• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

Takao

Banned
I wonder how badly God of War: Ghost of Sparta did (70k?)? If anything missing from that deserves to be there in place of Fable III, it's that.

RPG_Fanatic said:
Interested to see what Sony sold.

They'll never tell.

skyfinch

molyneux_1104927594.jpg

Peter wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i underestimated kinect adventures, seems like it's the only kinect game you'd ever need.

Sean

Banned
Wow, what the hell at GT5? Thought it'd be #3 for sure.

And jesus christ at those Black Ops sales. Already the #7th best selling game of all time in it's first month :lol

farnham said:
i still think wii relax this year would have saved nintendo from this sales disaster.

that said they are still better off then the gamecube days i guess.

You have to be a fucking joke account now. That or you really are, as Chris says, a "self-destructing fanboy"...

Mrbob

I'm not on the GT5 defense force but you guys realize it was only on sale a couple days for November NPD, right? With the way Sony screwed up release it is possible people didn't even know the game was out.

With 1.4 million sold for Xbox 360 I think it is safe to say MS has won in the USA versus PS3. Playstation 3 will have to enjoy its stay in 3rd place.

Road said:
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...es-record-setting-november-video-game-sales/1

The latest installment in the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops had a record-setting launch in November selling 8.4 million copies in the U.S.,

:lol :lol

8.4 million? Twenty Five pecent of all software sales in November 2010? Insane.

Glix

I don't want to live in a world where Just Dance outsells DKCR :(

It was released much earlier in the month, right? Does that usually make a big difference, or is Week 1 really the only big deal these days?

farnham said:
oh wow wii got stomped again.
Sorry if I single you out, perhaps I should do this via PM, but here goes anyway.

The sales performance of Nintendo really seems important too you. When the Wii was on top you seemed like a happy fellow. I didn't see a correlation between the two however. But ever since the Wii has been winding down a bit it's nothing but depressing doom&gloom posts coming from you. You seem like a different person altogether sometimes.

Like this post. The Wii actually stayed flat compared to last year, which is imo a bit surprising in a positive way considering how the console has faired the past months. But if you want to call it "stomped" because the 360 is doing spectacular as well right now, well. OK. :)

I guess you could summarize my post as: cheer up man! ;)

gerg said:
And people thought that Dance Central would outsell Just Dance 2...

It's farnham. It doesn't matter.

People expected a Kinect launch title to outsell a game on a platform with a large established user base?

That's the exact reason you're not going to see Kinect titles on this list. They are no match for all these popular franchises on systems with a huge user base; even the 360 itself.

FoneBone

Technosteve said:
i need natal sku numbers damn it, and none of the natal games charted?
"Natal"? Really?

Not that surprising, the userbase is too limited at this point. It doesn't mean anything bad for Kinect.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MikeE21286 said:
By SKU I'd say GT5 is 5 or 6, but still...

It outsold any of the NFS SKU's individually based on Major Nelson's tweet
Unless it outsold CoD PS3 it's 6 at best.

NHale

timetokill said:
So if we were using the old format, GT5 wouldn't have been in the Top 10?

It is in the top 10. Major Nelson said Halo: Reach is in the top 10 (individual SKUs) and it doesn't appear in the combined chart, so GT5 would be at least at #8 in individual SKU chart.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Guy Legend said:
NPD covered up to Nov. 27, GT5 came out on Nov. 24.

Game is going to sell just fine.
yeah, people barely had time to get their pre-orders in.

Empty

stunned at how well the 360 has been doing post the slim redesign. i expected it to tail off a bit this year, not surge. shows what i know.

So is Farnham an agreed upon joke character and I missed the thread where this is established a la Astrolad or is he a dude who basically bases his entire life on spinning anything toward Nintendo failure

Elios83

With THOSE COD numbers and the absence of Kinect titles in the top ten I'm wondering if the true system seller for the 360 in November was Black Ops and not Kinect :lol
And Sony just release your numbers as crappy as they might be :lol :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
DuckRacer said:
Modern Warfare 2 first month: 6.07 million
Blops first month: 8.4 million

Good grief.

I remember some people posting that Blops wouldn't do as well as MW2. looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

360 ---> Goddamn! Didn't expect Kinect (and Slim) to spur sales so much. Gaf was wrong once again.
Wii ---> Very good. Especially considering the sales trend of the past months
DS ---> Still an absolute beast. And that with the 3DS just around the corner.

Black Ops ---> Good lord!

Hero of Legend said:
Need Epic Mickey and Sonic Colors Wii numbers.

Mickey wasn't released in the November NPD period. Colors will have been lucky to have broken 10k going by it never getting into the Amazon top 300 best sellers in video games.

Proven

Sean said:
Wow, what the hell at GT5? Thought it'd be #3 for sure.

And jesus christ at those Black Ops sales. Already the #7th best selling game of all time in it's first month :lol

Going to requote this. Hopefully it'll propagate to the next page.

Edit: Really GAF? This slow?

Top Bottom