• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

Biker19

Banned
You have edited your post from interactive games should die, why? It's really sad to see people want some genre to die just coz they don't like it and does not have mass appeal to sell in millions. There are people who love them even though they are small in numbers, so it's like crushing some people games.

I figure that actual games like Bloodborne should succeed, & that there should be less games based off of interactive movie-like games.

Go back to the days before 360 & PS3 came in which there were more fun games.

I figure that actual games like Bloodborne should succeed, & that there should be less games based off of interactive movie-like games.

another exclusionary behaviour bullshit.

"no, this is a game. this is what a game should be. that's not a game. yada yada yada.."

another exclusionary behaviour bullshit.

"no, this is a game. this is what a game should be. that's not a game. yada yada yada.."

I agree...we should want more diversity and different types of games, not what someones narrow views of games is. I hate platformers but I don't go around posting they should go away, quite the opposite.

Reading Endo Punk's various quoted posts felt like seeing a stream of this image in text format:
0xgmo0q.jpg

You guys should just ignore the troll and stop trying to feed him. I mean, he has a tag that pretty much labels him as a troll.

"Just under" by roughly 400k.
WW or US? That sounds like US numbers.
Potential should be the tagline to The Order because that's all I ever hear with the IP. Such a meaningless term that can be abused again and again. Hey if they fail to deliver next time it doesn't matter because the lore and setting still has POTENTIAL.
Oh you must be one of those people who hasn't played a game and cries that people enjoy it.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That banned site seems way off base for this though. I know they're not reliable, but they seem far off here.

Lol, they are often really off base on things, sometimes even 2-3x off.

Just look at Mario Party 10

terrible site: North America: 0.16m 52.5%
Actual sales = 290K in US ALONE. Don't even try using it as a base for anything lol.

Dude, come on man. That can't be the narrative you've come up with for majority of users who played the game. Isn't it more just give them a second chance because you could "potentially" make an awesome game in the universe? I mean, most people just want a Gears clone I think, I've not seen many defenders of the game other than "it's not the worse thing I've played" or "It's a great rental". No one is pushing some agenda of people not understanding it's greatness lol.

At the end of the day it takes resources to build games. I for one would like to see Sony direct those resources elsewhere rather than pursue a sequel. In my opinion The Order looked extremely unfun, and I would rather Sony spend the resources fostering 2-3 smaller games that are actually fun! Once again, just my opinion.

RexNovis

Banned
I wonder how a pizza hat tastes.

Chobel would not eat that.

I knew that was coming, it tastes like crow pizza with extra tag.

I would hope the tag sauce would drown out the crow, but I hear the after taste stays a lot longer than some would like.

:)

I see what all of you did there. Thanks for the hearty chuckle. A thread to remember for sure.

That taste stays for life, no doubt about it.

Yes. Yes it does. That bittersweet symphony that's life y'all.

Melchiah

I don't have a problem with people liking DC or TO. Sure DC didn't fail on the level of TO but it failed pretty bad; a year delay, no promised PS+ version, major server issues for months and the whole social aspect came off half baked. Critics also panned it and the game is crawling with sales after many bundles and price cuts. Also doesn't sound like an IP worth supporting with a sequel. KZ and Knack were heavily bundled and regarding Knack its the very definition of mediocrity yet so many people unironically want a sequel.

It's one thing to say I like so and so game but its another to continue pushing the idea that gamers didn't understand a game, sequel will address all issues. I see a lot of that with PS exclusive titles. Wonder if Knack and TO would have had as big a defence force if they were multiplat.

Driveclub was in the recent European top 20 sales charts, half a year after its release.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Driveclub was in the recent European top 20 sales charts, half a year after its release.

Well the Order at least initially sold a lot better than DC. DC opened @ like 47K right? Not sure if it's the best comparison, because the projects likely had different budgets & expectations I presume.

How are those two things even relatable?

Besides from how they used to- prolly still do-take from my posts

They can't even seem to copy 1st party PR properly sometimes T_T... They still somehow have Mario party 10 at 160K NA and 70K JP (issues copying media create/famitsu )?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Reading Endo Punk's various quoted posts felt like seeing a stream of this image in text format:
0xgmo0q.jpg

You guys should just ignore the troll and stop trying to feed him. I mean, he has a tag that pretty much labels him as a troll.

i saw him making a pretty tame and commonly held argument which only comes across as controversial due to the charged hostility of the environment, whereas this is the definition of an empty shitpost which only serves to derail discussion and encourage everyone to play the man instead of the ball.

Melchiah

Well the Order at least initially sold a lot better than DC. DC opened @ like 47K right? Not sure if it's the best comparison, because the projects likely had different budgets & expectations I presume.

DC seems to have better legs when it comes to sales though, at least in Europe where racers are more popular. Perhaps the good word of mouth has also something to do with it.

I'm trying to look at specific numbers from September 2014 and... I can't. Everything was in quotes and the thread is locked, so I can't even quote to reveal.

LLShC.gif

Ty4on

I'm trying to look at specific numbers from September 2014 and... I can't. Everything was in quotes and the thread is locked, so I can't even quote to reveal.

LLShC.gif

PS4: 538k
XB1: 284k
WIU: 87k
3DS: 141k
360 : 74k
PS3: 46k

Sorry for the less than ideal format.

Percy

Banned
i saw him making a pretty tame and commonly held argument which only comes across as controversial due to the charged hostility of the environment, whereas this is the definition of an empty shitpost which only serves to derail discussion and encourage everyone to play the man instead of the ball.

This sounds like every post I have ever seen you make in my time here to be perfectly honest. How many times have you been banned for doing that now, in fact?

To clarify, this is happening only in US. This is the territory where the game is "recovering" a bit from the debut's month. Japan sales sucked beyond belief and, for Europe...I won't hold my breath believing it sold that much (we just know it sold 35,000 in France, though, nothing else...the stars will be aligned, cats and dogs will live together and The Last Guardian will be shown at an E3 when we'll know concrete European numbers, so...).

Could've sworn Bayo2 was 60k in France.

Fake edit: Yep!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944980

Expecting few games based on Interactivity is fine because the gamers who want these games are minor these days, so few games are well balanced than completely stop making these games which is really bad for industry. We need diversity and there are gamers who like interactivity also one of the reasons are as they have less time to play games than regular gamer so they expect short and quality single player experiences like a movie so they should have some games for playing.

Also before 360 & PS3 days the technology was not good enough to make those interactive movie like games which was not possible at that time so we did not get.

prwxv3

Shitting on people for wanting a sequel is not tame and should not be condoned.

Mr Swine

Banned
So does anyone have a clue how much Vita and PSTV has done this month? Why aren't they included with the other handheld/console numbers?

Without being rude or derailing the very interesting Order discussion, I am somewhat interested in how Dragon Age Inquisition has done. It seemed to have an ok-ish first month, but has shown some signs of limited staying power after in Europe on the combined formats charts, and EA gave that very unclear statement that it was "fastest selling Bioware game at launch" and then a series of hours played. Interested in whether it outsold DA2 or not at retail.

TomShoe

Banned
Shitting on people for wanting a sequel is not tame and should not be condoned.

Amen to that. Shitting on someone because they liked a game you didn't has no place here.

So does anyone have a clue how much Vita and PSTV has done this month? Why aren't they included with the other handheld/console numbers?

Sales are so small they're not worth tracking. Maybe cs might help you out if you PM him.

Kill3r7

Without being rude or derailing the very interesting Order discussion, I am somewhat interested in how Dragon Age Inquisition has done. It seemed to have an ok-ish first month, but has shown some signs of limited staying power after in Europe on the combined formats charts, and EA gave that very unclear statement that it was "fastest selling Bioware game at launch" and then a series of hours played. Interested in whether it outsold DA2 or not at retail.

We got this statement from EA in January.

“Dragon Age: Inquisition had by far the most successful launch in BioWare’s history, exceeding our expectations,” said EA CFO Blake Jorgensen during the investor call.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/drag...test-selling-bioware-game-yet-says-ea/0144430

MSI

Banned
Ugh! Disappointed to see the worst Battlefield game sell well. Yea it might not have BF4 type issues but its just a bad game. The cops vs robbers MP should have just been a BF4 expansion while ditching visceral and their campaign. Oh well!

Yay Bloodborne!!!

Combining PS3, X360, Ouya, Shield, Vita and Vita TV literally accounts for less than 15% of hardware sales so far this year.

Not worth tracking.

I wonder if any pricecuts for last gen consoles are in store for E3, and if they are if it will make any difference, or if last gen consoles have already reached market saturation.

I would assume they haven't, but neither Sony nor MS seem inclined to reach out to low-expenditure markets, and the length of last gen was an anomaly compared to prior generations.

Massa

Ugh! Disappointed to see the worst Battlefield game sell well. Yea it might not have BF4 type issues but its just a bad game. The cops vs robbers MP should have just been a BF4 expansion while ditching visceral and their campaign. Oh well!

Yay Bloodborne!!!

It's the best selling game in Visceral's history, sadly.

(edit: not sad that it sold well, but at the situation overall).

Top Bottom