• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

Well the best buy I took that picture at was one I've never been at before. So idk how much they do compared to the other best buys I normally go to. But it is the kendall miami store if that person that works at best buy wants to see if that store is higher in the district or what. I'll go to the other best buy near me tomorrow and see if they have a massive stack as well. I'm more curious if best buy expects that to sell through by thursday, friday, or last the weekend. Like I said they had those 250ish gta bundles plus 100ish destiny bundles along with 50 or so regs. I'm curious if there is anymore in back or another shipment expected to come in. But if they can push 400+ ps4s thursdsy/friday that will be insane. Doing rough math assuming best buy stores average 250 ps4 and there are 1000 stores and they make up 12% of the market share. That works out to a 2mil black friday weekend. But that can be worthless if the store I went to had an abnormally large shipment or that Sony is stuffing regular retail stores over gamestop messing with the percentages. This month will be most interesting.

0vEIRe7.jpg

Here is the view of the same pile from another angle. It is literally takes up 80 percent of the space in best buys Playstation isle. The bottom 2 rows are 2 wide by 32 long then they stack them horizontally but it's about 4 rows high which makes for 256.

Mrbob

Is the Destiny bundle going to be $399 now? Otherwise what is the point of it for the holiday season.

Also, receiving the bulk of systems in GTA5 bundles doesn't make it seem very limited. Especially if one store has 250 of them. Would be interesting to see the franchise distribution, though I'm sure Gamestop received the most.

Log4Girlz

Well the best buy I took that picture at was one I've never been at before. So idk how much they do compared to the other best buys I normally go to. But it is the kendall miami store if that person that works at best buy wants to see if that store is higher in the district or what. I'll go to the other best buy near me tomorrow and see if they have a massive stack as well. I'm more curious if best buy expects that to sell through by thursday, friday, or last the weekend. Like I said they had those 250ish gta bundles plus 100ish destiny bundles along with 50 or so regs. I'm curious if there is anymore in back or another shipment expected to come in. But if they can push 400+ ps4s thursdsy/friday that will be insane. Doing rough math assuming best buy stores average 250 ps4 and there are 1000 stores and they make up 12% of the market share. That works out to a 2mil black friday weekend. But that can be worthless if the store I went to had an abnormally large shipment or that Sony is stuffing regular retail stores over gamestop messing with the percentages. This month will be most interesting.

0vEIRe7.jpg

Here is the view of the same pile from another angle. It is literally takes up 80 percent of the space in best buys Playstation isle. The bottom 2 rows are 2 wide by 32 long then they stack them horizontally but it's about 4 rows high which makes for 256.

I live near that best buy

0vEIRe7.jpg

HxHxngG.gif

Radec

0vEIRe7.jpg

plot twist:

The only PS4 there are the visible ones. The rest are WiIU boxes.

WiiU sells 3 million this november.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
How does Black Friday affect the sales of different retail chains? Is the bump similar everywhere, or do people crowd some stores more than others? Never been there to witness it myself (and not so sure I would like to...)

hepburn3d

I have never been more excited for an NPD in my life. The winner is meaningless. I'm here for the spin.

Man the spin! You have to give spin doctors credit for what they come up with. Can't wait to see the Sold In vs Sold Through statements

Man. December is such an amazing month! I don't care who wins either. I just love seeing the game industries go head to head like Player 1 vs Player 2.

Someone needs to make a Nidhogg GIF with PS4 and XB1 :D

I don't trust you. We need to get Okonomiyaki back to verify how many are really in that stack.

orochi91

I have never been more excited for an NPD in my life. The winner is meaningless. I'm here for the spin.

It will be interesting to see what Sony comes up with for their first NPD loss of 2014.

I imagine they'll tout PS "family", or perhaps updates on their best selling games.

Maybe even WW shipment totals to overshadow XB1's win.

It will be interesting to see what Sony comes up with for their first NPD loss of 2014.

I imagine they'll tout PS "family", or perhaps updates on their best selling games.

I'm expecting a simple "PS4 continues to be the best-selling console of 2014. Thanks to all of our fans for supporting us" tweet.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

They'll say "we're still winning in the US and worldwide regardless", cuz they are.

That's way too tame :/

I want Major Nelson levels of spin.

"7,500 million bullets in Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 were fired by PlayStation users all around the country this November."

"The PlayStation 4 was the fastest-selling console in the month of November with the most units sold on Black Friday and consequently the most units sold per second."

That a bit better?

This Black Friday will indeed be very interesting considering there are usually more console sales on this weekend than the entirety of the 3 months prior.

orochi91

"7,500 million bullets in Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 were fired by PlayStation users all around the country this November."

"The PlayStation 4 was the fastest-selling console in the month of November with the most units sold on Black Friday and consequently the most units sold per second."

That a bit better?

B+

Paganmoon

I'm not so convinced that Sony will lose november. NPD will be very interesting to watch.

I think MS will take November, with the amount of push they've done the last few months, and the price drop now, if they don't, I really don't know if they'll ever win an NPD this gen. But I think this is like the third time I've posted the same thing in the last 6 months, so what the fuck do I know :)

I think MS will take November, with the amount of push they've done the last few months, and the price drop now, if they don't, I really don't know if they'll ever win an NPD this gen. But I think this is like the third time I've posted the same thing in the last 6 months, so what the fuck do I know :)

Microsoft won December 2013. They sold 908K compared to Sony's 863K.

hagege_s

Banned

I'm pretty sure they're going to win. GTA V bundle man. GTA V.

The Real Sony spin:
In November we saw tramendous demand for the PS4 which continues to be the best selling 8th gen. platform in the US.
The PlayStation 4 sold the most software on for the holiday's biggest games such as GTAV, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Far Cry 4.
Lastly, globally sales remains strong as the PlayStation 4 was the top selling 8th gen console around the world with over --M units sold through!
We want to thank all of our fans out there for giving us such an amazing year, and look forward to sharing more on the future of the PlayStation 4's bright future at our PlayStation Experience event!

Microsoft spin:
"It's only halftime!!" - Aaron Greenberg

PhatSaqs

Banned
I'm not so convinced that Sony will lose november. NPD will be very interesting to watch.
Any particular reasoning? MS has led on Amazon every week of the month so far. Unless Sony pushes past them during BF, MS takes November. Either way it'll be close (within 100K) IMO.

Any particular reasoning? MS has led on Amazon every week of the month so far. Unless Sony pushes past them during BF, MS takes November. Either way it'll be close (within 100K) IMO.

Didn’t the PS4 solo bundle start outselling any MS ones just recently? Seem to remember that being mentioned here.

I want Sony to win only for the fallout from a single tweet stating they're the top selling console. We know MS is preparing a Oscar-style acceptance speech, I think Major Nelson might cry, but Sony would just tweet and GAF would lose the plot.

On Demand

Banned
Sony doesn't need to spin if they lose November.

1 It won't be by much.

2 They're still in the lead.

PSE would have already happened

For a few days last week yeah. AssCreed bundle has been up for the last few days again.

It's above it at BB. Which goes along with what Abdiel was saying.

Didn’t the PS4 solo bundle start outselling any MS ones just recently? Seem to remember that being mentioned here.

ah yes, the the good old worthless hourly rankings

if you check the weekly rankings though, not so much, although one does wonder how much Amazon is useful for this month

I think if Sony feels good about their black friday numbers they will announce worldwide numbers at pse. I'm curious what they could be at through November worldwide.

Disregard some of what I said yesterday. Not the full picture.

Limited still and is considered a "door buster" but not extremely low like I originally thought. Jumped the gun a bit my apologies.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I want Sony to win only for the fallout from a single tweet stating they're the top selling console. We know MS is preparing a Oscar-style acceptance speech, I think Major Nelson might cry, but Sony would just tweet and GAF would lose the plot.

I want all of this to happen. I also want bought Sony and MS to claim they had the top* selling** console*** for November****

* current + last gen
** sold in
*** factoring in our other console like devices like tablets etc.
**** for parts of November really.

Xando

I agree, a Sony win would be the most entertaining for me as a owner of both.

cakely

Heh. People in this thread have moved on from looking forward to sales numbers and now they're waiting for the PR spin from the sales numbers.

That's like the second derivative of actually enjoying video games. :)

Top Bottom