• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2016

Raylan

Banned
OMG no! Go away! Can't you become a Ouya superfan or something?

Yep, it's happening guys:

1ZPYQGg.jpg

JeffGrubb

FYI -- my story is updated with comments from Callahan.

Things I found noteworth:

PS4, Xbox One sales were down because of price cuts. Down 6 percent in dollars despite flat units sales.

Mario & Luigi No. 10 by SKU

The transition from last gen to current gen is basically over. 96 percent of hardware sales were current gen systems compared to 84 percent last year.

Third consecutive January for GTA V in the top 5. It is actually moving up the chart every January.

PS4, Xbox One sales were down because of price cuts. Down 6 percent in dollars despite flat units sales.

The transition from last gen to current gen is basically over. 96 percent of hardware sales were current gen systems compared to 84 percent last year.

Third consecutive January for GTA V in the top 5. It is actually moving up the chart every January.

PS4 sales are up yoy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Any bets on when GTAV finally falls off the top ten?

When the NX version releases. Yep. It'll crater so much that will create a void where all other versions will fall. Big sales from PS4/One/PS3/360 v.s. negative sales on NX, it'll go from 2nd to 300th istantly.

RyudBoy

Hmmm, Uncharted PS4 bundle was at #15 for Amazon best seller in 2015, Star Wars bundle at #26. COD bundle no where on that list. Even standard PS4 sold at #54.

hawk2025

Really interested to see if Lego TFA will still ride the Star Wars wave once it releases. I think it can become a huge Lego hit, but will it be too late?

Why do you guys keep quoting that CrapGamer guy.

Seriously, half the thread is currently dedicated to a random twitter person.

Think about this.

Crap Gamer seems like an apt moniker. Seems his 180 is about the most interesting thing about this NPD.

GTA5 lol. What the hell.

Sakura

I read as much, which is why I am asking for confirmation from him. The statements are at odds unless they represent different things, or the YoY growth was small enough to be roughly flat.
Quote says 'impressive year over year growth' though. Granted I don't know what they define as impressive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I think we need a statement about bundles in the software chart in the OP. Too many identical questions in less than 200 posts.

JeffGrubb

Perhaps I am misreading, but PS4/X1 were roughly flat YoY, or perhaps flat sum?

PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U (sorry, NPD counts that) unit sales are roughly flat year-over-year combined, according to NPD.

Sony said hardware and software sales were up.

But PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U combined dollar sales were down 6 percent.

Elandyll

Banned

Reading between the lines with what Queso said, the PS4 could potentially have sold north of 225k units this January (+20% or more relating to the "impressive" comments).
IF XB1+PS4 was flat Yoy (339k), and IF I read correctly Queso's comment, that means XB1 has possibly done 114k units or lower (near 25% down Yoy).

Not sure if my maths (based on an implied level of sales) are correct here.

Top Bottom