• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

creamsugar

Wii U is OK, Wii is more like 53k.
26K < PSV < 27K
7K < PSP < 8K
PSP GO: 34
105K < PS3 < 110 K

BTW, NPD seems will track OUYA.

BlackJace

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but what's stopping Nintendo from killing off the Wii? I'd imagine that help the Wii U considering possible cannibalism, right?

All this bad news for Nintendo makes me sad.

When are we expecting these Wii U numbers to go up?

Also congrats to ND. TLOU is tied for my game of this gen.

Sorry to ask here but talking of digital Nintendo downloads. Does anyone else get really, really terrible download speeds from the WiiU Eshop ?. I can download at 8.5MB's per second on Steam and I downloaded the MH3 demo which is 900MB's, what should have taken under 2 mins took me around 40 mins...

vpance

Price drops needed. Why they hell would anyone spend $250-$300 on a PS3 or $200-$300 on a Xbox 360 when PS4 launches soon at $400? One of my friends really wanted to pick up a PS3 for TLoU but the price was too high to justify it with PS4 coming so soon. If the console was sub $200 he might have bit.

Profit margins > increasing install base at this point.

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but what's stopping Nintendo from killing off the Wii? I'd imagine that help the Wii U considering possible cannibalism, right?

It wouldn't help all that much, honestly, unless there was a large price drop that coincided. People who buy the Wii now do so because it's so cheap.

Drakeon

All this bad new for Nintendo makes me sad.

When are we expecting these Wii U numbers to go up?

Also congrats to ND. TLOU is tied for my game of this gen.

August at the very earliest, as that's Pikmin, but I doubt it'll come up too much. Donkey Kong would be the first big release and that's October. Unless we get a price drop before then (which, they really should do ASAP).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Vita E3 Excitement! All those announced games clearly forced people through the heatwaves to forsake their Pokémon Centres and bask in the warmth of an OLED instead!

donny2112

So NPD now counts digital and bundles? I can't recall if they never used to count bundles but counting digital sales puts a new light on things for the future too.

NPD tracks bundles, but it does not add them to the software total. They do not directly track digital sales, though. In this case, we have the retail + digital + bundle number from Nintendo, retail number from NPD*, and approximate % of Nintendo total that retail + bundle made up.

MercuryLS

Banned
Yep, exact same situation with a friend of mine as well. Even used he just couldn't get past the entry price, and said "wouldn't you rather have me put this $300 towards a PS4?"

I don't know how much more Sony can cost reduce the PS3, the big issue holding them back is the HDD cost (that doesn't go down over time) and probably still the exotic nature of Cell. I'm happy that Sony went with a more conventional design for PS4, it should help them when cost reducing it over next gen.

GulAtiCa

Why would they do that? It wouldn't really increase Wii U sales at all.. Wii is most likely still making them money. Esp with some games like Just Dance and Skylanders, I'd imagine sell well still on it (well enough that is). Heck, the Wii has two bundles for both games. Anyways, that's my guess on why it would be bad to get rid of it.

August at the very earliest, as that's Pikmin, but I doubt it'll come up too much. Donkey Kong would be the first big release and that's October. Unless we get a price drop before then (which, they really should do ASAP).

Then hopefully they drop the price to coincide with the DK launch. Things just arent right when Ninendo is doing this bad.

What caused the vita bump? I want a vita price cut soon to see wiiu and vita cross streams. Vita still sold like shit and just ruined my predictions damn it

DK isnt out til november

LOL did NPD send people to each home where they got PSPGo to make sure? ;)

The Vita numbers weren't as bad as I expected. But being outside the grave instead of having dirt thrown on you doesn't make it any less dead. I don't expect to have much to play on it next year. :(

Yasumi

Banned
Wii U is OK, Wii is more like 53k.
26K < PSV < 27K
7K < PSP < 8K
PSP GO: 34
105K < PS3 < 110 K

Vita's picking up a little. Very slightly. A smidge. The holidays should be interesting, once the major western titles start coming out. I'm mostly amazed that there are stores still selling new Go's.

Top Bottom