• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD September 2011 Sales Results [Update 3: FIFA 12, Madden 12, Dead Island]

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yup, Kinect proved to be more of a system seller than Blu-Ray or Move. MS treated it as a separate hardware platform and launched it with terrific marketing, so they are reaping the rewards now. I wonder what will be the strategy for Sony in the US; lower price definitely helps, but they need some sort of a huge boost to increase sales. It sold well this month, but we don't know if it will do that consistently. Next month's NPD will be really interesting.

Kenak said:
I am in the same position, though I've bought ODST even. I am currently planning on not buying Halo 4 unless media and news sways me otherwise. This has been the opposite case for every Halo release prior.

Yeah, I will pay attention to previews of the game but right now... I don't think it will sway me at all.

Aselith

Congrats to the Dead Island team. They made themselves a great game that i think most people assumed was going to get lost in the holiday rush and instead have a hit on their hands. Very impressive numbers for a new IP!

Top Bottom