• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2015 [PS4 #1, Nintendo Numbers, XB1 Minimum]

Alchemist

With The Order coming out next week, Bloodborne in March and Sony's co-marking deals for both Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham, I can't see Microsoft winning a single month this year that isn't Halo month.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Not really.

Fable Legends, Forza 6, Quantum Break and Halo 5. Plus Rise of Tomb Raider.

I'm sure there will be more, but these are the big guns.
police-hunt-midget-gem-thief-yarpnews.jpg

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is why single pie charts are misleading. Not everything is great in the bread industry.

While they obviously sell a lot. There have been recent trends where indies have been forced to close due to pressure by hypermarkets.

Today's market really isn't all that "healthy" when you look back. :p

And then when you look at the financials of big publishers (at least outside of Japan lol) they are actually healthier than at the start of last gen. Less consoles sold but publishers are better at monetizing those consoles. Of course some publishers like EA also make decent money from mobile.

so according to that Sony man who talked to gamingbolt, the Ps4 sold 18.5 mio consoles up to date..
But is that an old statement that Venture Beat is using or why is it still 18.5 Mio? (Early Januar it was already this number)

Confused....

labaronx

This is why single pie charts are misleading. Not everything is great in the bread industry.

While they obviously sell a lot. There have been recent trends where indie baker have been shuttered by hypermarkets.

Psst everyone knows indie breads are not real breads

Wait sony has marketing deal for mortal kombat too?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
so according to that Sony man who talked to gamingbolt, the Ps4 sold 18.5 mio consoles up to date..
But is that an old statement that Venture Beat is using or why is it still 18.5 Mio? (Early Januar it was already this number)

Confused....
There are a lot of returns in January. Just sayin'!

Microsofts 2015 games are largely unknown at the moment, I guess their waiting til E3. Their first half is looking pretty barren tho and they don't do random directs with surprise releases. I think Nintendo and Sony are looking to have a good year with exclusives, especially Sony who had a terrible First party year in 2014.

Now that Forza 6 has been announced, I seriously doubt they have anything else ready for 2015. There's a reason why their big announcements last year (Crackdown, Scalebound and Phantom Dust) were 2016 games.

Their 2015 lineup is Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza 6, Fable Legends, Tomb Raider and a few smaller titles/remasters (Ori, State of Decay, Screamride and Happy Wars). I could see them announcing one or two more smaller titles but otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's the entire lineup.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
With The Order coming out next week, Bloodborne in March and Sony's co-marking deals for both Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham, I can't see Microsoft winning a single month this year that isn't Halo month.
Sony will also have MGSV comarketing and MLB The Show

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wii U sales as expected, even a bit better maybe (still ridiculously bad). Hopefully Smash and Kart keep the baseline up through the year, and games keep selling. Get some cash flowing in.

allan-bh

Now that Forza 6 has been announced, I seriously doubt they have anything else ready for 2015. There's a reason why their big announcements last year (Crackdown, Scalebound and Phantom Dust) were 2016 games.

Their 2015 lineup is Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza 6, Fable Legends, Tomb Raider and a few smaller titles/remasters (Ori, State of Decay, Screamride and Happy Wars). I could see them announcing one or two more smaller titles but otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's the entire lineup.

I'm betting they will announce a Gears of War Collection.

RoKKeR

I'm pretty confident that we are getting a Gears game of some kind this holiday...

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/532613010645585920/photo/1

RexNovis

Banned
But in January they sold fuck all consoles but most multiplats still sold more on One. Obviously while there aren't a lot of Xbox One owners out there, the ones that exist buy shit tonnes of games.

At this point the hardware gap is pretty minimal in the US with a significant portion of XB1 owners having purchased the console over the holidays it makes sense that they would be looking to pick up yearly iterations and third party titles to go with their new system. The software sales are a carry over from the massive influx of new owners over the holidays. There's really no valid grounds to lie claim that XB1 owners do and will buy more software than PS4 owners.

Is there something I'm missing? Didn't they sell more software?
More software sold per console sold. This could be less software in absolute numbers.

Made up numbers:
XB1: 150k consoles and 300k games. (2 games per console)
PS4: 250k consoles and 400k games. (1.6 games per console)

XB1 has more games sold per console, XB1 wins!

labaronx

They have all the final fantasies, metal gears, kingdom hearts, battlefield, mortal kombat, batman. They are set for the next few years.

Pretty smart og them if you ask me the ps4 commercials for ps4 including the order Bloodborne mlb 15 battlefield and mortal kombat all over the next 3 months

Top Bottom