• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

Barrett2

Wait a minute, even Donkey Kong outsold GT5?!

There is not enough popcorn in the world sufficient for tonight. :lol

Pretty impressive 360 figures, but the 1.2M Wii number is no slouch either. Competition by year's end will be stiffer than ever.

I'm a bit surprised to see GT5 at 8, but I don't really know if it's a franchise that historically performs better in Europe than in America.

Meus Renaissance said:
JZeTL.gif

that is just worng. Most likely some one died i think.

farnham

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
360 outdoor the Wii. Hot damn.
yeah it looks like its over with the wii and reggies outrageous 45 million comment. :lol :lol
SteelAttack said:
Pretty impressive 360 figures, but the 1.2M Wii number is no slouch either. Competition by year's end will be stiffer than ever.

I'm a bit surprised to see GT5 at 8, but I don't really know if it's a franchise that historically performs better in Europe than in America.
its down YOY after Nintendo banked everything on the big holiday sales season

nintendos sales strategy this year = failed

V_Ben

Banned
Low GT5, and no Kinect titles in the top 10? How unexpected. Who knows, maybe GT5 came out too late in the month to have as big a sales impact as they had hoped... though I still would have expected it to sell more.

Rainier

Damn, with GT5 being such a front loaded game, I hope it doesn't drop like a rock in the US like it did in Japan.

DuckRacer said:
Fable 3's above GT5? Really? Come on.

It was on sale at most places for Black Friday *shrugs*

Fable II didn't hold particularly well back in 08, so I'm guessing it really benefited this time around

not many numbers :(

Not surprised by the GT5 rank(?), it didn't have most of the month to bank on, had a soft launch, bad leadup, little early marketing, lower than expected review scores, and I didn't see marketing for it until the past week :/

gerg

And people thought that Dance Central would outsell Just Dance 2...

apana said:
Wii is matching last year's insane numbers. Or is this sarcasm?

It's farnham. It doesn't matter.

ctr+f Donkey Kong Country
:D
I am happy. The Wii, Nintendo DS, and Xbox 360 all sold really well. Interested to see what Sony sold.

farnham

Banned
apana said:
360 outsold it by 200k. in november. also nintendo really banked on the holiday shopping spree.. looks like this year the wii just was not a hot item.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I wish we could get individual formats. It'd make finding out how well games really did much easier. All formats is not very nice to single-platform games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
GarthVaderUK said:
Fable III appears to have done well for its second month!

Not bad at all for such a terrible mess of a game. I guess people really liked Fable 2. Amazing that's it's beaten DKCR, GT5 and NFS.

apana said:

No, it's just farnham being farnham - give him a wee while and he'll be telling everyone how Nintendo should be abandoning everything but their Wii titles etc. etc. etc.

EDIT:

...and there we go:

farnham said:
360 outsold it by 200k. in november. also nintendo really banked on the holiday shopping spree.. looks like this year the wii just was not a hot item.

There you have it, folks - 1.2 million & holding steady YoY and it's not a "hot item"...

GhaleonEB

Sho_Nuff82 said:
No Kinect hw/sw numbers from MS? Really? Fuck, I demand satisfaction!
Their PR isn't out yet. I'm sure it's coming soon, as with every month.

I wonder how we'll get PS3 numbers this month. Sony probably won't release them.

TheOddOne said:
Fable still selling good, who would have thunk it?

It's probably going to be the most successful Fable game so far, especially when the PC version releases. And people were saying it's not going to do well because of "disappointing" Fable II.

FrankT

Need some PS3 numbers as well as Kinect overall combined number(come on MS). Need an accessories spend as well. DC and KS too.

Holy fuck at the amazing 360 news. GT5 was such a huge disappointment. I decided to rent it before I bought it, and I was so glad I did. I wound up not liking it at all.

Paracelsus

If Kinect's bundled software isn't there then does that mean lots of X360 + Kinect bundles have been sold, right?

farnham

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
No, it's just farnham being farnham - give him a wee while and he'll be telling everyone how Nintendo should be abandoning everything but their Wii titles etc. etc. etc.
i still think wii relax this year would have saved nintendo from this sales disaster.

that said they are still better off then the gamecube days i guess.

Takao said:
GT5's positioning isn't surprising. The franchise isn't a blockbluster, but an incredible slow burner.
You'd think that a massive five year absence might allow for a more front-loaded sales debut given all there was new, GT-wise, on the current gen system was an expensive demo a few years ago.

Mrbob

GhaleonEB said:
Fable III > Gran Turismo 5

Hooolleeeeeyyy shit. :lol

I did not expect Fable III to hold up at all.

Fable 3 held extremely well. Surprising New Vegas dropped like a rock out of the top 10. I thought it would hold better. Fable 3 behind New Vegas the first month. Way ahead in month two.

FrankT

Damn. :lol

Got to have the SKU breakdown for that.

Paracelsus said:
If Kinect's bundled software isn't there then does that mean lots of X360 + Kinect bundles have been sold, right?

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but Kinect Adventures wouldn't be included here since it is in accessories.

farnham said:

Guess that means Square should move DQ X to the 360, right?

Top Bottom