• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua, holy crap, I didn't expect you to give out so much info this month. This new email tag system works great, especially for the first week or so till most lurkers give up.

Suck it non-GAF internet! Wez bes ballin' up in herr.

What is email tag system? WTF is happenin?

Aqua, holy crap, I didn't expect you to give out so much info this month. This new email tag system works great, especially for the first week or so till most lurkers give up.

YO I WANNA THANK

THE CREAM

FOR BEIN ALL

SUGAR AND SHIT

Cool, so Mario Kart 8 has done in the US - in five months - about what Polygon thought it'd do worldwide in its lifetime

smKL6iC.jpg

Endo Punk

It stunk but that didn't stop them from improvement. Sony's complacency is leading to the exact opposite.

I think if anything this whole ordeal shows us that gamers underestimatd how many people bought XB360 for XBL and how many bought it for superior multiplat games. All the FW updates and exclusives wont stop the perception that it is an inferior hardware to PS4 for majority of games.

Sony is indeed being complacent but updates will come, exclusives will arrive but PS4 will always remain the best place for multiplat games to all but the hardcore. I am just surprised MS didn't see that people enjoyed the 360 because it offered best version of EA games, Acti etc. What they did in May 2013 is going to hurt them throughout this gen in the states.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This thread had about 200 replies when I went to bed, now it's approaching 5000.

Did I miss a good meltdown?

Jburton

Banned
I wonder if Microsoft will take a big hit this year to slow down PS4 adoption because once it reaches a tipping point and consumer minds are swayed substantially to one side your looking at PS2 versus Xbox or thereabouts. Xbox One needs a price cut Sony won't follow. $299, €299, £249.

They already have taken a big hit, numerous price drops and free games etc and they still have had zero effect.

Now watch what happens when Sony drop the PS4 price.

Empty

forza horizon sales are sad. if you can only do that despite having real cars fantasy, full open world, trendy online features, glowing reviews, what kind of chance would a motorstorm or f-zero have in this market. zero. zilch.

arcade racers :(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Are fucking kidding me?

You missed THE meltdown, an epic gif, and patriotic second post.

Amount of sodioum in this thread will literally make you go CRAZedY

Excellent. It would be awesome if the OP was updated with the gif's and meltdowns

360 still being strong is a hint of many users haven't upgrade yet, when they do, they might likely migrate to Xbox one because they want to stay in the same ecosystem.

There's no real incentive to stay in the Xbox ecosystem though; its not like any of your DLC or XBLA purchases will carry across, and if you want to play online multiplayer titles you're best off picking the console with the larger userbase for the correspondingly higher chance of game populations.

Basically, unless you are a huge fan of Xbox specific franchises, or really care about your Gamerscore any 'natural successor' ties from 360 to X1 were cut at whatever point on the drawing board BC was cut.

How does it work great? People on other sites have accounts here, anyone can look them up and post it elsewhere. Creamsugar has been leaking numbers and people have been summarizing those leaks and circulate them for years. By trying to obscure previously freely available leaks they will only get more popular and put more attention where they come from(streisand effect). You can't suppress juicy info people are getting every month.

SmokyDave

forza horizon sales are sad. if you can only do that despite having real cars fantasy, full open world, trendy online features, glowing reviews, what kind of chance would a motorstorm or f-zero have in this market. zero. zilch.

arcade racers :(
Yup. I share your pain. All hopes rest on Driveclub, and that fucker is limping out of the gate with a terminal disease :(

Hyunashi

All of their studios are working on games, they just haven't revealed them yet. Seriously, stop sounding so bitter.

Thats my biggest take. Sony's first party have barely got the ball rolling and they are still smashing. Next year will be a massive year if their big guns actually get going at E3. ND + SSM + TLG = overwhelming E3.

Its almost not fair.

It stunk but that didn't stop them from improvement. Sony's complacency is leading to the exact opposite.

The whole reason MS has improved is because Sony keeps eating their lunch. If you are an MS fan, PS4's domination has given you tremendous benefits. In the short term, anyway.

As for Sony, Persona 5 and Bloodborne is pretty much game set and match for me. More complacency, please.

Link doesn't work, I wanna see :(

Lol
Guess it is a joke but I have seen around people really do judge and pick what games they play just on the games score I just always found that sad as fuck
Just the idea that if that's how I would pick my games I would've missed on some of the best games ever on my master system Saturn and so on ..

Yeah, people get really worked up about metacritic scores. A good friend of mine will actually only buy a game if it is 90 or higher on metacritic. It's a pretty interesting mindset, and obviously frustrating when looking at the logic of it.

I do wish there was a push for getting away from numerical scores, but that'll never happen on a wide scale. At least there are a few sites doing it though.

All hopes rest on Driveclub, and that fucker is limping out of the gate with a terminal disease :(

DriveClub's sales are going to be interesting since they're going to be (i'd imagine) heavily skewed towards digital. Can't imagine the retail side will be too impressive.

LOCK

OH MY GOD YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

Sounds like a plan.

I'm all for more sales numbers visibility, but I'm also a realist who has experienced the slow death of sales-age, and is supportive of any system that protects what we have still available to us while also staying visible to those who contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom