be this years sales for Sunset... would be strange though?

Mory Dunz

Halo
Forza 6
Gears Ultimate Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
State of Decay I'm guessing?

Blood borne
Major League Baseball
The Order
Until Dawn
Uncharted Collection(?)
God of War 3 Remastered
Tearaway

Thanks Cream! Interesting stuff.

thanks.

Those are...good numbers I guess? It's hard to really say these days.
I guess expectations are lower for exclusives a bit nowadays

For all of Sony's marketing successes in trying to wrestler away the shooter audience from Xbox, they have not had similar successes on the children's market.

So Halo 5 probably hit 2.1 million when you consider digital, rounded to the nearest tenth.

Rare Relpay seems like a game that would do really well digitally. I wonder if the digital ratio for that game is higher than most other games.

Bloodborne did amazing. I've heard the From doesn't want to make more Souls games (not sure if that's true, just things I've heard from podcasts) so I wonder if or when Bloodborne 2 is coming.

Top Bottom