• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2014 [Up1: 3DS LTDs, Wii U LTDs, Tomodachi]

Melchiah

§ PlayStation 4 games accounted for more than half of total next generation software sales.

B-b-but the PS4 has no games!

Joking aside, I'm happy to see TLOU on the top. It certainly deserves it.

prag16

Banned
Two reasons:
  • It was such a good game, people felt it was worth the asking price to doulble dip to play an even better version.
  • People who own a PS4 that didn't have a PS3 last gen and wanted to play last years GOTY.

One more reason: Lineup otherwise isn't setting the world on fire quite yet.

Hubb

lol i posted this convo last year but he might be right for the remaster :) i can see it being 300k. i am thinking 400k but 300k is very possible and he will be vindicated!!

only 300k before it "vanishes" no way in hell it only reaches 300k lifetime.

Evenflow

And yet is still well below 100k which is a pathetic number.

Never said the baseline wouldn't be higher than before. I'd said that the jump would be barely noticiable and still pathetic, and here we are.
Can everyone harping on about the wii u atleast acknowledge it sold 29k last July? Thats a pretty big year over year increase..

stryke

It isn't? Alright, shall remove.

Lol, they've actually done a pretty good job anticipating Sony's sales announcements, but paying attention to sales numbers - it's not too difficult to get lucky.

Their supposed E3 leaks is what really makes them suss.

Need the combo for this thread.

iw5T2cVJvB5oq.gif

anyone notice he hits the eject button?

also, LOL

big_z

These threads are kinda boring until proper hardware numbers pop up. Hopefully the wiiu gaf predicted numbers are a bit off. I see a good number of people buying wiiu when shopping so six figures would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh wow at TLoU; keep on keeping on! Naughty Dog and Sony have to be pretty proud about this.
Also, glad to see that MK8 made it over 1 million in the US; good job Nintendo/EAD.

Not my fault ppl wild theories crumbles so fast.

You're going pretty overboard with it...but hey, spiteful post and fan boy foolishness are a pretty prominent part of sales-age threads; why even bother pointing it out?
:/

sphinx

the piano man
These threads are kinda boring until proper hardware numbers pop up. Hopefully the wiiu gaf predicted numbers are a bit off. I see a good number of people buying wiiu when shopping so six figures would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

waiting for Creamsugar to appear... until then it's idle chatter.

Occam

Haha godddamn, Gies is an idiot. Polygon is such a disaster. Kuchera probably thinks Nintendo won the NPD this month and is working on a graph to prove it.

You mean on a pie chart. That also contains the number of burgers served at MacDonald‘s.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Nice month without surprises.
Microsoft is ecen more vague than usual though.
I still don't get why/how that many people are willing to pay more than 30$ for a one year old remaster though.

Because according to Sony, 40% of current PS4 owners didn't have a PS3. Are you expecting them to buy a PS3 to play the LoU, or buy the remastered PS4 version?

DayEnder

Polygon did an "analysis" article on historical Mario Kart game sales and tie ratio's with previous Nintendo Consoles and predicted MK8 would only have 1.2M lifetime sales worldwide. The game already surpassed that last month and is on the verge of beating it in ust the US alone.

Perfect, thanks for posting. MK8 is a great game and deserves solid sales.

Vodh

hypothetically if Uncharted 4 hit next winter, Uncharted Remaster at end of July would be absolutely perfect.
maybe even have UC4 multiplayer beta included.
I could see that doing incredibly well.

Oh, Uncharted definitely. If they manage to bundle 1-3 in a single package I could see that doing very well, between all the ex-360 players and people like myself who missed them on PS3, UC4 hype and ND being officially recognized as NG by the world.

CapHarlock

Neo Member
Not surprised at Minecraft's legs. I work retail (Walmart) and it's one of the games so many parents have been buying for their kids lately. I also wouldn't be surprise if the Vita has its lowest month yet. My store still has not gotten any Vita shipment. Had to tell a customer to either order online or check a local GameStop for one.

You can't help but wonder if they have stopped carring the Vita and just Sony has said nothing about it.

MS PR
“Xbox One continues to sell at a strong and steady pace following the release of the $399 console in June, when month-to-month sales more than doubled,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “We continued to see this momentum in July.”
What

So they're saying month-to-month sales doubled again? I find that hard to believe.

Top Bottom